Modding / V1.7 [OFFICIAL] NOW LIVE

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Modding / V1.7 [OFFICIAL] NOW LIVE

This topic contains 441 replies, has 76 voices, and was last updated by  Tombles 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 442 total)
  • Author

Thariorn

Except I’d win though – eventually!

I dunno, I treid countless times but I always lost
    (Tho my memory is a bit hazzy about that)

Charlatan

Okay, so, since applying smarts did not work, I went for brute force and tried all combinations of options for blender .dae export. It’s definitely a problem with the export script itself.

If you import the blender .dae in Maya 2015 and export it again with the proper .dae settings, it seems to work fine, but I would be surprised if there’s no data loss in that method.

=> BASICALLY Blender users should be able to just send the .dae to Maya users for finalization. Or one of the free .dae converters work / may allow us to fix.

Question: Is there a simple format beside .obj that both can use? I was slightly surprised that Maya couldn’t use 3ds.

Tibbles

Question: Is there a simple format beside .obj that both can use? I was slightly surprised that Maya couldn’t use 3ds.

FBX?

ryukra

I got the exporting with Blender working using Better Collada Exporter from Godot Engine. 🙂

http://www.godotengine.org/projects/godot-engine/documents

(picture of the settings is a couple posts below!)

Charlatan

FBX?

Oh right – checked it out, that should be perfect, thanks tibbles! :>

EDIT:

I got the exporting with Blender working using Better Collada Exporter from Godot Engine.

Damnit I knew It was something small I overlooked! I have the Better Collada Exporter, but forgot that the new Blender needs you to enable plugins separately >.<

It’s always the simple things.

Thanks Ryukra 🙂

ryukra

Okay I think these are the right options, make sure you select the rig after importing it into the contenteditor.

Charlatan

^
    Extra Catnip for this Bakeneko / Nekomata please.

Note: Blender users, be sure to get the export plugin directly from theGoDot page. Simply googling them offers a few out-of-date ones.

Hatmage

I believe Gloweye did something similar with his modified Catapults, in the Ballista mod.

Their attack checks against resistance I think and can therefore miss.

Do they use defence or resistance for miss chance, and if the latter, is it tied to an element, or is it physical protection + resistance?

I can make attacks that check inflict strength against physical protection + defence for a miss chance, or against any elemental protection plus resistance for a miss chance, but not physical + resistance or elemental + defence.

I’m aiming for (ranged) attack strength versus physical protection + resistance for damage done, with no miss chance, with additional spirit damage against incorporeal targets, and apart from the additional spirit damage it isn’t looking doable right now. Though the spirit damage versus incorporeal should be simple.

I could likely set an attack to ignore shields, armour and reinforcement, then increase the damage by ~2, but that’s not a perfect solution.

ryukra

Extra Catnip for this Bakeneko / Nekomata please.

Meooooow! ^w^

Charlatan, can you explain what is wrong with the humanoid rig in blender..? XD I’m not really a blenderexpert~ Are these handles which don’t work in blender and are shown as armatures? Are they really needed or can I clean the example dae?

Charlatan

Meooooow! ^w^

Charlatan, can you explain what is wrong with the humanoid rig in blender..? XD I’m not really a blenderexpert~ Are these handles which don’t work in blender and are shown as armatures? Are they really needed or can I clean the example dae?

Sure, but it’s hard to tell what exactly looks wrong to you.

I assume its the unusual appearance of the bones ?
    Bones

They’re by default set to display as Octahedral, you can just set them to sticks.

Bones 02

At least I assume that is what looks odd to you, because it is the same for me when I use Maya. And… nvm the different window arrangement in blender 😛 Had to have my own.

As for being in the way, why not just hide the armature? (hotkey “H”) Or throw it on a different layer for now (hotkey “M”)

As you surely know, you could delete the armature for now, but that’d only give you extra work 😮

ryukra

Sticks works better, yes. I just don’t know if the bones around the body are for clothing animation? Or the 2 big ones coming from the middle to the sides. ^^’

We need a moddingforum badly. 😀

Zaskow

QUESTION TO THE DEVS.
    Can you add option to mod tools which could change color of equipment or head items, like a figure itself? I tried to implement dwarven mohawk on model, but only black color is accessible. 🙁

Charlatan

Sticks works better, yes. I just don’t know if the bones around the body are for clothing animation? Or the 2 big ones coming from the middle to the sides. ^^’

We need a moddingforum badly.

It seems to be a universal skeleton including all Humanoid alternatives like Exalted and Succubus, that’s why it has extra bones for wings, robes etc.

Spiffy for modding purposes, actually.

If you want to stick with Blender, make sure to adjust it to your needs once you get more used to it. In the blessed spirit of Open Source, it is extremely customizable, you can basically change all controls how you see fit ^^

ryukra

Zaskow, isn’t that already working? Look for a playercolor.dds file. These are called colorize map.
    I think the colorcode is:
    Blue: Skincolor
    Green: First Color
    Red: Second Color

Edit: I do stuff with blender, but not as much as I should. XD A friend is tutor for blender. When I ask him stuff, he can exactly tell me what I have to do. It’s really nice. 😀

solitaryecho

Hey guys, I almost never post on forums, but I just thought I’d say how much I appreciate the devs work on this amazing set of mod tools. I’m sure I speak for the “lurking masses” when I say my friends and I are looking forward to playing with all the mods you guys come up with. Also someone should figure out a way to set a limit on T4 unit production, to spice up those super long games that end up being a sea of Juggernaut spam 😀

Anyhow, thanks to everyone at Triumph and the modding community, now go make some amazing mods!

Also someone should figure out a way to set a limit on T4 unit production, to spice up those super long games that end up being a sea of Juggernaut spam

Well I won’t go into that debate again, but, to delay units, there are several, easy options:

1 – Increase the number of buildings required

2 – Increase the cost of said buildings

3 – Increase the cost of said units

E.G.

In the AoW1 mod, I have put Kharaghs in as the Goblin T4 unit.

I replaced the Grand Palace with Kharagh Holding Pens.

Right now it has the same pre-requisites as a Grand Palace, but you could easily add the T3 Building as a pre-requisite as well.

Infact you could, in theory, add all the Bonus buildings as a pre-requisite as well (i.e. needs Guardhouse, arena etc).

Infact, you could make a brand new building and say that it requires the Grand Palace as a pre-requisite.

Then you could make each building more expensive, which I am experimenting with, e.g. all t1 buildings (barracks etc) to cost about 100 gold, t2 to cost 200 (Temples, Siege shops etc) and t3 to cost 300 (Grand Temples, Item Forges etc.)

Ofcourse, this opens up more avenues for racial assymetry, e.g. Goblin buildings costing less etc etc.

Back to the Kharagh, I’ve attached a population cost to it, currently 1100, so 1000 after the Goblin cost reduction (I haven’t figured out yet how to recruit it in Goblin cities without having the “Goblin” tag, a problem I also have for the Dwarven Hill Giants. I know I’m overlooking something small because machines don’t carry a racial tag…)

So, every Kharagh requires 1000 Goblins, which is an abstract of the building requirements and because in the description I wrote they are caged beings fed all manner of horrible things – including Goblins…

You could do something similar for the Orc Red Dragon, for example.

Lastly, you could just up the price to like 500 a piece.

However, in my view, the most likely thing that will happen is that when you play Emperor, they’ll get T4 units long before you do.

They’ll get them later than they do now (from cities anyway) but you’ll get them even later, so all this would do is extend each phase of the game – now that in and of itself is actually a good thing imho on large + maps.

Then you could adjust the way these units interact, e.g. Shrines rely on devout trait, which they do not have, so massing them is a very clear tradeoff, plus Theocrats don’t have a lot of machine healing usually.

There’s also a field called “build priority” which maybe has an effect.

(I haven’t figured out yet how to recruit it in Goblin cities without having the “Goblin” tag, a problem I also have for the Dwarven Hill Giants. I know I’m overlooking something small because machines don’t carry a racial tag…)

I r stupid.

If anyone else makes the same mistake:

Under unit settings, set race link to whatever you want.

Fingers

Fantastic news about these tools finally being released!

Does anyone know if it would be possible to add altars, like the ones in the original AoW?

ExNihil

So, how about updating the open beta patch to 1.608 without the modding tools but with all the other fixes?

Tombles
    Keymaster

QUESTION TO THE DEVS.
    Can you add option to mod tools which could change color of equipment or head items, like a figure itself? I tried to implement dwarven mohawk on model, but only black color is accessible. 🙁

We can’t really do that Zaskow, it’s kind of technical to explain, but basically we can only make colors darker and not lighter, so if I put it in, then you wouldn’t be able to make a black thing red (you would be able to make a red thing black though). If you want to change the colors on a model, you need to use Photoshop or GIMP to change its texture.

So, how about updating the open beta patch to 1.608 without the modding tools but with all the other fixes?

We can’t do that I’m afraid, and we’re hoping that in a week or 2 it won’t matter.

Also, I notice you managed to get a DMP file, unfortunately I think I need a DMP file from the debug build to be able to use it. It would also help me if I had you DxDiag file, so I can see what kind of system you’re using. Only you and one other person ave complained about it being unstable, so I need to see what’s different about your machine compared to everyone else’s. You can mail it to us if you like!

Teehon

Honestly, I tried, but it looks mediocre for me

I will tell you why I think scyphe is better: you already have Berserker, MH AND Manticore using the axe. Just try to create an army in game which consists of 2 Berserkers, 2 MHs, 1 Warbreed and 1 Manticore and take a look how it seems in game. I think if they all use the same weapons it’s kind of boring.

Halfling Warbreed – the flowers should stay! also is there any weapon which looks less scary? You could give him a sling or something funny 🙂 And an ability to throw boulders with it 🙂

Additional question: is it possible to make Firstborn single figure unit and upscale it a bit? The same about Trolls, Yeti.

Teehon

Also, Zascow, you forgot about Mounted Archers! Personal Request: Goblin MA with Moskito pipes and Dwarven MA with Crossbows 🙂

Thariorn

Additional question: is it possible to make Firstborn single figure unit and upscale it a bit? The same about Trolls, Yeti.

Yes, you can do up/downscale a model in the figure entity and select squad-size in the unit entity

Yes, you can do up/downscale a model in the figure entity and select squad-size in the unit entity

Here’s a picture. See bottom left.

You can choose between small, medium, large and huge.

Tibbles

@ BBB , I’m pretty sure that’s not the right setting, small, medium, large and huge refer to how far they fall/fly when they get hit, I think

Fantastic news about these tools finally being released!

Does anyone know if it would be possible to add altars, like the ones in the original AoW?

Good question. I believe it is.

I’m not sure how (yet) but I know Taykor has done some work making areal strategic spells, so in theory it should be a question of taking said spell and linking it to a strategic map entity.

We already have strategic map entities that link abilities for one battle only (Shrines) so in theory it’s marrying the 2.

@ BBB , I’m pretty sure that’s not the right setting, small, medium, large and huge refer to how far they fall/fly when they get hit, I think

OH? Then which setting? I’d love to know for myself :).

Scale strategic/tactical?

Zaskow

Scale strategic/tactical?

Yep.

Tombles
    Keymaster

You can make the spells that the altar cast, but I don’t think you could actually make the altars themselves. As I recall, pressing the button on the altar would let you cast the spell on a target location, right? I don’t think you can do that.

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 442 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.