[Noted] Mission 6 elven campaign (throne rerout trouble)

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Help & Support Scenario Specific Issues [Noted] Mission 6 elven campaign (throne rerout trouble)

This topic contains 74 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  Narvek 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 75 total)
  • Author

Teville

Having trouble rerouting the throne teleport. Did anyone get this to work? I tried to kill leonus with melee (while holding the wand) and he just respawns a couple of turns later in his home city. Tried capturing his home city and it just says leonus is dead + game over.

Blueee

Yeah I have the same problem. I can’t actually “equip” the wand in the weapon slot (it’s just in the inventory) and when I hit him in an early engagement he respawned and now that he’s down to his last city I lose as soon as he dies – even when I’m just hitting him with my hero and nothing else.

grumble314

Yes even though it’s listed as a usable object you also don’t get an option to use it when you’re next to either of the kings.

grumble314

Well if I didn’t take their thrown cities and waited a few turns for them to respawn they respawned in jail. Some kind of indication might have been nice.

Narvek
    Keymaster

If you hit them in melee while having the wand in your inventory (it’s a use item, to not infere with any weapon you might have crafted/found, so it’s used when you have it in your ‘bag’, no need to equip it), the popup will show ‘Throne Teleport Rerouted’, and the leader will be affected by that status effect as well.

So indeed just end turn and after the usual 3 turns the leader will respawn, but since it’s rerouted where, he’ll spawn in your jail.

If this doesn’t work for you there might be something broken, in which case I would love to be able to look at your savegame so we can fix it.

Teville

Thanks. Yeah I hit him in melee made and used a basic attack just to be sure and having the wand in the bag at the same time. I saw on leonus character sheet that he was affected by the throne rerout effect then I finished him off. Tried twice but only have the save from the second time. The second time I had to do something abit dodgy cos he wouldn’t leave his home town which was his last. I had to kill leonus (with the wand process) in his home town then retreat out of the battle cos capturing the town would make me lose. 3 turns later and leonus is back home. Unfortunately I dont have the save before the attack. Is the replay in the event history good enough?

Heres the save. Btw u mentioned crafted items but how do i craft items? The in game help says I need an item forge but I’ve built every building(in previous maps) and it never shows up. Also I’m running the steam version of the game.

Teville

The max file size for attachments is 500kb but my save file is 2.7mb. Is there a way I can get the file to you

Nerdfish

Same issue with commonwealth 6. It seemed to cause Leonus to go off map: I can’t find him anywhere even with true sight scan over the entire map, he’s not consider dead, and I have every single city on the map.

I believe this bug occurs if you capture Leonus’s throne city while he’s respawning. His coordinates becomes invalid. I have uploaded a save to my own FTP server, please have a look.

http://www.ssnt.org/personal/commonwealth6bug.rar

Please let me know if it can be fixed, if not I will have to repeat 16 hours of game. It also would help if location of enemy leaders are marked with a quest marker so we know if it’s broken 😀

HellBrick

I’ve encountered this issue too – v1.08, build 11058. Rerouting worked on Saridas, but fails on Leonus. Here’s a save file with a repro: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30467519/Elven%20court.ACG

Narvek
    Keymaster

We’re still looking into this. It’s weird as we can reproduce it from your savegames, but not when we do it from a new map.
    Now if it was just beta-testers I might be inclined to think you had an outdated version of the map, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Scripting looks in order, a programmer is now looking into what could have caused this.
    Sorry for the issue!

Narvek
    Keymaster

Alright, progress, we figured out that it goes wrong if you flee the battle after killing Leonus.

Narvek
    Keymaster

Alright, more progress, Tombles has found the issue in code.

WORKAROUND: When you need to capture a leader, make sure you kill his/her entire army as well! If you leave a unit of his army alive, the Throne Teleport will most likely not work.

We’re looking at ways to fix this of course!

D00m

Indeed it seems like you have to KILL the entire army. I also had the message “Throne Teleport Rerouted” displayed in the combat log, yet the leader respawned at his throne city. I think it’s because I charmed and kept one of his units. I’ll test it tomorrow just to make sure. It’s a bit ridiculous really, please fix it.

Btw, seems that when you register for a new account and choose a username which is already taken you are not notified of the problem and only told that registration failed, I could see many people getting stuck on this. I hope I’m not repeating something already brought to your attention.

Thank you for a wonderful game.

zekses

Killing him last doesn’t help. This is what I did and I still got game over. Killed him with Nomlik after staff was sent to him via transport. but it was 100% there by the time I killed him. Also, it was a second time I wiped him(first one I did not have the staff) and it was his last city and I only did last hit on him with the staff

D00m

@zekes: I think the problem’s that it was his last city, if you killed him and he lost his throne city it’s game over, his loss triggers right away and you don’t have the three turns needed for him to respawn in jail.

zekses

This still is a script bug then. I am not supposed to be even thinking of this because this is not in any way shape or form explained in the mission description.

Narvek
    Keymaster

Part of the fix is indeed that if you take the throne city as well as kill Leonus/Saridas while they have the Throne Teleport Rerouted you will not lose.

D00m

Works like a charm now, so you can’t mind control the units when you capture the leader, well technically you can, but you can’t keep them after the battle or the reroute will fail.

zekses

Narvek, when is the fix coming to steam?

Narvek
    Keymaster

Next patch, we hope to get that out to you early next week!

Cieniass

eh cant catch Saridas…. lost my 5h game
    I have to restart map after thix patch ? or it will be fixed with my save ?

ps. sry for my eng

Cieniass

Can’t edit

Alright, more progress, Tombles has found the issue in code.

WORKAROUND: When you need to capture a leader, make sure you kill his/her entire army as well! If you leave a unit of his army alive, the Throne Teleport will most likely not work.

We’re looking at ways to fix this of course!

Works for me ;]

tchoob

Since we are on topic of this mission… What if I haven’t noticed the Wand on the ground, conquered most of the map, and now noticed that the Wand is gone and none of my heroes have it? Do I need to restart the map?

And, uh… why does Merlin put a mission critical item on the ground, not in Sundren’s inventory? I assumed it was the case, and only learned it wasn’t the case thanks to googling.

chair5768

Came to report this bug, see it’s already taken care of.

For anyone else with the problem of needing to capture the last city, just wait until the enemy has multiple stacks then attack the stack that ISN’T on the city core. This way you can win the battle but not capture the last city.

…I originally thought it might be a problem with my having accidently captured one of the generals so I redeclared war on them and killed them in their prison cell. Wasn’t the problem, and now I’m a war-criminal, thanks.

slowcar

I seem to be stuck on the mission as well. I have successfully captured Saridas by rerouting his teleport, but i can’t seem to find Leonus.

I have researched and cast the Network of Eyes world spell that shows the location of all cities, the only AI city left is one of Saridas (and at peace with me).

Leonus dispelled one of my world spells recently, maybe the hero is somewhere in a cave or the like? I have run around for a couple of turns, exploring caves and the like, but no trace of him.

link to my savegame:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85296594/1.ACG

Zash

Hi,

i’ve encountered another bug in this mission.
    A Hero (perhaps King Leonus … i dont know cause i get no info if i click on that army) is stuck on a thorn hedge field.
    I could even move my own spy drone on that field without a fight, getting 20 dmg from the thorn hedge.
    Next turn i couldn’t move my drone away because … i dont know, had 28 movement points, i guess that ai hero is stuck too.
    After using both map cheats i couldn’t find Leonus, so i guess it was that hero on the thorne hedge field, btw i wasn’t able to find Saridas either, so i just cheated to win this level.
    I had no problems with this map in the elven court campain btw.

slowcar

zash, the same also happened in my scenario, and now that you mention it, it could be possible that the blue hero died in that thorn field.
    i tried to attack him there, but both the enemy army and my own were stuck on the field, blinking in alternation.
    i reloaded my save and continued.

how can i cheat to end the scenario map? i don’t really want to replay it whole.

slowcar

update: i cheated the whole map visible, no units or cities of the still living faction existed, i guess because they all died in these thorns.
    i entered the cheat to win the map and was at least able to read the end dialogue.
    leaves a bad taste nonetheless, these thorns should be fixed.

Narvek
    Keymaster

Hi,

i’ve encountered another bug in this mission.<br>
    A Hero (perhaps King Leonus … i dont know cause i get no info if i click on that army) is stuck on a thorn hedge field.<br>
    I could even move my own spy drone on that field without a fight, getting 20 dmg from the thorn hedge.<br>
    Next turn i couldn’t move my drone away because … i dont know, had 28 movement points, i guess that ai hero is stuck too.<br>

Thank you for the report. It’s something we’re already working on for the next patch. We’re sorry for the inconvenience it caused you and slowcar.

Sifer2

Another two bugs I noticed on this map not directly related to the throne teleporting:

The Dragon dwelling just to right of my capital in the Elven version declared war on me as soon as saw them. Then kept giving quest offers that simply repeated them saying to leave or die.

And a good ways into the mission I get a message saying that Merlin has sent a bunch of Fairy’s to help out. But there are no Fairy’s. Only Julia an Edward appeared.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.