Lost Soul Improvement

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Lost Soul Improvement

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Outis 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Outis

I would like some sort of indicator to show whether a Lost Soul has used its Undying Ability in combat or not. This way it would be easier to keep track of which Soul still retains the ability and which would suffer perma-death if killed. It can get confusing when heavy melee occurs. Maybe a 4th combat ability in the abilities bar to show if Undying is available (icon highlighted) or used (icon dim with X like other used/unavailable abilities.

llfoso

Not a bad idea…maybe a particle effect on the ones that have already revived once?

Taykor

I suppose it shouldn’t even be hard to make additional unit property without any effect but visible in a unit panel.

smeagolheart

I suppose it shouldn’t even be hard to make additional unit property without any effect but visible in a unit panel.

I’d prefer to see something without opening up the unit properties screen. Particle effect, different icon or something would be fine or some other indicator that shows on the unit on the map.

zealot83

I like the particle effect idea too sounds good it can get frustrating when you thought the lost soul had not died then when battle is over hes died.

Taykor

I’d prefer to see something without opening up the unit properties screen. Particle effect, different icon or something would be fine or some other indicator that shows on the unit on the map.

Actually, I was wrong from the start. It is impossible to make temporary ability which appears after battle resurrection by modding, doesn’t matter with or without a visual effect. =( At least I don’t see a way. I tried to mod Undying ability and couldn’t do anything. There is On Death property, but launched self-targeter or single targeter on self doesn’t work. I guess the unit is dead at the moment and an effect from targeter doesn’t stick to it.
    Also there is Resurrection Curse, but I am not sure if it would work in combat (it’s from Ghoul curse) and it only applies Requisites which are permanent.
    So, it seems all is hardcoded and we can’t make it without devs.

Outis

@taykor, Thanks for looking into it. Hope the Devs take note and implement something.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.