Is there any clean fast way to get back to Neutral Aligment? I have grey guard-

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Is there any clean fast way to get back to Neutral Aligment? I have grey guard-

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  llfoso 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

notme

-adept.

Also I have destruction and wild magic adept.
    While having Scorched Earth spell for evil is clean – no racial permanent unhappiness – it is too slow to push me back from Good alignment.
    Now I have like 600 evil points, but still I’m Pure Good from making peace and vassaling Indepedants.

NINJEW

you could declare war on those indies

maintaining neutral is fairly difficult, this is intentional. if you wanted to be neutral you shouldn’t have vassaled every indie you ran into.

Ericridge

Make peace treaties, found new cities and make them vassals.

You could also attack independent sites and let the defenders flee.

Gloweye

Neutral is the hardest alignment to maintain, but grey guard is perhaps the strongest spec.

You should declare some more wars.

Zakharov

Migrating cities is a good way to drop alignment if you have some cities of races you don’t care about. Declaring war on independents is also good.

notme

Well declaring wars damages relations with that race. Oh well my economy grow up so I can cast scorching earth twice per turn – so it eventually pushed me into neutral.

Gloweye

Well declaring wars damages relations with that race. Oh well my economy grow up so I can cast scorching earth twice per turn – so it eventually pushed me into neutral.

It’s not that bad – you can for example select a few races you want in your empire, and migrate the rest. Relations aren’t that important.

Alternatively, it’s generally possible to stay neutral if you always chase site guards, and declare war on players, even maintaining quite some vassals.

NINJEW

Well declaring wars damages relations with that race.

such is the pain of grey guard and shadowborn. you can’t please every race bro, choose one or two master races and burn the rest

notme

Well declaring wars damages relations with that race.

such is the pain of grey guard and shadowborn. you can’t please every race bro, choose one or two master races and burn the rest

….unless you spam destruction adept spells.

Gloweye

Whenever I play Grey Guard (pretty rare, I admit), killing all guards and declaring war on some cities generally works.

Also, those destruction skills don’t last in their effect – they decay over time.(last time i checked at least…it could have been changed.)

NINJEW

well, how well did that work out for you?

Crivvens

“Hello my fellow neutral! How did you enforce neutrality today?”
    “I genocides the halflings. But only the halflings.”
    “Nice. I murdered fleeing peasants and filled my cities with nukes.”

I guess I’m saying that Switzerland is way more hardcore than I thought.

notme

These spells, that give you negative alignment permanently lower it.

At first slow. But as my vassalage-based empire grew I could cast it twice per round – so I could get 50 evil points every turn. Blight Empire is best spell – least mana usage.
    When I eventually reached neutrality I had like 1300 evil points and similar amount (slightly higher) of good points.

“Hello my fellow neutral! How did you enforce neutrality today?”
    “I genocides the halflings. But only the halflings.”
    “Nice. I murdered fleeing peasants and filled my cities with nukes.”

I guess I’m saying that Switzerland is way more hardcore than I thought.

*you noob, you could cast blight empire spell*
    lol

So there is no such thing as clean fast way to back to neutral from good – either expand slowly and cast blight empire every turn, or reduce racial happiness.

Crivvens

Reducing racial happiness is the clean fast way. Who cares if a bunch of dead elves hate you?

notme

Reducing racial happiness is the clean fast way. Who cares if a bunch of dead elves hate you?

But I don’t want to play like Hitler lol
    I like everyone XD

Gloweye

I like everyone XD

Then go play peacekeeper. They got free hugs over there.

NINJEW

shadowborn is for playing like hitler. grey guard is for balancing being hitler and not being hitler. keeper of the peace is for not being hitler even slightly. not choosing an alignment spec is for winging how like hitler you wanna be in the moment.

notme

I like everyone XD

Then go play peacekeeper. They got free hugs over there.

Rogue Keeper Master Partisan is best for getting heavily discounted hugs 😀
    It has just so many modifiers for independents.
    And if you have alignment in thousands of points id doesn’t matter if you declare war on players.

shadowborn is for playing like hitler. grey guard is for balancing being hitler and not being hitler. keeper of the peace is for not being hitler even slightly. not choosing an alignment spec is for winging how like hitler you wanna be in the moment.

I can choose to not be like hitler with grey guard, if I have destruction adept :p
    Same for shadowborn, but I bet expansion is slowed even more if not playing as hitler and having destruction mastery.
    So basically being hitler just speeds it up.

NINJEW

it is incredibly unoptimal but yes in theory it is possible, much like playing sorcerer without using supports or summons is possible

the entire point of the morality mechanic is the dichotomy between burning down cities and not burning down cities. everything else is small additions to support that major mechanic

racial governance exists as a way of making the decision more interesting because otherwise you will almost always burn down your enemy’s entire empire

llfoso

I tend to stay neutral kind of naturally…

“We will sign a peace treaty for 80 gold, and later become vassals for 190 gold after you wait a few turns, and later join your empire for another 200 after you wait another few turns. Also, we only have a couple T1 guards and no walls.”
    “Mmm, I think you will join my empire now.”

“We’ll join your empire. You are a kind and just leader. Also, we are orcs and have a focus chamber in our territory”
    “Now that I think about it, it would be better if you were all elves. Yup, you’re elves now.”

llfoso

To add to that, I think the proper way to play neutral without being Stupid Neutral is hinted by the Voluntary Union upgrade – conquer and absorb. You don’t have to be even a little bit hitlery.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.