Here is an idea. Taking Heroes prisoner instead of permadeath.

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Here is an idea. Taking Heroes prisoner instead of permadeath.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  EHThripshaw 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sifer2

Just an idea I had earlier I thought I would post an see people’s thoughts. Right now secondary heroes permanently die in battle. I don’t mind this other than how it cause instant loss in campaign. But it’s pretty harsh considering how valuable heroes can be.

So I was thinking. What if when a hero loses a fight you can choose to either kill them for 50 evil alignment. Or spare them an take them as a war prisoner for 50 good? They would be imprisoned in your throne city which if captured would free them. Alternatively you could ransom them off in Diplomacy menu. AI could do this as well which would give the player a chance to win back or buy back their lost heroes. In campaign AI would always take them prisoner so you don’t instantly fail the mission. Thoughts?

AverageBear

In random maps everyone can eventually research spell to resurrect their dead heroes (Avatar 4 level IIRC). Apparently there is no death for heroes and leaders!

CaptainChaos

and for Campaign play, it’s ridiculous to lose the whole scenario if your hero dies. That defeats the purpose of putting them on the front lines. How about just losing the hero for the scenario (being seriously wounded and carried off the battlefield by squires or apprentices?).

Sifer2

In random maps everyone can eventually research spell to resurrect their dead heroes (Avatar 4 level IIRC). Apparently there is no death for heroes and leaders!

Ah I see. Wasn’t aware of that. That’s kind of easy mode actually. I think this would have been a cooler way to do it but if they already have that spell I guess there isn’t much point.

Steven Aus

I agree, your entire empire evaporating and everyone dying just because one hero which has to stay alive for a future scenario biting the bullet. I would rather they just go out of action for the rest of the scenario – not getting any more XP or items is a big enough blow.

EHThripshaw

I suggested ransoming of settlers and heroes in my previous suggestion thread that got completely ignored lol

I think it is a great idea and could work well for a bit of a money boost in early to midgame.

Settlers should never be allowed in combat and only dependent upon the outcome. So if you beat the team with the settlers you can ransom them, kill them, or let them go.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.