Introductions Thread

Weโ€™ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Off Topic/General Discussion Introductions Thread

This topic contains 36 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  UNOwen 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Edi

I figured we might as well have an introductions thread here.

Hi everybody, especially Lennart and all the others who were already in with the first AoW game. ๐Ÿ™‚

My name is Edi and I’m from Finland. It’s been a long time since I was last very active in the AoW community, though for a long time it was my absolute favorite turn based strategy game (and AoW1 still is right up there in my top two, the other being Dominions). I think the only official AoW forum I’ve never been a member of was the ancient Epic Megaboard way back in early 1999ย  and any predecessors that might have had.

Time to become a lot more active again. Good to see you guys get back to AoW after such a long wait!

Blackmane

Why hello there! *shakes some dust off his cloak, pulling it off on a quick motion*

It seems the years have passed us by, but old names and old faces are set to return. *tips a hat to Edi*

Some might remember me, I used to be most active with AOW 1, hanging out on the BB’s there right up to the Lifeline and AOWHeaven (I was even a mod! Imagine that. Can one believe I was only a stripling of some seventeen or so summers of that time?)

AOW was my first “real” RTS that I truly understood and played actively, regularly, and with a passion. It was the first game I felt excited enough to post on its forums. It was the first game where I cut my teeth writing poetry, short fics and drabbles, and began a lifelong journey with friends such as dear Edi above.

Let us drink to a happy game, and to Lennart and all! Give us a nod to RayB please? *grins*

Barkeep! Where’s the ale already! A man can’t be undead and not still drink can he?

P.S. FOR THE CAUSE! *plants banner* ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edi

Long time no see, Blackmane. ๐Ÿ˜€

*stabs him in the back*

That’s for calling AoW an RTS! It is TBS! TBS, I tell you, Turn Based Strategy!

I wonder who else we’re going to see here before long. Would be great to have the old crowd back together again. I need to send Caber a heads up email…

Hi I’m Richard Blackrose/Devyn Harper/Bard Taliesin/etc. ย  Oh, don’t worry Blackmane, I sent Caber, Beth, Chris and JD the announcement via FB.

ggW

Hey guys im giggi long time fan of the saga.
    I’ve probably spent countless nights with some of you playing for hours through gamespy(i dont even remember my nickname back then), just to see that goblin guy come out of a cave with 7 kharags and kick everyones asses.
    Altho i was mostly lurking the forums,ย  kept playing this game in sp throughout the years, never able to find a good enough substitute.
    Because of that AoW has been my favourite TBS all these years and needless to say, I’m thrilled right now. I’ll make it my duty to spread the word!
    Cheers.

Hi I’m Christopher I was mostly active with the original game in the guild forum and the star lance league, were I was an admin and clan leader of the crimson halls. I don’t play too many games any more I have 3 girls now 5, 3, 1. And am a retail store manager so I don’t know what free time is anymore but AoW always finds a way.

Hello, I’m Karin, or more commonly online, Nikita. I used to lurk around the old boards (mainly aowhaven) but never posted much so I doubt anyone recognizes me. I also made a couple of maps for AoW1 (I still got a few spanned over floppy disks… but no computers with floppy drives anymore…) but overall I was fairly quiet. But I figured I’d say hello.

unicorn77

Hello!

Some names I recognise – nice to see you all again.

I played AoW1 and SM to excess. Never got that good at it though. I have plenty of time on my hands these days so am looking forward to filling some of it with the new game!

Merkraad

Hi everyone, I’m Merkraad from Brasil. I played all the AoW games a lot, specially online multiplayer, including tourneys and ladders. I wrote a bigger post about me and AoW on this thread (thought it was too big for here :S) http://www.ageofwonders.com/topic/thank-you-triumph-studios/.

Lennart Sas
    Keymaster

Great to see so many old names!

Should see more devs you might remember from the old days popping on too soon. Everybody is still reeling from the announce preparations and milestone workย  ๐Ÿ™‚

Edi

Thanks for the welcome! ๐Ÿ˜€

I’ve already spotted RayB around and Arno was active at AoW Heaven, so no doubt. I can imagine you guys had your hands full with the announcement and preparing for the swarm of frenzied fans. I have an inkling of how you feel, given what my schedule looked like back in December (Dominions 3 relaunch on Desura, I’m the community admin for that). And this thing is relatively aย  lot bigger than that, so just that much more work involved.

Hopefully you guys get enough sleep! ๐Ÿ˜€

TheDio

Hey guys i am TheDio. Never was active online AOW community, i mainly played by myself or friends. Also a big homm3 fan ๐Ÿ˜€ Nice to meet all you, great veterans ๐Ÿ˜€

Manveru

Hey, I’m Michel. I was mostly lurking on the heavengames forums, but I’m active on the small AOW steam community. I’ve mostly played alone or with friends though ๐Ÿ™‚

Blackmane

Where’s RayB? Zomgz! Is he writing again? PLEASE tell me he’s writing the guide too! I loved how so much lore was stuffed into it. They don’t make guide books like that anymore ๐Ÿ™

I think I remember Unicorn777 as well! Welcome back!

Also, *urk at Edi* Just kiddin’. Undead. Knives. Pfft.

*hangs on to the flag though, just in case* ๐Ÿ˜›

unicorn77

Thanks for the welcome, BM. I did post quite a bit in the AoW discussion threads and also played quite a few pbem games. I’m sure we passed in the night on one or two, where you no doubt gave me a drubbing. (Most people did!!)

leomund

Hi all, I have played AOW since the first game game out, but never played MP or was on the forums. ย I ย got into playing fantasy TBS games online/MP with Dominions 3 – my name on the shrapnel forums was doncorazon. ย Somehow I couldn’t register here under that so went with my old wizard name of Leomund. I have a 3 year old daughter and another on the way so like Christopher Vessell, have hardly any time but will manage to sacrifice some precious sleep to squeeze in AOW – hopefully MP with this go around.

SojaBird

Hello people ๐Ÿ™‚

So I haven’t been in the old AOW community but have played I think AOW:SW hot seat a friends place.
    Oh I also played it at my first day at work about a year ago to get the feel for the new game.

Once the game is out I’ll try to play a match ever week, just because the game was so much fun and looks great, even now it’s improved after some time!

I hope to get involved in the community and perhaps be of any use in the modding scรฉne later as well.
    We’ll see! ๐Ÿ™‚

@leomund I’ll love to play some games via email with you, don’t got a lot of time either but do want to play a lot! ๐Ÿ˜€

Edi

Small world! Hi doncorazon, we seem to be running into each other all the time these days even if you’re not active on the Dominions scene annymore. ๐Ÿ™‚

leomund

@ Edi: Hello! Glad to see you are still a stalwart pillar of the Dom 3 community – it certainly has been through a lot of trauma over the years. ย I still think fondly of Dom 3, many of the players, and what felt like a golden era with games like Kingmaker!

@sojabird: Absolutely! ย I hope to find some players for MP who can sympathize with those of us with limited time ย ๐Ÿ™‚

Blackmane

unicorn: Ironically prob not ๐Ÿ˜› I was a failure of epic proportions in pbem ๐Ÿ˜› I spent most of my time trying to beat Bluecollarheaven and other’s SP maps ๐Ÿ˜›

unicorn77

BM – in that case, I look forward to a pbem with you when the new game is out ๐Ÿ™‚

Symphonic

Hi, I’m Martin from Austria. Have to admit I never played the original game but I was totally in love with both AoW2 and AoW:SM ever since. And I hope there will be such an active modding community once again, it’s the main point why this game survived over such a long time in so many hearts.

Roadamer

Ah! the old names, Roadamer here, I go by Accusync on the aow heaven site, was a joint account with my dad. My dad is still using that account to post on there nowadays I believe on the roleplaying creative writing section, not sure haven’t checked that site or used that old username in awhile. Ive decided to use Roadamer here since thats my persona for the L.E.D. clan on aowheaven. And if Shadowkin doesn’t show up I may have to revive it.

Hi, i’m new! TheEvilGardener it’s the nick i usually use, but i played Age Of Wonders mostly offline, so i’m new in the comunity.

I’m italian and i obviously love this brand. I’m happy to see that there are so many people still playing it and that consider it spacial, and that like me considere the atmosphere of the first chapter unique, even if WT and SM had a lot of more features and better graphic (i like them too, however). i discovered casualy that there will be a new chapter, i really didn’t dare to hope it, and i’m obviously glad of it.

The Cause?

Pfft……

Didn’t we smash them up already? Oh well, just have to do it again (it never gets old).

zealot83

Hi I’m Zealot83 I’ve played most of the age of wonders and love them.Just wanted to say hello and ready to do my part to help.

Caber

Hey! Thanks To Edi I can now post.

Lot of familiar names here.

Hello to everybody and the devs, Aiya! Hail the DEVS!

My name is Daniil K. and i am from Russia – actually i live right in the heart of the country – South Siberia.

Perharps this land – immens forests with mountains nearby and great rives made me ready to fall in love with AOW

– i started with AOW2 passing down to all main games.

The unique strategic style and the great art of the landscape and the whole game mood made it for me very special.

Well, i didn’t toyed so much with the scirmish maps, but the main campainย … THAT WAS SUCH A WONDERFUL STORY !!!

really, the narration and the plot. At that times i remember they were almost real, hehe. too much gaming i guess by now

Still, i was following, waiting and hoping and voila! Age of Wonder 3 i going to rock again the gloomy fantasy stategic games landscape of our days!

Again, my best regards to the DEVS and the whole community

Brazokie

Hello all. I’ve played all the Age of Wonders games and just this month had decided to play through all the campaigns again. So one night while ready to shut down the game and go to sleep I scroll through the charming “dragon menu” from AoW1 and see the website link and decide to click. I was just amazed to see “Age of Wonders III” on my screen instead ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve never been a part of the player community in multiplayer, but I’d like to thank all the members of the “Heaven” websites that have helped me with gameplay tips.

Ghaleon

Hey guys, this is my 2nd post here and I just recently found out AoW3 was coming to town a couple days ago. I nearly fell off my chair, I thought this franchise was over with. AoW is quite possibly one of my fave series so far, I love turn based strategy games to bits, and AoW had a really unique balance of strategy, empire management, and rpg elements that I adore. I never actually DISCOVERED AoW until 2 was already near release. But I became a fan really quick, though I’m not so sure I liked the whole shadow land thing added in SM, and I kinda miss the up to 3 “floor”s in a map in the first game (shadow world doesn’t count due to its unique mechanics and super speed, etc).

I’d like to see AoW3 promotes more modding potential, and not just cosmetics and map topography, but maybe even unit stats, spell stats, research trees, etc. Based on how the former games are I’m sure I’ll enjoy it without regardless though, but a man can wish!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.