High Elve Reanimator too cheap

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions High Elve Reanimator too cheap

This topic contains 16 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Gloweye 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

NuMetal

While reading a bit through the wiki I came across this: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Necromancer

The High Elve Reanimator is missing a price increase for getting Total Awareness.
    It definitely needs a price increase for this, I’d say +5gold, +5mana.

Unless ofcourse the Aiki is not up to date here and they actually already do cost more. I just can’t check right now and don’t want to forget to mention it.

Dr_K

Unless ofcourse the Aiki is not up to date here and they actually already do cost more. I just can’t check right now and don’t want to forget to mention it.

There is no price increase for the High Elf Reanimator listed in the ToW.

NuMetal

There is no price increase for the High Elf Reanimator listed in the ToW.

Thanks for checking for me!

In that case as I said I think they deserve a major price increase. Total Awareness greatly improves the survivability of a unit so +5+5 should be justified.

Narvek
    Keymaster

It has extra Blight Weakness to compensate.

thabob79

Maybe it’s because they are un-backstabable? or probably an error

Dr_K

On the topic of oddly priced racial variants, why does the Human Deathbringer cost 150g 30m instead of 25m when the only change is Blight -> Spirit?

Is there something I missed?

Gloweye

Reanimator isn’t really a unit that you’re going to want in melee anyway. That severely limits the use to Total Awareness.

llfoso

Total awareness is a fairly weak ability for any non-melee unit.

Also, why do Tigran shamans get total awareness? That’s an elf ability isn’t it?

Motasa

Also, why do Tigran shamans get total awareness? That’s an elf ability isn’t it?

Was wondering the same thing. The Were-Bear ability alone warrants their higher price more than enough.

madmac

<DIV class=d4p-bbt-quote-title>llfoso wrote:</DIV>
    <P>Also, why do Tigran shamans get total awareness? That’s an elf ability isn’t it?</P>

<P>Was wondering the same thing. The Were-Bear ability alone warrants their higher price more than enough.</P>

They don’t. That’s either an error with the wiki, or a bug.

Gloweye

Dunno how it got there…maybe someone forgot to change an ability name.

Tibbles

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Motasa wrote:</div>

<DIV class=d4p-bbt-quote-title>llfoso wrote:</DIV><br>
    <P>Also, why do Tigran shamans get total awareness? That’s an elf ability isn’t it?</P>

<P>Was wondering the same thing. The Were-Bear ability alone warrants their higher price more than enough.</P>

They don’t. That’s either an error with the wiki, or a bug.

Yeah error on the wiki, they don’t have it in game

Bob5

I must’ve missed that one when I updated Shaman earlier today on the wiki, I fixed it now.

Weltenreiter

On the topic of oddly priced racial variants, why does the Human Deathbringer cost 150g 30m instead of 25m when the only change is Blight -> Spirit?

They also get Spirit Breaking instead of Fatigue and Mind Rot at Veteran Medal. Reduces its tankiness a little bit and doesn’t help land the ghoul curse either, but helps wrecking face better once it has exploit despair.

Fenraellis

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dr_K wrote:</div>

They also get Spirit Breaking instead of Fatigue and Mind Rot at Veteran Medal. Reduces its tankiness a little bit and doesn’t help land the ghoul curse either, but helps wrecking face better once it has exploit despair.

Also, a normal Death Bringer can(non-class buffs aside) only deal Spirit damage while utilizing Exploit Despair, and even then only at Elite rank. All Reanimators are able to benefit from Power Ritual to add +2/+2 Physical/Blight Melee strength to their attacks. The latter means that Human Reanimators can still easily deal triple-channel damage without requiring any ranks or non-class supplements.

Spirit Breaking also means that all of their elemental damage channels(Blight/Spirit/Frost… Shock? Fire?) will deal enhanced damage, and applies a direct -600 Morale to the target, making Exploit despair more accessible. Not to mention enhancing the damage of other units in your army.

NuMetal

It has extra Blight Weakness to compensate.

Oh ok, I didn’t see that.

Total awareness is a fairly weak ability for any non-melee unit.

I would disagree. The AI does very well with flanking and especially with troops like the sprinting Scoundrels roaming the maps it really does increase the survivability by a lot.
    But not only in those cases. If you are fighting anything flying or phasing Total Awareness is what’ll keep the Reanimator alive. It makes the difference between seriously wounded and dead.

Gloweye

You don’t need exploit despair to wreck face with Spirit Breaking, though it does help a lot. Having 3 damage channels of which 2 are affected by the resistance loss is pretty good in itself(assuming you got Power Ritual for blight damage)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.