Necromancer – some units aren't ghouled by default in cities/summoned

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Necromancer – some units aren't ghouled by default in cities/summoned

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Gloweye 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

notme

I’m messing around with shadowborn master necromancer (could pick destruction adept for triple 6 in evil).

I noticed that while trebutchet is ghouled by default battering ram isn’t.
    Same with goblin reanimator and death bringer.

Same with all summoned units.

Leon Feargus

Machines should not be ghouls at all (there is a mod out there that does this). If the trebuchet is a ghoul, I think that must be a bug.

Reanimators and Deathbringers are class units. They are undead but not ghouls.

I don’t think summons are supposed to be ghouls by default. You can ghoulify them by drinking from the well of souls or by researching Harbingers of Death and keep them in a hero-stack.

Windscion

Ghouled units are simply normal units with the ghoul template, increasing resistance to blight and adding vulnerability to fire and spirit.
    Hellhounds are ghouled. (Frostling Necromancer campaign first scenario.)
    Elementals and undead cannot be ghouled; likewise, I believe, incorporeal units. Also Machine units, which I thought Trebs were.
    Reanimators and DBs are undead class units, so they don’t have un-ghouled counterparts.

notme

Ah so ghouled units are just more flammable and blightproof.
    They also don’t have morale modifiers.

Windscion

Ghouled cities lack morale modifiers. Ghouled units do have some morale modifiers — Puppet Master (? not sure of name) — raises morale of all undead units in a Necro’s empire. But they are unaffected by most morale modifiers, which is true of undead in general.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Windscion.

Gloweye

Hellhounds are ghouled. (Frostling Necromancer campaign first scenario.)

Not by default. You’ve probably drank from a well of souls with them.

Summoned units aren’t ghouled. Machines also shouldn’t be, and otherwise you should make a bug report.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.