[Linux, all betas up to 15513] Crash when starting battles

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Linux Specific [Linux, all betas up to 15513] Crash when starting battles

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lascha 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ephafn

I’m having crashes when starting battles. The crash is somewhat rare, at least less than once per hour. I have been having that problem since the first public beta, so since I didn’t saw anyone else mention it, I decided I should as well do so. The crashes cannot be reproduced by reloading the autosave and redoing the same battle (in that case it works fine).

In case it matters, I’m using Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS, but more importantly, I have to run AoW3 through primusrun since I have a dual GPU, so that may be linked to the problem.

The attached logs were me playing in debug mode, but I have been having the same problem in normal mode too.

2McCoy7

Link To My CTD

^^I reported this as well (accidentally in the wrong spot). I’m Glad I’m not the only one. It doesn’t just happen to me loading battles however it’s definitely the same issue.

As it states at the end of your logfile “Out of Memory”. This is why you can reload the last save and keep playing until it crashes again.

Hopefully they can find the issue…

2McCoy7

This post was an accident

ephafn

Good to know I’m not the only one with that issue. Do you also have a dual GPU?

As for the memory, I opened the System Monitor last time I played, and the memory use was pretty much a flat line, even up to the crash. So that’s strange.

2McCoy7

Nope I only have a single GPU.
      If you read my link I reported exactly the same as you. No spikes in memory. In the devs last post he said he suspects it might be a memory leak. He also has similar reports in the windows version. Hopefully they are linked and can both be fixed.

Lascha

According to the log it’s because of out of memory. AoW3 is a 32-bit process so it has a memory limit of 4GB. But according to the task manager it will be less when it crashes because of memory fragmentation by the OS. Though it still shouldn’t happen so it’s a bug but it’s really hard for us to track this. For now what can help is to reduce texture quality.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.