Im gonna make one

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Im gonna make one

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  catsnffer 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jakjak

Im really computer illiterate so words like 3 to the left on the screen that first pops up when you open the editer or the shiny button after you click the second tab or any other for dummies way of phrasing things would be really helpful. thus far I have 3 questions 1 how do you customize leaders? 2 I figured out a roundabout way to make heros but how do I assign them as next hero to join? for instance I can place a hero on the map but when the next round of heros randomly shows up around turn 10 how do I link them to their respective leader? and lastly 3 when I am finally done how do I upload the map to the steam workshop for feedback?

Charlatan

Heya,

1 How do you customize leaders

You already know the Heroes tab, it seems? – Leaders are also customized in there. You create a hero, then you can link it to a Leader. On the top right under “Objects” and “Leaders” you have a gray box with a list of the players. Select the one you want, and go to “Lord Library” – the button is just under the box.

The next (self explanatory) window has an option at the top “Hero Link”. Here, you can link your Leader to a Hero you created.

If you link a Hero like that, you shouldn’t place it in the world separately. The marker you set when placing a leader is fine.

2 2 I figured out a roundabout way to make heros but how do I assign them as next hero to join?

I can tell you how to script the apparel of a hero by scripts, but I have no idea if/how you can set them to show up as random heroes to offer joining you like in RMG / multiplayer.

If you’re fine with substitutes, there are other ways. It is possible to emulate the random joining via a bunch of scripts, or make the hero a “refugee” group that asks to join you or others when engaged.

3 when I am finally done how do I upload the map to the steam workshop for feedback?

That’s much easier than it sounds (really). It is literally the first part of this (About making a Package)

http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/tutorial-campaign-editor-tool/

In the menu bar you go to Tools => Package Manager
    then File => New
    Give it a Name
    Save it.
    Go to Open Folder to the lower left beside Refresh.
    This will open the package, it has an own “Maps” folder you can put your map in.
    If it is one regular map, click Scenario
    Enter Name / Description etc.
    Set an Image to the right – this Image will display on the Steam Workshop
    Save and go to Steam – Upload to Workshop

jakjak

Hey thanks for the help in regards to question 2 would it be relatively easy to do equally for all eight players? its a little tricky for balance to have it be exploration dependant and I dont want someone to swoop in and nab someone elses hero and no idea how it would work with AI

jakjak

As far as leaders he doesn’t show up in the leader library drop down menu though I linked him to a hero picked his specializations ect is there a different box to click? and there isnt a way to access ones ive already made in game right?

Charlatan

Hm. I think you can just clone the same hero over… not entirely sure how a certain tactical combat issue from earlier stands today. Should work I think.

As for showing up:

When you select a leader, the button above says “Title Campaign Resource Leaders” or something like that. Thats the category. You can set it to “<none>” that should show only the leaders you made in the Lord Library.

Unfortunately ingame leaders are still separate yeah, would be awesome to just be able to export those.

catsnffer

Really digging into the past now, but ‘If you’re fine with substitutes, there are other ways. It is possible to emulate the random joining via a bunch of scripts, or make the hero a “refugee” group that asks to join you or others when engaged.’

How to do, buddy? Thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.