[Noted] Mission 6 elven campaign (throne rerout trouble)

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Help & Support Scenario Specific Issues [Noted] Mission 6 elven campaign (throne rerout trouble)

This topic contains 74 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by  Narvek 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author

Patolord

Great i cant complete this mission because i capture saridas and lose the game >.>

lilithn

This game is the death of me. I’m so fed up with it sometimes, that I could scream. What with the bloody bugs, unexplained quests, the cheating AI, really devs, this is the definition of notching up the difficulty sending 5-6 AI enemies with fully developed towns with one of the strongest AOE units to gangr…. me not even speaking about the most annoying independents? Why is that the AI’s charm / stun etc always works and I can never get a success on spell 60% plus? I have played Age of Empires 2-3, Age of Mythology, HOMM 4-5-6, Kings Bounty, all (and truly) all the Total War series latter with plus 500 hours in them in total, Civilization and never ever I felt that the AI so overpowered cheating ass like this game. I’m really really fed up, this mission has just put in the nail in the coffin due to the unexplained campaign mission…really, 1) have to not capture the throne city, and 2) kill the last unit, and then “kill” the kings, do I also have to stand in the moonshine at the sing of coockoo or something? What were you thinking!

Azunai

regarding the “unexplained” rules – they probably didn’t think that this quest needs more explanation because it’s quite obvious how it works – force the leader into the void and make sure the hero with the wand does the killing blow. nothing more, nothing less.
    of course the leader must still have a throne city for this stunt to work. leaders always die if you kill them and they don’t have a throne to retreat to. that’s no special rule- it works exactly like that in every other campaign and random mission.

DiE_GiPsHaNd

regarding the “unexplained” rules – they probably didn’t think that this quest needs more explanation because it’s quite obvious how it works – force the leader into the void and make sure the hero with the wand does the killing blow. nothing more, nothing less.<br>
    of course the leader must still have a throne city for this stunt to work. leaders always die if you kill them and they don’t have a throne to retreat to. that’s no special rule- it works exactly like that in every other campaign and random mission.

It might not necesarily need explanation per se, but the quest is just potentially impossible, since the AI on easy difficulty (which I play on, because I want to simply enjoy the story for now) tends to raze their own towns as soon as you aproach, retreat their leader into their main city and never come out again, which automatically means that you cant win the map. I just really hope the fix comes soon.

Is there any new ETA on the patch that fixes this?

mortanon

@narvek Help please !!!
    I am still not able to reroute Leonus (patch 1.10 already installed)
    I did try all the hints in this thread, without succes. I think my case is a bit different, because I met Leonus outside from his city (on the road). I attack him with Sundren. Sundren has the wand in hers inventory, she attack him with melee attack and kill him and all his army. The log says that the teleport reroute is activated, but then he respawns in his throne city again.
    Unfortunately I cannot upload my save game because of size limit 🙁
    Can I upload my saves for further debugging somewhere else?

Regards

KillerMensch

@narvek I’m having the same issue as the user above.

Have patch 1.10 installed. Have fought Leonus outside a city as well as in a city that wasn’t his throne city. Got the tooltip saying “Teleport Reroute Activated” by attacking with Sundren who had the wan in her inventory. Killed the rest of his army in tactical combat without retreating. 3 turns later he respawns in his capital instead of being captured underground as is intended. Not sure if it’s an issue with the new patch or not. Restarted the map and tried it both with classic turns and simultaneous turns. Never works.

It’s made me unable to progress through the campaign. Is this still an issue being sorted? Should I just wait for a fix?

If it’s relevant: I was in Mission 5 when the game patched. The patch definitely applied because I had to build the new structures to build Tier 4 units in that mission. I never tried this mission pre-patch 1.10 installed.

Thanks! Picked the game up this past weekend and have been really enjoying it until now. Hoping you can help so that I can continue to progress.

KillerMensch

@narvek A brief update:

Using the Steam Beta Options, I reverted to v1.09. I loaded up the save I created right before the battle with Leonus, and did exactly the same thing I’d been doing in v1.10.

Three turns later… Viola! He teleported correctly to the prison in the underground.

In my particular case, it definitely seems an issue related to the latest patch. The exact same actions in tactical combat using the exact same save file resulted in two completely different results depending on the version of the game build I had running. In v1.10: Leonus respawned back in his throne city after being killed in melee with my hero carrying the wand. In v1.09: He respawned underground and I was finally able to complete the mission as intended.

Did the latest patch break this mission for anyone else?

My save file is over 512KB, but I’m happy to email or upload it to someone at Triumph if you’d like to look at it. Just give me instructions.

Hope this helps others having trouble with the end of the campaign!

Alucinor

I am having the same problem as the above posters. Unfortunately, when I tried to revert to 1.09, the game crashes attempting to load my save game, so I am stuck and unable to complete this mission at all.

Is there an ETA for a patch resolving this issue?

iDruid

I have the same trouble with rerouting. Killed Leonus with wand then his army and after three turns he just respawned in his throne city. Rerouting doesn’t work on his allies either. Stopped playing, waiting for fix.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  President.

songseeker

I also have the same trouble. no matter what combinations and order of killing I try, it’s impossible to have either leader rerouted. makes the game effectively impossible to finish. very frustrating.

Narvek
    Keymaster

We’re testing it as I type this, very sorry to hear something seems to have broken it.

Eustus

Restarted this part of the campaign as I am still getting the problem of Leonus not being rerouted when killed.

But looks like I’ve hit a new bug in this campaign. I’ve had to kill this attempt because Leonus will not complete his turn.

Save taken and attached … I hope.

Eustus

Oh dear, can’t send the game save ……….

Eustus

For info: V1.100 – build 11335. Happy to email the save or upload it somewhere.

BTW brilliant game, hope you can fix it.

davidtcf

another proof of the bug in patch 1.10.

here’s the save file prior to the big battle at his throne city – don’t take over the throne just kill all of the units, kill Leonus with Sundren’s attack, wait for 3~4 turns and u will see him respawn at the throne once more.

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/qC5iJv8gh/

saved game is a bit tough as I did not take over the dragons, however u can win it with Edward’s battle ships and Sundren’s amazing attack power (i’ve succeeded). Game is played in Easy mode.

Narvek
    Keymaster

I’m happy to tell you this has been fixed internally and the the fix will be in the next patch!

Pentrago

Sorry, but I just downloaded the patch and, although the effect on him is activated in the combat log, killing him in his (last?) city still counts as failure…

Pentrago

Tried something different and didn’t take over the city: No instant fail, but he reappears back in his throne city.

iDruid

Sorry, but I just downloaded the patch and, although the effect on him is activated in the combat log, killing him in his (last?) city still counts as failure…

The patch isn’t yet out. No beta either.

Pentrago

Yes, you are right! I downloaded the beta and the patch that was installed yesterday was the official patch release, I suppose. Fortunately Triumph seem quite fast, so I will sit back and play some random maps until the next patch release 🙂

Redleg1001

I too have the problem of Saridas getting hit in his last throne city and loosing the game because I killed him. I also got him earlier in the game with the correct hero having the wand in inventory and he just returned to his throne city. I have the steam patched up to 1.10, which was the last patch and encountered this problem today.

llfletch

I can’t get the throne city reroute to work. I have started this mission two different times and whenever I kill Leonis or Saridas he just appears in his throne city several turns later. This is true even when I kill him with melee attacks from the character with the wand. It gives him the status effect “throne teleport rerouted”. I have tried killing Saridas with different heroes and without a weapon equipped. The result is always the same – i am completely unable to win this campaign because of this. This problem is greatly magnified because there is no report given that it could or could not work, you have to wait several turns to see if it worked which makes trying different things to potentially isolate the bug impractical.

booingot

reroute still doesnt work

sk4zi

got the same Problem with Saridas twice … not tested on Leonus thou.

may it be that i have not explored the “prison in the Underground” since i dont know where this should be?
    can this be part of the problem?

Just thought it was relevant. but I seem to have somehow rerouted Svengir the Golden into the underground prison, preventing me from sending Leonus there. Bah!! Restart!!

Attachments:

sk4zi

this quest really needs to be changed …

it cannot be that the normal campaign is broken like that …

Cinnder

Just ran into this bug myself, killed all units, didn’t run away, Leonus defeated by hero with the wand — anxiously awaiting next patch so I can continue with campaign.

Lain1974

I also have this problem and had already been patched to 1.10 before even getting to the chapter.

I did end up resorting to using the HEIN cheat as I’d like to finish it properly once this is fixed, but I couldn’t keep going around like a mouse stuck on a treadmill watching them both respawn in their throne cities.

The only thing that bothers me is the cheat kills both kings, but as it was the last chapter of Sundren’s campaign, I’m guessing it doesn’t change anything.

Cheers,
    Lain

Stiele

The bug persists, am also unable to continue with the campaign. Leonus gets the rerout but just respawns at his throne city instead of the prison. Tried several times with different heroes nothing helps.

Morrandirr

Having problems here too. I’ve captured all of Lenous’ cities and now I’m fighting his army. Although I attack him in melee with a hero holding the staff, I lose the scenario after the fight.

Do I need him to reclaim a city again, making it his throne city and then wait for im to leave the city?

Anyway that’s crap…

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.