Mac default AoW3 user directory has been moved!

Weโ€™ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Mac default AoW3 user directory has been moved!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lascha 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lascha

The original location of the AoW3 user directory is in the users home folder. This post is relevant for players that “lost” their save files, and for players that do not like that the AoW3 user directory is located in the home directory.

My username on Mac is Lascha. So for me the original location is:
    /Users/Lascha/AoW3/

The new location is:
    /Users/Lascha/Library/Application Support/AoW3/
    Note: Library is a hidden directory created by the system. Making it visible is outside the scope of this post.

Please understand this rule:

The game will not delete AoW3 user directory at the original location. As long as you have the original location available, the game will use that and it will not use the new location.

So, if you would like to have this directory removed from the original location, you will have to manually move it to the new location yourself.

Some people noticed that their save files were missing. This is due to a bug in the latest build, which has already been hot-fixed by now (you may have to restart Steam). If you already manually moved your save files over to the new location, then please be aware that for this hotfix you will have to delete the original location, because the rule stated above still applies.

Arlow

thank you all for dealing with this so fast.
    might be i haven’t had my coffee yet, but i’m a little confused

we can do nothing and our downloaded custom maps and saves will be back from the hotfix, but if we’d rather have them in a new location we move them manually?

and where to place new downloaded maps?

thanks again for all you do ๐Ÿ™‚

CSav10

I can help you with how to place downloaded maps.Let me know if you succeed! Or if this is what your after?

1. Open finder and select your username from the favourites panel (left side)

2. Above Aplications folder there should be a dropbox with an asterix and down arrow(perform tasks with the selected items appears if you put your curser on it)

3.The very final option in the drop box is Show View Options select it, and select Show library folder(tick this box).

4. Open Library/ApplicationSupport/Steam/steamapps/common/Aow3/Content/Title/Maps

Map is where you want to drop custom made maps.

Arlow

i appreciate it, CSav10, i’ll fiddle around and get it all working, no worries – looking forward to conquering the world this weekend ๐Ÿ˜€

CSav10

your welcome ๐Ÿ˜€ let me know if you run into problems finding the maps folder!

Lascha

if weโ€™d rather have them in a new location we move them manually?

Yes, exactly ๐Ÿ˜‰

thanks again for all you do

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.