Is It Me?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lascha 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

BlueGoop

So, I’m able to launch the game, and at least go into a combat encounter.

However, I’m only getting an abysmal 5 frames per second. I’ve watched for but not seen any posts describing the same problem. I’m willing to entertain the idea that the problem is me.

I have Fedora 20, xfce, and the catalyst drivers installed. My video card is an AMD Radeon 5570.

Both Civ 5 and Xcom work but at slightly less quality than if I boot windows and run them. Minecraft runs at acceptable framerates as well and even is comparable with a windows’ run. Is this a good indication that the problem isn’t on my end?

Is there something I can fiddle with? Is this a known problem?

Lascha

Your graphics card is pretty much at our low-spec limit. So I do expect it to be a bit slow. You could try to use mesa drivers, from what I’ve heard they’re faster than the catalyst drivers.

We’re also looking into performance improvements but I can’t promise anything on this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.