Great Item! Is it new?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Great Item! Is it new?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Usana 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Steven Aus

I got the Spirit Flask (or whatever it’s called). It’s a Mythical Usable Item which grants Incorporeal (+60% Physical Resistance and Pass Wall, so essentially fly on the tactical map). Is it new, or have I just not got it before? Plus I have the Armor that grants +20% Physical Resistance, so a total of 60% Physical Resistance on Ham Binger. I notice that Sphere of Protection works on an Incorporeal unit, does this replace the Incorporeal physical resistance (so granting an extra 20%) or does it add 80% to the Incorporeal + other items amount? If the latter, you might want to change it so that it just replaces the Incorporeal bonus and then add any other bonuses, so you would get a bonus of 20% rather than 80%. But make sure the Pass Wall still works. =) Pass Wall enables you to use a Walking mount rather than Flying mount, with all the benefits except the extra squares of tactical walking and strategic movement.

jakjak

It is new and a very nice item one of my favorites

Gloweye

it is new. Try combining it with the Silver Aegis Ring, for an additional 40% bonus.(Still need the armor or a Warlord/Dread hero for the 100% if you happen to be a Halfling…)

Steven Aus

Unfortunately I lost this particular game, so I will have to roll the treasure results again. I attacked when I didn’t have any Leader spell points, and that proved to be the difference between the sides (they ground down Ham and killed him, ahem, grin, even though he had 60% Physical Resistance – could have used Tireless). Never again will I go into a major battle (especially one with a loss condition hero) without full leader spell points.

Decker87

Gloweye – What’s the best way to ‘farm’ for mythical items? Kill seals?

Steven Aus

Apparently the seals only provide items the first time they are conquered.

Socratatus

I don’t know if this was new, but I found an egg. It didn’t say anything except it had 5 (or 8 can’t remember) turns left on it. I passed it over to my female heroine and forgot about it. 5 turns later it hatched into a ridable dragon creature for her to ride! That was a nice touch, reminded me of Game Of Thrones, I thought.

Decker87

Socratatus – Eggs are items that you can get as rewards, or a Sorceror can summon them. Some of them are really good – different wyverns giving awesome resistances and bonuses, king gryphon giving you flying and first strike, and my favorite, a Cockatrice Mount that will give you flying and “Doom Gaze”. For fighting heroes, there’s spider eggs that can give them wall climbing and Life Stealing.

Harleyquin14

I don’t know if this was new, but I found an egg. It didn’t say anything except it had 5 (or 8 can’t remember) turns left on it. I passed it over to my female heroine and forgot about it. 5 turns later it hatched into a ridable dragon creature for her to ride! That was a nice touch, reminded me of Game Of Thrones, I thought.

It isn’t. It was not as common before Golden Realms but sorcerors were the most likely to get mounts compared to the other classes.

Socratatus

ah ok. Still learning much about the game.

terrahero

Ziggurats usually give 1 mythical item and an epic/legendary. Sometimes even two mythical items, but sometimes only 1 item.
    Wizard Towers give 1 legendary/mythical, and a secret spell, along with some research points.

These are your best bets of getting mythical items as they have a very high chance of dropping. These are also the hardest treasure sites to clear.

What you could do, if you have the patience, is save-scum it. Basicly, you clear a Ziggurat (or Wizard tower) in tactical combat. But, not completely clear. Leave one enemy alive, and then retreat all your units so you lose the fight.

Now you can simply save the game (auto-save works fine too) and End Turn. Enter the treasure site again and only the one enemy you left alive should be there. Keep in mind that Phoenix have Resurgence, they will also respawn but at only 35% hp and they DO NOT regenerate on turn overs. Despite having Regeneration.

Now just clear with auto-resolve, which should be easy, and check your loot. If the loot is not to your satisfaction simply reload the Auto-save, which is automatically made at the end of the previous turn, and End Turn. Now, auto-resolve again.

Because of the turn over when you End Turn the loot is actually randomized again, if you were to do this without doing End Turn you would likely get the same loot. So ending your turn is important.

Just keep reloading->end turn->auto-resolve untill you get a reward that you find interesting. I assure you there are some truely awesome items that are incredibly rare but fun and powerful.

This does spoil it a little bit. Part of the fun is the random nature of your reward.
    And your heroes can become living Gods with some of these items, as some synergize incredibly well.

Gloweye

Lost Cities sometimes gives Mythical as well, but I haven’t really cleared enough to know for sure if they always do. Ziggurats used to most common of those IMO, but I think GR changed that a bit.

Bob5

Sunken Cities also sometimes give Mythical items. I got an Obsidian Black armor (or something like that) torso item that gives 60% Blight, Spirit, Shock, Frost, and Fire protection as well as +3 defence. One of the best mythical items I ever got.

GhengisFarb

I’m still wanting a Mythical frying pan.

Gloweye

Never seen that armor yet, but just has to be good with an Arch Druid…they’ll get 3 immunities that way.

@ghengisfarb

If you get a good enough idea for a Mythical frying pan, they might even put it in…

Bob5

I’ve got a screenshot here of the mythical obsidian armor

Attachments:

Steven Aus

Interesting name. It doesn’t have anything to do with Black Knight, does it? 😉

Usana

I don’t recall seeing this item before –

The sweet part is I got both that and the Armor of Sturdiness from the Lost city in Halfling 2.

I am certain this one is new though

Not sure I want. Half movement I could live with. No AoO, I could also live with. Retaliation I am not sure of though. Probably a solid archer build item though.

Gloweye

The accursed armor is changed, not new. The Regrowth used to be regeneration. However, GR made the Slow Drawback a much harsher penalty. It has a matching helmet giving some other penalty, which is now much more minor than this one is.

Also fun is that helmet that reduces vision range.

Usana

That is probably what confused me. I was thinking I would recall something that had such a severe drawback. But if the drawback wasn’t that serious before I may not have remembered the name.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.