Just downloaded a custom campaign

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Just downloaded a custom campaign

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Charlatan 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

kicknock

How do I access this custom map in game?

Arlow

start a new scenario and you’ll be able to pick user content or custom maps, can’t remember what it’s called but you’ll find it searching tabs off of the available scenarios

Low_K

You need to tick the box in the launcher’s tab “user Content” to enable it. Then use Arlow’s steps to use it ingame.

Kind regards,

Low

kicknock

Sorry, before that, I would need to move the map into Steam somewhere right? Which folder do I move it to?

Low_K

If you “subscribe” to the map; Steam will automatically download and save it for you and it will appear in the “User Content” tab in the launcher. Just tick that box and select the map ingame.

No need for dragging files around 🙂

Kind regards,

Low

Zorn

I noticed that if you have activated the current Beta, the steam auto download as described by Low_K is not working. You have to deselect the beta, then download the scenario (start the game to do so), then join the beta again.
    If you downloaded the scenarion from somewhere else, the path to put the file in is “C:\Users\*\Documents\My Games\AoW3\Maps”

Where * is your user name on your PC.

Charlatan

If its actually a campaign and not a scenario use the “User Content” folder just beside the map folder instead.

In the user content folder, each package needs their own folder too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.