[Linux/Mac] No GOG support

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions [Linux/Mac] No GOG support

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 64 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Sorax 6 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author

oh and ignoring the facts doesn’t give you any credibility kid.

could you provide us with an financial attractive counter reason why they should create a specific GOG Linux version and we might take you serious 🙂

oh and jake is important so jake need his Linux GOG version doesn’t suffice in this conversation.

jake21

That is not relevant. I still don’t understand why you keep bring up irrelevant information ?

DesmondvanG

@jake21: Stop bothering. This is classic trolling.

I have no idea why a lot steam fanboys think this thread is about a problem with steam.

This was a communications issue by Triumph in the beginning. The never stated clearly that the GoG Version will have no Linux Support. They still have not corrected that issue. The Eternal Lords Trailer suggests that there is Linux support for GoG.

The Defs wrote that the problem lies with the linux libraries provided by steam, they supposedly can not copy them for the gog version.

The interesting new fact is, that the license for these libraries does allow distribution outside of steam. Therefore their argument doesn’t hold any longer.

If they are aware of the fact, they simply should state that the don’t want to take the extra effort to get a Linux version for GoG users. And their advertisement right now is simply misleading. Which is bad communications, in Germany it is even a minor crime (“Gesetz gegen den unlauteren Wettbewerb”).

Back when i bought Golden Relams they said that a Linux Version is coming. But the never told that it only will be available for Steam. Even though they knew at that point. And know there excuse regarding the libraries is also void.

Overall this is bad communication. It has nothing to do with steam as a service. They are even the good guys by providing the library package.

That is not relevant. I still don’t understand why you keep bring up irrelevant information ?

I am in an extremly bad mood so i keep it short.

Triumph = company
    Company wants money
    Windows + steam = many users many money
    Linux + steam = not as many users but still good money
    Windows + gog = not as many users but money and a bit of costumers happy
    Linux + gog = very few users so bad money and nobody but 2 cares

I have no idea why a lot steam fanboys think this thread is about a problem with steam.

This was a communications issue by Triumph in the beginning. The never stated clearly that the GoG Version will have no Linux Support. They still have not corrected that issue. The Eternal Lords Trailer suggests that there is Linux support for GoG.

The Defs wrote that the problem lies with the linux libraries provided by steam, they supposedly can not copy them for the gog version.

The interesting new fact is, that the license for these libraries does allow distribution outside of steam. Therefore their argument doesn’t hold any longer.

If they are aware of the fact, they simply should state that the don’t want to take the extra effort to get a Linux version for GoG users. And their advertisement right now is simply misleading. Which is bad communications, in Germany it is even a minor crime (“Gesetz gegen den unlauteren Wettbewerb”).

Back when i bought Golden Relams they said that a Linux Version is coming. But the never told that it only will be available for Steam. Even though they knew at that point. And know there excuse regarding the libraries is also void.

Overall this is bad communication. It has nothing to do with steam as a service. They are even the good guys by providing the library package.

Well if triumph is as bad as you say then dont buy their games, then ill buy it twice so they dont have to deal with winey fucks like you

If anyone is trolling then its you for pushing unreasonable demands

Sorax
    Keymaster

Gents,

Kindly asking you to keep it polite. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.