Mod request/suggestions

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Mod request/suggestions

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 97 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  lordoflinks 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • Author

crazyarve

Hello everyone! This is my first post on the forums and I have been lurking around here for ages, so… Hi 🙂

I got the idea that maybe have a mod suggestions/request topic for people that dose not have the time/interest of moding themselves. The moders that do, but don’t have anything going on, can then go here and look for stuff to create for others!

I can starten then! 😀

The unit Cadavers… I do not like the model at all. What I would like is to change the model to look more like skeleton warriors that stood up. That the spell uses the bone of the dead to rise them to be a group skeletons. Think this would look so much cooler then a pile of crawling things. Something like Arcons infantry but more in line with the Necromancer class.

A pic that is close to what I have in mind:
    (just a Google pic link)

Skeleton pic

If this could be done, a necromancer fan would hug the life out of you.

/M.A

Gloweye

Is that all? You can literally do that in 5 minutes. Open the mod tools, open the RPK containing the Cadaver, click on the Cadaver Figure entry, click modify, click animations, and switch it to a basic humanoid animation. Easy as pi. eh, pie.

Taykor

I suppose it would be better to use Archons’ animation (whichever this is).

Is that all? You can literally do that in 5 minutes. Open the mod tools, open the RPK containing the Cadaver, click on the Cadaver Figure entry, click modify, click animations, and switch it to a basic humanoid animation. Easy as pi. eh, pie.

The more entertaining way of making an abillity to force them to stand up and gain some stats (such as speed and damage) and increase the amount of hp lost per turn (as bones and other bits n pieces are falling off faster) isng easy to do. I dont know if its even possible to hange animation sets based on state functions.

What ever came of alternate models for depending on the units medal (added pfx etc)?

Gloweye

I dont know if its even possible to hange animation sets based on state functions.

This one here’s the bottleneck. I can’t find a unit property that overrides an animation, which pretty much kills the idea. It was a good idea though.

What ever came of alternate models for depending on the units medal (added pfx etc)?

I think effects can be added based on property – much like static shield being a property with a visual. However, my personal modding preference goes to mechanics over looks. My laptop can’t handle the looks anyway, so what’s the point?

Ravenholme

Couldn’t you create the upright Cadavers as a seperate unit, and then create the same relationship between it and the original as exists between Tigran Mystics and their Werepanther form? Should preserve medals earned etc, too.

Gloweye

Couldn’t you create the upright Cadavers as a seperate unit, and then create the same relationship between it and the original as exists between Tigran Mystics and their Werepanther form? Should preserve medals earned etc, too.

That could actually work…iHK, you going to make that mod or shall I?

That could actually work…iHK, you going to make that mod or shall I?

Haha im on holiday for the week and dont have my Computer for another 5 days 🙁 hence my cronic posting, been so addicted to modding past few days.

Vasilas

Well until I learn how to do these myself, here’s some requests.

-Give to all class units a more distinct appearance based on their race. For example change the model of High Elf manticore to an armored High Elf (not that silly naked one) riding a pegasus or a giant eagle or a unicorn with wings.

-Change the color of theocrat units depending on their spheres or alignment. For example evil theocrats=black crusaders, neutral theocrats=grey crusaders.

-Paint units with the coat of arms you chose. For example the sun on crusader’s shields should change into the emblem of your empire. I don’t know if that’s even possible.

-Add variety on the unit squad. For example in a High Elf swordsmen squad, the guy in front should be dressed like a veteran/captain with white wings on his helmet or something and another guy in the back could carry a banner with the empire’s emblem.

Finally add more clothing to hero customization.

Gloweye

-Give to all class units a more distinct appearance based on their race. For example change the model of High Elf manticore to an armored High Elf (not that silly naked one) riding a pegasus or a giant eagle or a unicorn with wings.

This mount would require a good modeler, but the rider can be done without to much issue.

-Change the color of theocrat units depending on their spheres or alignment. For example evil theocrats=black crusaders, neutral theocrats=grey crusaders.

-Paint units with the coat of arms you chose. For example the sun on crusader’s shields should change into the emblem of your empire. I don’t know if that’s even possible.

-Add variety on the unit squad. For example in a High Elf swordsmen squad, the guy in front should be dressed like a veteran/captain with white wings on his helmet or something and another guy in the back could carry a banner with the empire’s emblem.

These are….pretty much not going to happen. That saying, I believe the “Extra Figure” option allows for a different unit in a squad, but I’ve yet to see it used. And it clips horribly.

Vasilas

These are….pretty much not going to happen.

Yeah I suspected as much, I also saw that extra figure option and was wondering if you could make squads have a Warhammerish look.

This mount would require a good modeler, but the rider can be done without to much issue.

I’m currently trying to figure out how to import meshes from the game’s files to blender, I’m by no means a good modeler but if you know how to do that I would appreciate if you shared.

Khelle

Hello,
    as few of you already know I have a big issue with champions mechanics in the game, which I think breaks the strategic part of the game. Since I am no modder I would like to ask anyone of you sirs to create No-Champions-Mechanics mod in your spare time.
    I know disabling option for leveling above elite is probably not makeable from modding tools and modding being fresh in AoW3 probably nobody has knowledge how to modify game further than what they allow. However, I think this mod could work very easily if champions rank gain would be lowered from +10hp to +0hp. Then champions mechanics would still be on, but since there would be no gains it would not affect the game and it could finally be more strategic as it was before. Please, someone, do it, and I will be eternally grateful. Thanks 🙂

Gloweye

I’m currently trying to figure out how to import meshes from the game’s files to blender, I’m by no means a good modeler but if you know how to do that I would appreciate if you shared.

Sorry. If you ever opened a 3D editor in your life, you know more than I do. I’m the guy who knows a bit about how stuff works that isn’t related to visuals.

Hello,
    as few of you already know I have a big issue with champions mechanics in the game, which I think breaks the strategic part of the game. Since I am no modder I would like to ask anyone of you sirs to create No-Champions-Mechanics mod in your spare time.
    I know disabling option for leveling above elite is probably not makeable from modding tools and modding being fresh in AoW3 probably nobody has knowledge how to modify game further than what they allow. However, I think this mod could work very easily if champions rank gain would be lowered from +10hp to +0hp. Then champions mechanics would still be on, but since there would be no gains it would not affect the game and it could finally be more strategic as it was before. Please, someone, do it, and I will be eternally grateful. Thanks :)

I think it could work, (and you’ll still have the higher EXP to show how much your unit has been through!), and the place to go is the Tier resource. Don’t know where that is though.

MartyD81

Is there someone capable enough who knows how to mod the questing system? Specifically, the diversity of quests in the RMG? AoWIII’s questing system is one of the very few things I think are inferior to that of AoW2/SM… I know that there are multiple quest types in the editor but I absolutely have no idea how to extend the RMG with new quest types through it – maybe a certain knowledge of scripting/coding is needed… Tombles has responded in the sense that modding quests may be possible but with some not clearly specified difficulties. Gloweye, are you up to the task? Or do you happen to know somebody else from the community who might be? Thanks in advance.

Epaminondas

I’d like to see:

A Warhammer Fantasy Battle mod.

If that’s too complex or too many races, perhaps a good Archon race mod?

Gloweye

Is there someone capable enough who knows how to mod the questing system? Specifically, the diversity of quests in the RMG? AoWIII’s questing system is one of the very few things I think are inferior to that of AoW2/SM… I know that there are multiple quest types in the editor but I absolutely have no idea how to extend the RMG with new quest types through it – maybe a certain knowledge of scripting/coding is needed… Tombles has responded in the sense that modding quests may be possible but with some not clearly specified difficulties. Gloweye, are you up to the task? Or do you happen to know somebody else from the community who might be? Thanks in advance.

I might be able to…but the todo list is growing and there’s still some RL I need to pay time at. However, I’m not to sure about possibilities other than “Kill this Stack” or stuff like that. More Stack variety should be possible without to much issue though. Other penalties on failure maybe too, though I wouldn’t know which one.

Long wishlist here….
    Anything easy i’d try to do myself though.

-Hijack Ability for Dreadnought heroes, would work on every machine except shrines/jugs
    -A New Treasure site (foundry?) where these machines would appear (with a related MCU for machine bonuses)
    -the old wild hunt flying galleons back (although there is an existing mod with air galleys now at least)
    -The T3 Elf archer from the AoW1 elf mod, but added to the normal HE roster
    -AOE strategic spells (although this has now been fulfilled thankfully)
    -Ice queens to get swimming, or better, a way to freeze water
    -Goblin Bomber – Is there a way to give it a conditional phase that would only work if it was adjacent to a treb, cannon, or jug – to represent being shot out of one? – with a suicide ability that leaves a corpse for necros to reuse
    -A T2 or 3 Drac Flamer with a weaker breath atk
    -Making the research notifcation the LAST one of the turn, not the first
    -Mounted Archers added to site spawn lists
    -A T4 for the fey dwelling (gloweye’s suggestion of the leprechaun on the wiki is nice)

Arnout
    Keymaster

I like the Hijack Ability, good idea! Engineers might get it at Gold Medal?

Got some ideas myself as well 🙂

• Haunted Inn (as suggested on the forums). Structure mod, which includes the Foundry idea of PsychoticSoul as well
    • “Monty haul” mod – heroes and leaders level very quickly and can get insane powerful abilities normally not available to them.
    • Werewolf unit that can transform into a wolf (similar to the Tigran Mystic, uses the Human Scoundrel model without weapons)
    • Witch Curse spell which transforms a unit into an Ox for easy killings. Uses the same logic as Mystic’s ability, but then as spell!
    • Annihilate Soul kills the unit if resistance check failed, otherwise does 40 damage. This spell was originally planned for the Necromancer, but was canceled in favour of another spell. The FX made though, check SkillsNecromancer.rpk!
    • Call of the Deep; similar spell as Arachnid Horde but only works on water and summons marine creatures like baby krakens, mermaids and lost mariners.
    • Summon Guardian of the Deep TC secret spell summons a powerful creature from the deep (randomly a Kraken or Lord of the Deep) for duration of combat.
    • Decompose Bodies secret spell that destroys all bodies on the battlefield so they can’t be resurrect anymore. Niece spell
    • Perfect Strike secret spell target unit gets clear insight and gains a one-time +20 attack bonus on the next round.
    • Necromancer Mod where some base units of a race become necromancer themed when possible. For example: halfling eagle riders ride a carrion bird instead of the eagle.

Taykor

-AOE strategic spells (although this has now been fulfilled thankfully)

And there will be more! Soon.

Annihilate Soul kills the unit if resistance check failed, otherwise does 40 damage. This spell was originally planned for the Necromancer, but was canceled in favour of another spell. The FX made though, check SkillsNecromancer.rpk!

But this is (almost) the same as Death curse ability. And Disintegrate spell…

Arnout
    Keymaster

Yes that’s why it got axed, but it might be cool—especially the FX is nice!

TheSpeaker

Is it possible for people to add new player colors and flag crests? That would be awesome.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Yes it is, look in AoW_PlayerData.rpk . Adding new primary colors might not be the best idea, we had to keep them limited to only 8 or so, since otherwise it’s very easy to have 2 players using colours that are so similar you can’t tell them apart. If you don’t mind that, then knock yourself out!

@ Arnout, also thought of a Werewolf and polymorph (witch curse).

Also teleportation as an ability/spell, and sacrificing a unit to summon in another (mutation spell as base) for Warlock unit.

Also, quite a few spells tweaked into unit abilities.

MartyD81

MartyD81 wrote:
    I might be able to…but the todo list is growing and there’s still some RL I need to pay time at. However, I’m not to sure about possibilities other than “Kill this Stack” or stuff like that. More Stack variety should be possible without to much issue though. Other penalties on failure maybe too, though I wouldn’t know which one.

Please, pretty please, make this one of your priorites. The “Capture an enemy city” or “Kill an enemy hero” quest types would do for the beginning and should not be much of a challenge for you, am I right:-)? AoWIII’s questing system feels somewhat dull ATM… Thanks anyway for the effort that you have put and are going to put into modding!

Teehon

My request is simple: make Firstborn, Yeti and Ogre 1 figure in a unit, upscale Firstborn a bit.

Gloweye

-The T3 Elf archer from the AoW1 elf mod, but added to the normal HE roster

There’s a T3 Ranger in that Wood Elf mod of mine. Has Longshot, a 3 turn CD Long range single shot ability. Nice to open a fight with.

-Ice queens to get swimming, or better, a way to freeze water

I’ve been trying – swimming is easy of course, but freezing water turned out to be impossible if you want it to melt again after a couple of turns. You freeze it forever with a modified duplicate of Path of Frost.

I’ve explored other options, like strategic abilities that would do it, but it turns out we can’t link a strategic targetter to a unit ability. Sadly.

-Goblin Bomber – Is there a way to give it a conditional phase that would only work if it was adjacent to a treb, cannon, or jug – to represent being shot out of one? – with a suicide ability that leaves a corpse for necros to reuse

Working on this one with BBB. He’s the last to have done something, so I’m not sure if it’s finished yet. It’s 100% possible though.

Yes it is, look in AoW_PlayerData.rpk . Adding new primary colors might not be the best idea, we had to keep them limited to only 8 or so, since otherwise it’s very easy to have 2 players using colours that are so similar you can’t tell them apart. If you don’t mind that, then knock yourself out!

I’ve kind of sinned against this rule already. When making a new leader, you can just select one of those colors tagged with a juicy “DONT USE” tag. We’re gonna need 12 colors anyway for our AoW 1 mod… and dwarf brown/pink just isn’t in the basic set.

@marty

Sorry, no promises

My request is simple: make Firstborn, Yeti and Ogre 1 figure in a unit, upscale Firstborn a bit.

easily done. I upscaled the FB anyway, can’t recall if it is one figure.

PsychoticSoul wrote:
    Working on this one with BBB. He’s the last to have done something, so I’m not sure if it’s finished yet. It’s 100% possible though.

based around the ‘feed the collector’ ability, it is indeed apparently possible. Haven’t tried doing it yet.

Charlatan

I wouldn’t mind making those Haunted Inn and Foundry structures.

In fact I wanted to make something like that for my campaign anyway, I’ll get to work and see what I cook up.

Taykor

Yes that’s why it got axed, but it might be cool—especially the FX is nice!

I like pretty FXs) I guess we need ask someone modding combat spells. Though it seems to me Necro already has the most interesting set of combat spells.

Garresh

Modding combat spells you say? :3

I’ve been going a bit obsessive with particle effects. I’m not much of an artist but since its all mathematics mostly I can toy with it to my hearts content and actually do cool stuff. Ahaha. Anyways I have other ideas for mods but I don’t want to get spread too thin since I still have like another 30 units to do.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.