Lava flow

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Centurin 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

paperhero

I am playing on a random map. There is a long lava flow behind me that starts on the bottom of the map goes north and then east (I am on the western side of the map) all the way across the map with no bridges, How can I get a settler across it to start a new settlement?
    There are no random towns. All computer players are in the east.

SiaFu

Is there no subterranean level with an exit on the other side?

The only way to build lava bridges I know of is to get Lardo the Builder. Get him a flying mount, Floating sandals or lava walking (Azrac Bracelet) so he can build road/bridges over lava, as he’s the only hero with that ability and you can’t get lava walking/floating/flying on settlers.

Alternatively, capture a city on the other side and build a settler there.

LordCameron

Alternatively, capture a city on the other side and build a settler there.

If your sorcerer you could even make it your throne and teleport the builder in this case.

That lardo the builder thing sounds cool, I had no clue that was possible.

The only way to build lava bridges I know of is to get Lardo the Builder. Get him a flying mount, Floating sandals or lava walking (Azrac Bracelet) so he can build road/bridges over lava, as he’s the only hero with that ability and you can’t get lava walking/floating/flying on settlers.

Is he a modded hero? Never ever encountered him.

Another way to build the Bridge should be “The Wild Hunt” if you are an archdruid. As all your units gain floating, including labourers, your builder should be able to pass over lava.
    I have never tried it myself, yet I heard that there is no animation for “lavabridge” so that the hex with the bridge is transformed to water by this. But as I said never tried it myself.

Outis

@Seamus

Lardo the Builder is a Halfling Dreadnought Hero. He is not a modded hero.

@Seamus

Lardo the Builder is a Halfling Dreadnought Hero. He is not a modded hero.

ah thanks! As I play mostly goblin/dwarf/frostling with racial heros on i haven’t encountered him yet. Sounds like I will go for a nice halfling game soon. Builder hero sounds cool.

paperhero

The problem is even worse than I thought. First is that I am playing only underground with no independent citys and very large map. I was playing Dreadnought-Dwarf so few flyers. Only 3 of the 8 seals were accessible to my non flying troops. I had to give up because I didn’t think I could win (I was playing alone against 5 allied computer players.

I like the idea of playing against a massive onslaught of enemy troops that I can channel to various kill zones, and the ability to protect watchtowers via long tunnels, but the problem of playing with only underground is that long strips of lava flows with no bridges makes this very difficult. What happened to the bridges over lava flows with the earlier versions?

I very much dislike lava flows with no bridges. I think you should control the amount of lave flows with a slider like all the other terrain.

This happens very infrequently, and only on larger maps. Most maps have bridges somewhere.

Centurin

This used to happen to me all the time. I got so frustrated with it that I started making my own maps.

You can build bridges over lava but you need to give the builder lava walking, flying, or floating in order to do it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.