List of current Map Projects

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making List of current Map Projects

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Artfactial 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Thariorn

As requested by some Users (myslef kinda inlcuded,lol), here’s a list of the current (un)finished Maps created by the Community.

As a sorta pre-lude to the upcoming Mod-tools, here’s the link to the [Url=X]List of cuurent mod projects[/url]

So,without further ado, here’s a list of Custom Scenarios in this Subforum:

Antiscamp’s Fairy Tale Europe
    jpinard’s Racial Affinity (V 10) (Link currently broken)
    Arcymag’s Scourge of the Sea
    Kinsguard’s Warhammer epic World
    11balanced11’s Ancient Europe
    max.magician’s /M.UI.E’s Rise of the Dragons
    Age of Misery
    Fairy Tale & Winter is Coming!
    Artfactial’s Elfenland: Land of the White Winds (No version released yet)
    Stupendous_Man’s
    Illuria
    Thariorn’s
    First Conflict REDUX
    Volcanic Wastelands

And here’s one for the Custom Campaigns:

Kranford’s The Cursed Valley
    Charlatan’s Psycho Path Thread; Website

Not a campaign-file, but still designed as one.

Urizen’s Whispers of Heresy, Chapter 1

Special mentions

I’ll try to keep this updated, but feel free to comment on this thread to remind me
    Keep in mind this is all but a list with links to the respective threads, so don’T start discussions abour whether Map A & B is the better one,k?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Charlatan

Thanks in advance? We are the ones who should say thanks, this is really nice! I missed a lot of those maps when browsing the forum, glad to see there ARE some projects after all D:

As for updates, I’ve moved my campaign info to a small animated web-page instead, tho some parts are still unfinished: http://www.psychopath.charlatan.at/

That way people can check out what they find interesting, instead of having to deal with walls of text in the topic here.

Thariorn

Thanks in advance?

Well, I just don’t want this thread to derail into some-sort of discussion about personal taste concerning maps~

Btw.,I’ve updated your Entry.

Out of curiosity, should I include the Maps available in the Steamworkshop? Thing with those is, unless ‘installed’ by the Mapper, non-Steam Users won’t be able to access those~

Kranford

I think I should say thanks as well. It helps to have an index of stuff that’s currently in the works.

Narvek
    Keymaster

Thank you Thariorn! 🙂

Charlatan

“Mexican Standoff”
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=394945931

Was bored and made this silly little 1vs1vs1 Seals of Power map, intended for human players.

Hm… for non-steam users I think I could upload it on my own webspace, or see if AOW Heaven is up already.

Thariorn

@narvek nah, thanks for the Sticky 😀

TriumphOfMan
    Blocked

Thariorn

Thanks for the HEads-Up TriumphOfMan, hopefully jpinard updates his Link :S

Kubera

Thariorn, thank.

Narvek, whether such maps added to the game? Simply the best maps, or holding a special competition (after the release of the current DLC)

max.magician

Age of Misery by M.Ul.E

Thariorn

Ok, I’ve updated the List in the OP.

@max.magician
    Are you guys (M.UI.E) working on set/your own projects together via Teamviewer etc. or how do you do that?
    Asking out of curiosity, because at some point I’d like to actually get around to start (& finish) working on a Tutorial Map and being able to split such work is quite helpful (Mainly because I fail to move my behind….)

Artfactial

Thanks for adding my little project to the list Thariorn!
    The name of map is Land of the White Wind, not Which though.;)

Thariorn

Whoops, will be corrected asap 😀

ikki

Where can i place the files?
    I cannot even locate the files for age of wonders 3 on windows 8.1

All i can find is user/me/documents/aow3.. but that has no spot for scenarios.

max.magician

Well my friend Thariorn, how we work together…getting few beers or even better some wine, physically sitting together, having loads of fun, laughing our hearts out while discussing and developing the story together (keeping notes).

Then, someone creates the first draft of the map and we start circulating it amongst us (we are four) to improve step by step.

When we are all happy, the difficult part with quests, events etc begins. Usually we are again physically together in two laptops. One is trying LUAs, the second add things to the map and the rest trying the scenario for glitches.

And then, after we play a full game hot-seat and do a final round of improvements, if we are lucky we get some beta testers to get some real comments on the overall work.

And then finally we release the scenario to the community!:-) Well, as you can imagine i completely skipped the boring parts of being stack for days in front of the bloody machine trying to figure out why this stupid event does not trigger!!!

cheers,

max

Ok, I’ve updated the List in the OP.

@max.magician
    Are you guys (M.UI.E) working on set/your own projects together via Teamviewer etc. or how do you do that?
    Asking out of curiosity, because at some point I’d like to actually get around to start (& finish) working on a Tutorial Map and being able to split such work is quite helpful (Mainly because I fail to move my behind….)

Thariorn

Where can i place the files?
    I cannot even locate the files for age of wonders 3 on windows 8.1

All i can find is user/me/documents/aow3.. but that has no spot for scenarios.

Hmm, you should be able tp place them in either the User Content or the Maps folder, which should be located in your aow3 folder with the directory patch you’ve mentioned.

Well my friend Thariorn, how we work together…getting few beers or even better some wine, physically sitting together, having loads of fun, laughing our hearts out while discussing and developing the story together (keeping notes)…../snip

Ahh, okay, sounds quite reasonable if you can get together in such a way 😀

max.magician

We have currently released for beta-testing the cooperative 3vsAI scenario “A Fairy Tale” (working title) where we attempt to make use of most features added with the new DLCs, drawing this time a scansion from Ancient Greek Mythology and from Christianity’s lore and beliefs.

Once tested and finalised will be posted in the forum.

Thanks

M.Ul.e

Hiliadan

The Illuria map is not linked. It’s here: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/map-project-illuria-call-for-map-testers/

Also, a map not posted on this forum but worth linking, a map of Game of Thrones (Westeros + Essos): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=432823293

Hiliadan

I don’t get why you ignore my post and Illuria map Thariorn?

Thariorn

I don’t get why you ignore my post and Illuria map Thariorn?

Sorry, i didn’t mean to do that.

Just checked the thread and couldn’t find any Link to the mapfile, but I’ve linked the thread regardless ~

Nekrid

Hello, I have just finished my large, quite balanced 4-Player-Multiplayer-Map and want here to offer. No special scripts or quests. Its for AoW3 including Addons/DLCs. Hope you enjoy.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/7spkn2

Hiliadan

Why not host it on Steam or Nexus? (and maybe create a post specific for it) I’m interested by a multiplayer map, I’d like to know more about why you think it’s appropriate for MP.

Gilafron

Announcing the release of the Westeros: Winter Is Here scenario!

Available on steam workshop at: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=959684364&searchtext=

A grand map set at the end of season 6, ready for season 7. Take the role of one of the six leaders still alive: Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Cersei Lannister, Euron Greyjoy, Littlefinger, or the dread Night King.

The map immerses you into the world of war-torn Westeros. New units, abilities, map designs, and much more. The Great War is upon us! The End Begins…

Artfactial

Well. It’s been two years since the last update, but here’s some additions non the less:
    I’ve released the Land of the White Winds map and will probably do an update soon with Eternal Lords content.
    Steam Workshop page

I am also working on a giant The Elder Scrolls map encompassing the whole of Tamriel. Geography is almost done so the era-specific changes can be put in soon.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.