Independents not capturing player cities

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Independents not capturing player cities

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Wallthing 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Wallthing

I’m hesitating to report this as a bug because I understand that at some point this is intended behavior, but I might post a report after I hear from others. Here’s how it goes:

In a recent game with Lord AI settings after turn 40 or so I’ve taken several cities that I did not have the spare numbers to garrison. (I probably should’ve released the good ones as vassals and plundered the ones that were next to just one resource site, but oh well – try to remember that next time.) I watched a Death Bringer + 5 lost soul stack wander around in the domain of an un-garrisoned city for many turns before I could spare an army to kill them off. The stack managed to stomp a builder I let get too near and stayed in the general area but would not take the city.

At the same time, independent roamers would take (undefended?) independent cities and the cities of AI opponents. I’d previously scouted the two cities where each of these happened and later saw the roamer stacks in control. Also, in the March of the Troll King event, the trolls *would* attack garrisoned cities, though at the time I don’t think I had any undefended cities left.

So independent roamers seem to do what they’re supposed to… against the AI and maybe when they are event-spawned.

What are you seeing as far as this goes? Let’s stick to post-1.52 games since I don’t know that this was happening before.

Narvek
    Keymaster

Hi Wallthing,

We fixed it in Patch v1.603 – Beta, see this post: http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/update-v1-6-patch-notes-updated-1562015/#post-211692

Wallthing

Hi Wallthing,

We fixed it in Patch v1.603 – Beta, see this post: http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/update-v1-6-patch-notes-updated-1562015/#post-211692

Ah, thank you, I missed that update! The beta patch is moving faster than I’ve been keeping up with it. XD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.