Mystic Places of Athla

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Mystic Places of Athla

This topic contains 48 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Fikol 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Charlatan

Jaduggar

instead of uploading these in URL tags… upload them in IMG tags…

otherwise, good stuff 🙂

EDIT: actually… “good stuff” is kind of under stating it… these are fucking pretty o_o

Charlatan

instead of uploading these in URL tags… upload them in IMG tags…

Hrrrm… Hrrch.. Yes Masterrr… Chhrrr… This one obeyed. *snarl*

Tibbles

Very nice 😀

Khelle

I like Lost Sanctuary and Seal Pt 3 the most 🙂

llfoso

Woah…is this a scenario? That’s gorgeous.

Charlatan

Woah…is this a scenario? That’s gorgeous.

It’s from various maps from the campaign I am working on.

Gloweye

Tell me when that campaign’s ready…are you planning to wait for the expansion with it.

Helgrind

Dreamlike images.. I especially like the Lost Sanctuary. Beautiful work!

Charlatan

Tell me when that campaign’s ready…are you planning to wait for the expansion with it.

Honestly, I don’t think I could ever finish it before expansion release anyway, not due to mapping – but because it is story-heavy and I must still create all the campaign briefing artworks myself, which I only just learned.

Though Age of Wonders would allow episodic handling (max level heroes are reached quickly after all) hm…

Ravenholme

Looking very good, and I’m excited for the campaign ;D

Arlow

great stuff, an artist with the editor, impressive

Flenoom

Excellent work and great idea! Editor features can be used to create artistic images – I like it so much!

Charlatan

Excellent work and great idea! Editor features can be used to create artistic images – I like it so much!<br>
    (image)

Hah! That was unexpected xD nice one

Charlatan

Also thanks guys and girls for the kind words, the quick replies surprised me a bit, and motivated me to fire up the Editor once more 😛

Sloul

Nice maps!

Charlatan

Actually I have to add, SOME features I consider essential are impossible at the moment.

One is custom Empire Upgrades. My campaign takes irregular turns featuring hero/adventure maps without cities, in which the constant “next turn” is rather irritating. In these, I want to have an inherent empire upgrade increasing strategic map movepoints.

Charlatan

Seeking the end of eternity, many individuals of power have passed through all dimensions, left all realities behind them, to find the true end, the furthest distant place in the endless void. Some of them eventually arrived, finding a pitch-black fissure bathed in red light.

When looking into this fissure, this hole beyond all eternity, you find two small menacing dots, two round, wide eyes, staring back at you, unmoving and unblinking, shattering even the nerves and minds of gods when looked into long enough.

http://www.charlatan.at/Images/AOWArray/Screenshot_MirroredGaze.jpg

Also: Welcome to Szarash, the floating city:

http://www.charlatan.at/Images/AOWArray/Screenshot_SzarashArrayArray.jpg

Ravenholme

Those are absolutely bloody fantastic.

Damn.

Charlatan

Another little update:

Witch Circle

Winter Everglade

Tetzer

Sweet Jesus that looks amazing, and I especially love the look of the Winter Everglade. I definitely cant wait to see the end product.

Ravenholme

Neither can I 😉

How on earth did you make mirrored gaze, are you using a custom environment set?

Ive not used roads as a visual element so far, ive went out of way to ensure they fit the world and look good, but ive only used them for practical purposes! …. thats about to change! 😛

Charlatan

How on earth did you make mirrored gaze, are you using a custom environment set?

It is using a stock environment set. Those included in the game can already be used – the Shadow Portal, Banishing Circle and all 3 Seal Screenshots do that too.

To hide the lower bodies of the torches that much – that was actually a temporary glitch. If I load the map again, the stalks below are slightly visible.

If I load the map again, the stalks below are slightly visible.

An interesting bug in the engine (that i dont want to mention too much in case it gets removed lol) involves sculpting the land.

If you place a decoration on a leveled piece of land and then raise the land, the decoration doesn’t go up as fast as the land does, and you can thus partially hide most decorations (colonades, glows, etc) but also many structures like nodes.

That could do something similar for you if you cant replicate your bug.

Charlatan

Ah? Nice, I had been wondering.
    This also works with Seals of Hermaton by the way.

AZJaguar

I would love to play this as well when you get it finished.

But one question about this- Is it going to be a certain character forced play or will the story fit a custom character as well?

Charlatan

But one question about this- Is it going to be a certain character forced play or will the story fit a custom character as well?

A campaign with a self-made character? That’s a really curious idea AZJaguar, I wonder if it is possible.

Alas, this one has fixed characters, but it is a rather large cast and eventually all classes should be represented. But: Sorcerer, Rogue and Dreadnought will be somewhat dominant, as there are 3 clear Main Characters.

A campaign with a self-made character? That’s a really curious idea AZJaguar, I wonder if it is possible.

Oddly enough, that is exactly what my campaign is.

Well.. that is to say you start off as a hero using the leaderless option and then over the course of “campaign” (atm its only 4 maps per play through as 7 of the maps are dependant on the class you chose to play as lol) your class is chosen for you as you make decisions in during the campaign. It is supposed to simulate the MC becoming what the player wants him to be.

Burn and pillage and you become a warlord, focus on the magical side of things and you become a sorc/druid. Meet up with Narvek (yes named after the Dev :P) and follow his quest line to become a necromancer, etc

Charlatan

Oddly enough, that is exactly what my campaign is.

Intriguing! A rather unusual concept for this genre.

My own is quite different, but similarly eccentric. A heavy focus on atmosphere and story of fixed characters, though with player decisions. Probably more dialogue than some people want, though custom Campaignscreens help. But well, thanks to my beta tester, I can see to it not becoming a visual novel, but fun on the gameplay side 😛

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.