German press tour finished, new footage and screenshots

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions German press tour finished, new footage and screenshots

This topic contains 186 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  NuMetal 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 181 through 187 (of 187 total)
  • Author

Edi

I haven’t got the time or the inclination to read the entire debate here, so I’ll just skip that. The footage looked fantastic, I’m really pleased and looking forward to the release of the game.

One question: Can you turn off the color coding and terrain highlighting when you zoom out to the parchment map? Having the domain display as filter type toggles you can turn on and off would be great, because a fully mapped out scenario would look really nice without the color codes.

oasis

I just watched the Let’s Play from this for the first time. I was really impressed with the character customization screens and the animations of the units when you show their full info is really cool. Lots of love put into this, can’t wait!

NuMetal

While rewatching the video I noticed something I hadn’t noticed before:

At 18:46 she selects her major city and in the left you can see that she has the option “install puppet”, which takes 0 turns and doesn’t cost anything.
    Does anyone have an idea what this ability does?

NEHZ

In civ 5 you can install puppets in conquered cities to reduce the unrest penalty. On the flipside, you can’t deside what that city builds, can’t buy anything in that city and it’ll never build units.
    Considering that this was her major city, either the option wasn’t done yet (including the part where it is concealed if your city isn’t one that’s conquered) or it works differently 🙂
    Perhaps in AoW it’ll just automate the build order for you.

NuMetal

@nehz: Thanks for the enlightenment! 🙂

I find it somewhat promising to find out TS added something like this and never even mentioned it. It kinda makes me think/hope there might still be other gems hiding until we actually buy the game 😉

Now I am curious though what exactly this “puppet” does in AoW3…

Tomipapa

The puppet description is:

“Grants the town independence, lead by a puppet government favorable to your empire. The town gets a makeshift garrison, acting as a buffer towards enemies.”

NuMetal

@tomipapa: I just wanted to post the exact same thing after noticing the description is flashing up for like half a second in the video! 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 181 through 187 (of 187 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.