Modding / V1.7 [OFFICIAL] NOW LIVE

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Modding / V1.7 [OFFICIAL] NOW LIVE

This topic contains 441 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Tombles 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 442 total)
  • Author

Dr_K

Small Update on Blender:

It still refuses to work, but the first problem is solved: Letting Modifiers be Applied during export won’t work, You have to apply them yourself before doing so.

However it still refuses, simply saying “0 Imported” now without error message.

I can’t shake the feeling I overlooked something small. I worked with Blender a lot, but never with Collada.

You aren’t the only one. I’ve gotten to the same point and can’t seem to get it loaded into the Content Editor either.

Comrade Dr_K! I also absolute novice, but I want recreate swimming lizards! And may be we will help each other? Do you understand Russian?

Hopefully someone can manage something to help with that, especially since BBB and Gloweye are making their AoW1 mod. I haven’t dabbled with 3D modelling for quite a few years so I’m very much out of practice. Sadly I do not understand Russian.

Outis

I don’t see a bug forum for the new build. I am running build 16904.

I know everybody is testing the mod capability which is great. But I encountered these two bugs in the game. I tested it in two games and both always appear.

1. Some items are showing up blank. They are there and can be equipped and sent off but no icons are present.

2. Movement remaining pop-up shows, but there is no BACK button so you have to end the turn and waste the movement points.

Centurion-X

Dr_K, Thank You! I understand English… but I can not speak freely. I hope for cooperation with all modders for the return of the lost races!

p.s. I have the Gog-version, if that.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Thanks for the big reports guys! I shall look into them when I go to work on Monday.

As for the Collada stuff, I’m gonna need someone to post some of the DAE files that you think should work, but which don’t. On Monday, I can try and import them using a debugger and see where it is that our system falls down.

Bob5

I can’t seem to boot the game in 1.7, except for when I’m in debug mode. Debug mode game runs, without it crashes when I try to boot it from the launcher. The editor works fine.

When I try to boot the game without the launcher (directly with AoW3.exe) it gives me the following error:

“Error loading profile!

Make sure you run the game using the Launcher. If it still doesn’t work then you profile may be corrupted. Delete .APD and .APS files in the profile folder. ”

Deleting the .APD and .APS files in the profile folder does not resolve the issue.

Switching back to build 16251 resolves the issue.

Some system info:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40 GHz
    RAM: 16.0 GB
    System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics Radeon 5500 8GB
    Pen and Touch: Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

(it’s a laptop with touch-screen).

Bob5

I also tried the advice in http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/fix-after-windows-10-upgrade-the-game-doesnt-start-anymore/ but that didn’t resolve the problem either.

Tibbles

I did a quick test importing a “new” rigged model into the ContentEd

It seems to work pretty well when exporting from Maya 2012 with the 1.4.1 Collada exporter found here : https://github.com/KhronosGroup/OpenCOLLADA/wiki/OpenCOLLADA-Tools

I imported the base humanoid rig, added a few objects to it and did a poor skinning job 😛

But it worked:

He’s untextured so he’s wearing a Unicorn skin now 😀

Kelaeris

Tombles, can you please tell me if there’s a way to re-enable the random loot from structures using the Mod Manager? I looked in AoW_LevelGenerator, AoW_Structures and Structures_DLC3 and didn’t find any setting related to it.

Thank you.

Zaskow

The XML file for localization is here:

Example.xml

Dear @tombles, can you provide some xml-files which game uses (abilities descriptions etc…) to us? It’s interesting to see live examples of different localizations and using tags.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Can you be more specific Kelaeris? Most structures give random loot as rewards when you clear them already…

You might want to look at the section in the guide titled:

11.4 – AoW Value Scaled Reward Set (Settings)

They’re defined in the various Structures packs, and they tell the system what loot you get from clearing treasure sites.

Kelaeris

Can you be more specific Kelaeris? Most structures give random loot as rewards when you clear them already…

You might want to look at the section in the guide titled:

11.4 – AoW Value Scaled Reward Set (Settings)

They’re defined in the various Structures packs, and they tell the system what loot you get from clearing treasure sites.

Yes, of course.

I mean the random seed on load game that existed before the Eternal Lords expansion.
    Right now, all loot is predetermined when starting the game.

More specifically, I would like to undo the following change in 1.5: Rewards for clearing treasure sites and seals are now determined when the map starts, so you can’t reload and repeat the fight to try for different rewards.

Thank you.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Oh, I see. I’m afraid I don’t think you can change that with modding, it was done by changing the game’s code, not by changing settings. When I added it, I don’t think I added any settings you could mod to disable it.

Kelaeris

Oh, that’s a bummer. I actually really enjoyed that part in single-player games and was waiting eagerly for the mod tools to bring it back.

Well, thanks for the info, I guess I’ll have to manage without it then.

Here’s another question: Is it possible to repopulate treasure structures automatically using modding? Say 100 turns after clearing a structure, you can go into it again and get a different set of rewards.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Here’s another question: Is it possible to repopulate treasure structures automatically using modding? Say 100 turns after clearing a structure, you can go into it again and get a different set of rewards.

I’m not sure. You can use scripting to do various things, but it’s more designed for level editing than changing mechanics like you describe. There are issues with what you’re suggesting too, such as what sites to do it with (you don’t want your gold mines to suddenly switch off and need reclearing), and what to do with sites that have armies sat on top of them.

Tombles
    Keymaster

In the end, modding is better for adding and changing content, like units, spells and structures. Changing game mechanics like you’re trying isn’t really supported, because all that stuff is in code and not moddable.

I’ll have a look on monday though, it might be easy to have a switch to enable the treasure to reset when you reload, I’m not sure.

Kelaeris

Good points.

I assumed you can exclude those cases by creating restrictions in the script code (ideally, you’d be able to create your own structure sets in the Mod Editor (ex: Treasure Structures) and apply the changes only to those) and then do any additional checks if necessary.

I’ll have think on it for a bit. Thank you for the input!

I’ll have a look on monday though, it might be easy to have a switch to enable the treasure to reset when you reload, I’m not sure.

If you could do that, I’d kiss you. I would very, very happy much appreciate it if it were turned into a switch 🙂

Thanks a lot for the effort, I’ll fiddle around with the Mod tools until Monday then.

Epaminondas

Hi, I had several modding questions – mainly whether certain simple things I wanted to do were feasible at the moment, and, if yes, how to go about doing them. I read the section related to unit editing thoroughly and perused the other section quickly, and I could not find definitive answers to my questions. I also apologize if this is not the right thread to ask such technical questions, and please direct me to the proper venue.

1. Can you change the number of figures in a unit? I saw nothing about this in the unit editing section, and when I tried to modify those fields that seemed to govern it, I was unable to do so, as those fields seemed locked.

2. I see that you can add or subtract a unit’s level-up abilities; but can you change HPs acquired? I did not see any fields related to this, so I assume this is hard-coded?

3. Is it possible to make certain abilities to have a limited number of usage? Mainly I want to introduce limited ammunition for most non-magical ranged attacks.

4. I see that you can modify unit and spell properties; but can you actually delete units and spells out of existence altogether? I mainly want to get rid of Warbreeds (at last!) and ultimate spells.

5. Finally, I am wondering if it is possible to convert certain city defense spells – such as Dragon Oil – into permanent Empire Upgrades.

Thanks in advance!

vota dc

How can I change the animations?

For example I put a crossbow to the human archer and set Ranged_Crossbow in Template resolve, but the archer still fire like he has a bow instead of crossbow?
    Maybe the reason is that I changed only the static animation in components? But there aren’t other animations, do I need to create a new one?

Also why I still get errors if a try a cavalry with rider only or if a try to make a cavalry an infantry (delete rider and use humanoid model instead of the horse) or the opposite?

Thariorn

1. Can you change the number of figures in a unit? I saw nothing about this in the unit editing section, and when I tried to modify those fields that seemed to govern it, I was unable to do so, as those fields seemed locked.

When modifying a unit, you gotta double click on the ‘parent’ field of the figure settings.

That way you can choose from the various existing sqaud-sizes

4. I see that you can modify unit and spell properties; but can you actually delete units and spells out of existence altogether? I mainly want to get rid of Warbreeds (at last!) and ultimate spells.

You can not delete them, but yo can delete their respective Link in, e.g. the Warlord Unit Link Set, to have the Warbreed not appear when starting the game with battle Armies as warlord.
    You would also have to disable/change the Unlock for Wabreeds etc., etc.
    In the same fashion you can also disable Spellsa nd pretty much everything.

It’s quite cumbersome when you’re just starting to work with the tools, but after a bit of time you should be albe to sweep those things way pretty fast.

5. Finally, I am wondering if it is possible to convert certain city defense spells – such as Dragon Oil – into permanent Empire Upgrades.

I guess you’re talking about “If i research Dragon Oil, ALL my cities with X-walls get it”.
    I dunno about that, but you can turn these Enchantments into perm,anent effects probided by buildings.

E.g., Researching Dragon Oil unlocks a strucutre in your Dreadnought cities which applies the Dragon Oil effect.

jsut ahve Stone walls and Dreadnough Building Lvl x as pre-requisites for the Oil Building and it should work.

Maybew Gloweye knows a bit more about this, as he made the Thorn Walls as stone wall replacement for his Elves in the AoW I mod he and BBB are making

Tombles
    Keymaster

Hi, I had several modding questions

1. Yes, I think the link is called something like Figure Formation. It’s in the Unit.
    2. Level up settings are defined in a number of places. The ones you see inside a unit are the ones unique to that unit. I believe both the Tier resource (in Title.rpk) and the Type resource (in AoW_UnitProperties.rpk) also define level up stuff.
    3. No, only cooldowns, once per battle and needs reload are supported
    4. You can’t delete things completely, but you can usually remove them from the game. For Warbreeds and Ultimate Spells, the easiest thing to do would be to mod the skills so they couldn’t be researched. If you remove the produce warbreed skill, you’ll need to change the “produce manticore rider” skill so that it’s unlocked by “produce phalanx”, otherwise it will be locked out too.
    5. The city defense stuff works by giving the city a “City Property”, which is unlocked by buying a city upgrade. You can also link the city property to a player property (I think it’s called “AoW Player Property – City” or something similar). If the player then gets that porperty, all their cities will get the attached city property. You then link the player property to be unlocked by your empire upgrade skill. Look at “War Effort” for an example of a skill that works like this, I think it’s in AoW_SpellTest.rpk or AoW_PlayerClassData.rpk.

For example I put a crossbow to the human archer and set Ranged_Crossbow in Template resolve, but the archer still fire like he has a bow instead of crossbow?

That’s all you should need to do, sounds like you’ve made a mistake somewhere… Giving them the same template resolver as a Dwarf XBowman or a Human Militia should be all that’s needed.

Epaminondas

Could we please be able to edit the nuber of models in a single unit, and change the scale of one model in a unit as well?

100% possible. Someone even tried it yet, though it hasn’t been published.

Ah, excellent. Can that person write a brief instruction, too? 😉

Tombles
    Keymaster

lol, I should just levae all the questions to you guys xD

ryukra

Can you change the number of figures in a unit?

Formation Link is the formation in battle. None is 1 unit. If you can’t change the values, click modify above the properties.

EDIT: Seriously? We all answered that at the same time? 😀

Hide

Hey, is it possible that you forgot to add the icon template? Or am I really blind this time?

Epaminondas

Tharion & Tombles,

Whoah – super-fast replies; thank you very much! I will tinker with them when I get the time later today probably, and if I still have trouble, then get back to the thread!

ryukra

I think he forgot that to. I was wondering about that too. 😀
    Also, Tombles, when do we get our mod forum? =3

Epaminondas

Can you change the number of figures in a unit?

Formation Link is the formation in battle. None is 1 unit. If you can’t change the values, click modify above the properties.

EDIT: Seriously? We all answered that at the same time? 😀

But yours is most helpful, because a picture is worth a thousand words – thanks! 😉

ryukra

Don’t forget to change the preview formation too, it’s also there.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Here it is:

http://aow.triumph.net/data/TemplateSheet_Icons_96x96.psd

I’ll add it to the OP

Hatmage

Can I ask if negative values for healing and brain rot are valid?
    Also, is it at all possible to modify the strength of healing abilties based on the target’s resistance, the attackers ranged strength et cetera? I’ve been looking for ways to work around the lack of an officially desiganted magic channel, and my initial idea of writing physical attacks that hit resistance rather than defence seems impossible.

Also, a thousand thanks for the mod tools.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 442 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.