Making new heroes without mounts?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Making new heroes without mounts?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Gloweye 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

In the main forum I read (in the modding thread) that a mounted unit can be made unmounted.

Is it possible to attach hero properties to Humanoid units? For example, creating a Naga or Giant hero.

Also, is it possible to re do the animations and make a Dragon rideable?

Afaik the hero mechanics are hard coded to hero units. Short of making everything a hero you cant add those systems (such as equipping, leveling up, etc) to a basic unit.

Those heroes also have unique animations that they must use and I remember being told that we can’t have unmounted heroes using animations of say a swordsman. This means no beast or unmounted heroes. I haven’t experimented with it too much but couldn’t find a way to get them to work.

I would LOVE for someone to prove me wrong though. This would be very good indeed.

I vaguely remember words to that effect iHK.

Well, for now then, Lizard race will have to get frogs for the leaders to ride!

Gloweye

Recolor Raptors to become green maybe? And add some fins.

Recolor Raptors to become green maybe? And add some fins.

Have u found any way to add unmounted heroes gloweye?

Gloweye

Nope, I can’t even find where their animations are defined. It seems to me like the “Hero or Leader” requisite Type will always put them on a mount, as well as make it a hero for the rest.

That said, we could just create a new hero without assigned mount, and see what happens…

(BTW, it’s possible to break some rules when creating heroes. For example, Talic is a wood elf currently, but I didn’t want him to have a unicorn mount, so I gave him a Black Horse from the orcs, which worked fine. )

Or we could try to make another figure and assign the unit the hero requisite type. Worst case, the game crashes. (most likely.)

Arnout
    Keymaster

Sorry heroes always have their own rig mount+hero. Its impossible to make then not-mounted. 🙁

But, on the other hand, can one add spell casting and spells to non hero units, give them various hero like upgrades, and rename them into pre place-able, one off units that are functionally heroes, right?

So you could, say, place a necromancer mask on a fire giant, give it a titans mace, several various spell casting abilities, and call it Sauron?

You could also give it a “legendary hero” tag, and add that into the various hero benefit/buff skills.

But, on the other hand, can one add spell casting and spells to non hero units, give them various hero like upgrades, and rename them into pre place-able, one off units that are functionally heroes, right?

So you could, say, place a necromancer mask on a fire giant, give it a titans mace, several various spell casting abilities, and call it Sauron?

You could also give it a “legendary hero” tag, and add that into the various hero benefit/debuff skills.

No unfortunately u cant do any of that.
    Spells only in the form of unique abilities, not from a spellbook like a hero. Same for hero upgrades, you can add hero buff upgrades on a medal, but you cant add the point based choose your buff style system to a basic unit. Basically no hero mechanic can be added to a normal unit.

You could also give it a “legendary hero” tag, and add that into the various hero benefit/debuff skills.

You can do all of that though! \^^/

Spells only in the form of unique abilities

well that is good enough. Presumably, you could do a “race gov” system targeting a particular race that is the unit, so you’d have the equivalent of a hero upgrade choice. Like you design them to trigger only on “legendary hero” tags.

Not exactly the same (can there only be two choices per level?), but more or less the same rpg experience.

Gloweye

Weird thing here is how to award the RG points…(and it allows for a nice cheat mod..summon more leaders!)

However, you can of course just put them on medal rewards, I even believe you can put something on the first Champion level(or will that come on every level past champion?)

Weird thing here is how to award the RG points…(and it allows for a nice cheat mod..summon more leaders!)

I was assuming these would be dwelling heroes, and you would just have the dwelling grant a certain number of rg points a turn to make the upgrades come out in a reasonable time.

Also, is it possible to re do the animations and make a Dragon rideable?

In Equipment items.rpk, hero mount figures, I think you could copy the Wyvern mounts entries, make them bigger strategically and tactically, then find where the properties of that mount are located (i.e. that is gives fire strike etc. No idea where this is.) and change those to mimic a Dragon.

Boom, “Dragon Mount”!?

also, in unit leaders.rpk, you can set something in the “evolve” field…wonder what would happen then!

Gloweye

In Equipment items.rpk, hero mount figures, I think you could copy the Wyvern mounts entries, make them bigger strategically and tactically, then find where the properties of that mount are located (i.e. that is gives fire strike etc. No idea where this is.) and change those to mimic a Dragon.

Boom, “Dragon Mount”!?

Well, Dragons and Wyverns are pretty different in proportions. Head size for example is at least twice as big for a wyvern, and the wings are much smaller in comparison.

Best solution would be to get your hands on a wyvern rig somehow and use a 3D modelling program to make it look like a dragon.

Hatmage

Sorry to necro this topic.
    Two things I’m curious about regarding heroes & mounts – 1) could a mount with no visible model that changed the “seated position” of a hero’s legs as it moved to mimic walking be made, and 2) could dismounting heroes be implemented via repurposed werepanther mechanics – Having looked briefly at the werepanther mechanics in editor I’m still not sure how to actually select a unit to be transformed into, to my great embarassment.

Gloweye

You have to select a unit set.

Anyway, I’d say give it a go with 3D modeling, though I don’t think you’re able to get rid of the legs on the side.

Werepanther would give a unit without hero abilities though, so I don’t think that’s the solution.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.