My Mammoths keep dying!

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions My Mammoths keep dying!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kwibus 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ultimatum

Playing as Frostlings I’ve observed that Mammoths are usually the first thing to die,either they have massive red target painted on them somewhere,or I’m a really bad frostling player,I mean most other Calvary units survives,but Mammoths go down fairly quickly.

And the sounds they make upon dying are heart breaking!

Gloweye

They have good HP, but terrible Defense. They’re not the bruisers they look like.

You’ll just have to use them a bit more carefully.

cosa65

yup, you definitely need some healer in the stack with them, when they do survive they take forever to heal up

Fenraellis

Also, they kind of do have a target placed on them. Their low Defense causes them to be more likely to be targeted by the AI, due to the AI’s propensity to attempt to deal the most damage possible(with a few caveats, like a preference for targeting heroes when reasonable).

Teehon

They have good HP, but terrible Defense. They’re not the bruisers they look like.

You’ll just have to use them a bit more carefully.

Actually, they are. If you are able to boost their defenses (using spells or buffs), they are super powerful.
    A mammoth with Stoneskin on it is a terrible thing to have to fight against.

llfoso

IMO they ought to get fast healing, at least on a medal.

Looking back to before EL released I can see why I expected mammoths to be OP, and how wrong I was. Ah, the hubris of ignorance.

Anyway, if you have healing (Theocrat or Necro leader, accompanying humans/dwarves/halflings, theocrat/archdruid/warlord heroes), and a way to boost their defense (keeper’s creed, shield of dispassion, some stack leader bonuses and various combat spells) they become quite mighty.

kwibus

They die fast indeed, but if you care for them they can be great. Auto-combat is devastating for them though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.