GOG Users: Do you want my mods on Nexus?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions GOG Users: Do you want my mods on Nexus?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Charlatan 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

LordCameron

Title says it all. Personally I find it more useful to use the Steam Work Shop Downloader , but I’m sure my case isn’t everyone’s.

Let me know and if there is enough demand I’ll look into it.

HI thanks for offering. I would welcome any mod going on nexus.

Just one question: That downloader you mentioned: Does it enable me to download steam made mods and use them in the gog version? If so that would be cool never new such a function exists. That would make putting stuff on nexus unnecessary (even though it migth be more convinient for people that do not use steam at all).

LordCameron

You just stick the URL of the mod in, and then put the resulting file where you would if you downloaded it off of Nexus. You don’t even need a Steam account.

Mourioche

Thanks for asking too.

I watch for mods on Nexus and ModDB.
    But if you compare the number of mod on these sites and the number of mod on steam, you can see that there is no other choice than use the Steam Work Shop Downloader.

So, even if you put your mod on Nexus, we still have to use the Steam Work Shop Downloader.

I don’t think it is something good for a game to concentrate all the mods somewhere (on steam or somewhere else)

Gloweye

Never seen ModDB before…but I’ll add it to the Wikia, despite there only being Garresh’s mod on it.

Khelle

All the way nexusmods, please! Steam workshop compared to nexus is like kindergarten education level to the one of highschool 😛

Charlatan

All the way nexusmods, please! Steam workshop compared to nexus is like kindergarten education level to the one of highschool”>

Except its the other way around. Steam Workshop got automatic updates, loads at high speed without having to buy premium, has more convenient access to contacting users/authors. Non-steam support is a large advantage, but also the only advantage independant sites have.

Alas, the Nexus is the best and largest modding community site ever to exist and ill upload my stuff there aswell now ._.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.