Help! Hero Sets not found!

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Help! Hero Sets not found!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vfxrob 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

vfxrob

Hello! so ive been trying make a custom race using the dark elf template for the most part its going swell but my problem has occurred with leader customization, basically i can only get the insectoid warlord male leader to load in game, if i use any others it causes image1’s error. (see below)

I finally after 10 hours or so tracked it down the problem its because i need to load leader customization sets, it only has the make warlord leader in there so thats why he works. (image2)

But here is the wall i cant get around, i cant seem to add any others to this set, I have gone through and made all insectoid class and appropriate gender (image3) but it does not wish to show in the leader customization set!

Its killing me in what to do!

vfxrob

Dr_K

Ok, so there’s this trick. I got lucky and someone else (Aerlynn?) found it when they posted a class creation tutorial.

1. Set the new leader entries to be listed as Hero type.
    2. Add them to the customization set.
    3. Set the new leader entries back to Leader type.

I thought I posted about that bug/poorly designed window a while ago and got no response, but I might just be imagining that.

vfxrob

Is this what you mean Dr K? Still not getting anything showing up 🙁

vfxrob

Thankyou so much, i cant it! It works!!!! I tracked down the guide, that is some rodeo shit to figure that out

Dr_K

Is this what you mean Dr K? Still not getting anything showing up

Thankyou so much, i cant it! It works!!!! I tracked down the guide, that is some rodeo shit to figure that out

Yeah, it wasn’t that one, but you clearly found out which one it was. I forgot what the field is called and where exactly it is.

It’s quite a trial to get that sorted out. I have no idea how Aerlynn figured it out in the first place.

Edit: Removed giant-ass quoted frowny face.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  Dr_K.

vfxrob

I really appreciate the help! I was dead in the water on what to do.

other thing that must happen if making new units is the SetName has to be LEADER_HEROES had some like insect heroes and still wasn’t working. Its the little things!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.