Issue with the RMG: Underground doesn't follow general setting

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Issue with the RMG: Underground doesn't follow general setting

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Wallthing 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jolly Joker

No idea in which forum to put this.

Anyway, the issue is, that with Random Map generation the Underground doesn’t follow the general setting Land – Continents – Islands.
    That doesn’t matter much when playing a Land map, but with Continents and Islands it does have an effect insofar that an UG start will become quite advantageous, because the UG is a connected land mass.

This is probably asking a lot – but wouldn’t it be better if you could simply select a separate setting here for the UG, or when th UG would simply follow the Surface setting and create continents and Islands as well? With the UG there is also the advantage that you can create islands and continents by using two different fluids…

Wallthing

I’ve noticed this too and I have to agree that it makes continents or islands less fun.

Enemy AI also doesn’t seem to always take advantage of the underground very well – having no contact with indies even underneath their starting area.

Another thing I’ve wondered about – do event-spawned monsters deliberately not spawn near underground cities? They usually take a few turns to show up at underground cities – if they ever do.

Ericridge

Another thing I’ve wondered about – do event-spawned monsters deliberately not spawn near underground cities? They usually take a few turns to show up at underground cities – if they ever do.

Probably because there is no underground specific event yet. All of events is for above ground.

Fluks

+1 for jj’s setting proposal and also +1 for erics underground specific events (if that was actually meant as proposal). But to be fair I must say i’m quite pleased how the underground turns out now, its actually useful, one or two patches ago it was a rather unpleasant place…

ExNihil

+1

Wallthing

Probably because there is no underground specific event yet. All of events is for above ground.

Yes – but is there a good reason that event-spawned monsters are limited to appearing above ground? I don’t think so. I suspect the reason for this limitation is that there was originally no need to think about the underground as an environment equal to the surface. A reason that no longer applies.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.