Fun Q: How does Crow win vs Draconian Flyer?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Fun Q: How does Crow win vs Draconian Flyer?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  smeagolheart 8 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Sunicle

My scouting Grimbeak Crow was attacked by a Draconian Flyer.

My crow was already not at full health anymore, the Draconian Flyer was. It should have been lights out for my little crow, but somehow he won the battle.
    Can you guess how he won it?
    There’s a clue in the picture, and it would surprise me if the right answer didn’t come in quickly. I think I stumbled upon a little bug…

Mezmorki

A magic spell!

Wait …. something with the river?

Tibbles

Did the crow have some sort of stun perk from an empire upgrade or structure?
    THat’s the only thing I can think off.

Motasa

Impassable water?

Sahuagin

the crow avoided the flyer and the battle ended because no fighting was occurring.

Weltenreiter

Double Gravity (from a Sanctum or something, since you’re Rogue not Sorc, but those cough up class spells sometimes) -> Flyer drowns?

(Probably wrong answer because there’s no clue to that in the image and it would probably not a but, but hey, I want to play too :P)
    Edit: Nevermind, not enough CP to remote cast that and no spent CP anyway.

Didymus1492

This image doesn’t make sense to me. If the flyer was dead, his health bar should be empty. If he was converted, it should show that. It looks like he *fled*.
    What is that spell effect shown on the flyer, anyway?
    AFAIK, there is no way to place a dread effect on a crow. But given the ubiquitous problems the game has with indexing, it seems conceivable that the dread effect was on another unit, and was misplaced as being on the crow.
    Warm? Cold? Frozed?

Tibbles

Oh you guys are right, the results screen shows full health bars D’oh xD

5 rounds without damage means the attacker lost, it’s basically a draw..

Yekk0

Battlefield Panic, since your a rogue? It fled or something ? 🙂 thatll be my guess

EDIT: Oh shit, no CP spend. Im lost then xD

Sunicle

Answer:

I had my crow positioned such that the Draconian Flyer could only attack me from a tile with arrows on it. Those tiles that let attacking units escape the battle field.
    So the flyer tried to attack my crow, but unintentionally left the battle field, and if you flee your fight gets tagged as a loss.

You can still see the flyer in the picture, he’s completely unhurt, but has no movement points anymore, and I can probably escape with my crow.

It’s really a little bug. Possibly those ‘escape’ tiles on the strategic battle field shouldn’t be put adjacent to each other, because then a thing like this can easily happen.
    I didn’t set out to do it, it happened purely accidentally, but I’m surprised it hasn’t been discovered before.

melkathi

Yeah, crows outran the flyers.
    Been doing that quite a bit against the AI.
    He didn’t use any spells, as he is still 20/20 for casting points.

Edit:

Ah interesting answer 🙂

Weltenreiter

I had my crow positioned such that the Draconian Flyer could only attack me from a tile with arrows on it.

That is awesome. xD

Edit:

smeagolheart

Answer:

I had my crow positioned such that the Draconian Flyer could only attack me from a tile with arrows on it. Those tiles that let attacking units escape the battle field.<br>
    So the flyer tried to attack my crow, but unintentionally left the battle field, and if you flee your fight gets tagged as a loss.

You can still see the flyer in the picture, he’s completely unhurt, but has no movement points anymore, and I can probably escape with my crow.

It’s really a little bug. Possibly those ‘escape’ tiles on the strategic battle field shouldn’t be put adjacent to each other, because then a thing like this can easily happen.<br>
    I didn’t set out to do it, it happened purely accidentally, but I’m surprised it hasn’t been discovered before.

people have discovered that issue before

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.