Merry Xmas! and the Results of our Halfling competition

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Merry Xmas! and the Results of our Halfling competition

This topic contains 35 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Gyor 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

jimmy

As 2013 draws to a close, we would like to thank you for all your continued support! On behalf of all at Triumph, we wish you a great a Holiday Season
    [See the full post at: Merry Xmas! and the Results of our Halfling competition]

AwesomeLion

:*(

Lucky bums! Game hard for the rest of us <3

AwesomeLion

Jeez! How rude of me! Merry Xmas and happy new year Triumph Studio peeps! <3

Brother JO

congratulations to all winners and Merry Christmas to everyone! 🙂

Tomipapa

Congratulations to the winners, well deserved! 🙂

Red Key

Well done! I’m posting links to the winner’s stories for others’ convenience because I had to go read the stories that beat mine:

Chrysophylax Páuperem
    Edi
    Draxynnic
    NuMetal
    Meeber

P.S. Merry Christmas to all – especially the dire penguins.

vfxrob

Excellent! Enjoy the break!

Elathan

Congratulations to the winners!
    Merry Christmas to all.

Hijallo

So you found underground-dwelling and space-faring halflings far too radical?)

Ha I should have put more effort in. To be fair though, the winning entries are both interesting and indicative of a great deal of work and imagination!

I doff my cap to the winners…

Tibbles

Congrats to the winners!
    And Merry Christmas to everyone 🙂

Jopiedepopie

Oh and I was just planning to finish my story tonight and send it in! Hmm, I would have liked if you said something like: ” The competition will close Friday, December 20 so hurry up for that will be the final day.. ”
    But alas..

Congratulations to the winners! They wrote good stories. And what a nice Christmas present 🙂
    All have a nice holiday.

TheSpeaker

Well done guys you deserve it 🙂 I hope to see your stories in-game in the near future.

Merry Christmas to the fans and everyone working hard at Triumph to give us what we’ve always wanted 🙂

Lepakko

Oohh time to add beta-key to xmas and new years wish list!! Grats to winner!

Draxynnic

Huzzah!

Congratulations to the other winners, a hearty pat on the back to the other contestants, and good luck to everyone seeking keys by other means!

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to deliver a pork roast with all the trimmings into a specific trash can as part of my deal with Ham… I mean, I need to go to the bank and pay off some entirely mundane and unrelated debts… yeah, that’s it. Entirely mundane and unrelated. Nothing out of the ordinary or related to this at all. Yup. That’s the ticket.

Pssst, do you think they bought that?

I don’t think they did. I’m going to have to ask for another couple of courses to make up for the increased risk of exposure.

You’re killing me. Are you sure you’re not just using this as an opportunity to extort more food out of me?

Would I do a thing like that?

Edi

Wow…

Congrats to the other winners and a star for effort for all the other participants! Good luck for seeking other ways to get into the beta.

Enjoy the holidays, Triumph!

Also: Congratulations to the winners. Who of you can I bribe to suggest an increase in Nymph boob size?

NuMetal

@red Key: Thanks for the links, made it a lot easier!

Congrats to the other four happy victors and Merry Christmas to everyone! 🙂

Happy holidays everyone!

And mega grats to the winners and everyone for their very cool stories. They were quite entertaining to read.

Draxynnic

Enjoy the holidays, Triumph!

Also: Congratulations to the winners. Who of you can I bribe to suggest an increase in Nymph boob size?

Considering that I generally find modestly endowed women more attractive than ginormous galloping bazongas myself, I’d suggest not me…

…not if you want to keep the bribe amount reasonably cost-effective, anyway. It’s not my personal preference, but I do have bri…*cough* debts of my own to pay off, after all.

What’s the current boob size now? And how big do you want them?:O

11balanced

Congratulations to winners, happy holidays to all, and long live to Halflings! 🙂

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, and to the other winners: may Êl síla erin lû e-govaned vîn !

As the other winners have made nice statements/talked about bribery (why would you use real food, when spell similcrilia are so much cheaper? I’m not made of money, Leave me alone!), let me remark on the broader implications of this contest.

It shows that while liberal arts people many not have much “money” or find it easy to be”gainfully employed”, they can still do cool stuff.

As for the aesthetic qualities of the Nymphs, I suggest sending them to Bolivia, where such things are very common and cheaper than in the West. In the interests of fairness, you’d probably have to send some male beings as well, I say centaurs (so vets can work also, saving even more money).

Draxynnic

They’re Halflings, Chrysophylax. If you try to feed them spell simulacra, they’ll taste it, and demand double the original payment in recompense…

…or at least that’s what I expect would happen, having no personal experience in the matter, of course. ¬.¬

Incidentally, ironically, I have degrees in physics and chemistry – but in Australia, that seems to be nearly as bad as liberal arts, with the added “benefit” that everyone outside the industry thinks that people with my qualifications can find more interesting work at the drop of a hat and thus won’t stick around long enough to be worth the investment of training…

meeber

Well I got you both beat. I have a degree in Psychology and I’m working in IT go figure. Well at least the Psych classes were interesting except Statistical Methods in Psychology 🙂

Draxynnic

Meanwhile, I know someone who has a degree in IT… and is now making a modest but comfortable living as a fiction author.

For the record, despite his somewhat halfling-like demeanour, he was not involved in my submission, although we do sometimes bounce ideas off one another.

Narvek
    Keymaster

Merry Christmas all, was great to read the many awesome stories 🙂

Arlow

grats to the five 😀

I think that anyone who can write creatively counts as a “liberal arts person” even if they don’t have a degree in it. kudos to you guys’ ability to science as well.

Also, if we are now “the five”, Triumph should make us rings so we can be Nazgul (to fully form “the nine” at a later date).

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.