New dwelling Idea: Troll Kingdom

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions New dwelling Idea: Troll Kingdom

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Thariorn 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Gamling

The troll kingdom would look like a thick old forest with a mountain in the middle where a cave entrance is visible. The kingdom can only be attacked with one stack at the time like some other locations. On the battle map it is a cave system with a big hall in the middle where the battle takes place. The attackers gets cursed with a morality penalty because of the scary nature of the place.

The troll units all gets regrowth, evil, blight protection and fire weakness and night vision. I wish they would look less like ogres, like the existing troll, and more like in old fary tails or Scandinavian mythology troll

Here is some suggestions for units:
    Forest troll (Irregular T1):
    A smaller kind of troll with range attacks and forest concealment, walking besides the usual troll stuff. Perhaps with the ability to put out traps on battle map that pins and does small damage.

Troll brute or Troll warrior (T3) (monster)
    The games existing troll.

Stone troll (T3)
    A large slow troll that have lots of armor and hit points, armored, mountain concealment, mountain walking,cave crawling, spirit weakness and have wall crushing.

Troll king or king under the mountain (T4)
    Besides being a strong fighter does the king cause fear and can cast panic, but its special ability is to turn gold, which will by touch turn any living unit to gold. Turned units are frozen and can be dispeled during the fight. If not dispeld is the unit lost and the troll king owner gains a sum of gold dependent on tier.

Ilaro

Trolls should have bridge concealment!

Aennor

You sir, you’ve made my evening xD

Ericridge

If troll kingdom dwelling ever get implemented.. first thing I will do is acquire six of them and place them onto a bridge. And wait for some random ai to wander by.

Aennor

If troll kingdom dwelling ever get implemented.. first thing I will do is acquire six of them and place them onto a bridge. And wait for some random ai to wander by.

I will play with Finntroll (with rare adds of Herr Mannelig, by In Extremo) in my audio forever than 😀

wish they would look less like ogres, like the existing troll, and more like in old fary tails or Scandinavian mythology

especially in that case

grumpysmurf

each troll will have an inherit +10 posting skill.

Thariorn

And a new trait called
    ‘This is my bridge!’
    Which grants + X * 2 Dmg to ALL channels, but lowers the Def + Res by X.

Afterall, you’d be pretty pissed if some Golbin suddenly walked around your rooftop

Aennor

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ilaro wrote:</div>

And a new trait called<br>
    ‘This is my bridge!’<br>
    Which grants + X * 2 Dmg to ALL channels, but lowers the Def + Res by X.

Afterall, you’d be pretty pissed if some Golbin suddenly walked around your rooftop

And also ‘Unpredictable’ trait – each combat round troll can do something unpredictable enough 😀

Gloweye

And when you lose a battle to trolls, you haer an annoying sound of laughter.

But seriously, I kind of like the idea. There’d need to be care that it doesn’t become a Giant double, with just big units, or a naga double, with just all regrowth. Also, they’d need a bit of inherent fire weakness.

Aren’t trolls classed as Giantkin?

Thariorn

Aren’t trolls classed as Giantkin?

In the LevelEd unit lists, yeah.

In game they just roll with Monster as far as I know (Even thou their lore states them being interbreeds between Gaints and humnoids, thus they’Re Giantkin…like Ogres and Yetis)

I should say I’d prefer them to be rolled into the Giant’s Dwelling, like Ogres…

Fogcrow

… according to AoW1 Lore, they once had Kingdoms, but their stubidity led them to the brink of extinction… they can be outsmarted even by normal animals

Thariorn

… according to AoW1 Lore, they once had Kingdoms, but their stubidity led them to the brink of extinction… they can be outsmarted even by normal animals

Well, the AoW I to AoW:SM Trolls are a different kind if I got this right.

So,maybe re-introducing old cave trolls in a ‘Beastmen and other stuff’-Dwelling?

And yes, those Cavetrolls should get Bridge Concealment, Take Toll (If an enemy unit without true sight crosses the bridge, the owner of said unit has to pay X gold or combat against the concealed units is startet whilst incurring a debuff fo some sort [party-wide slow/disgusting stench]) and This is my Bridge, beat it! (An active skills, which let’s the Cavetroll rap/sing and inflict spirit dmg with his bad voice [And stench])

Other units for said Dwelling could inlcude:
    -Kharags as T4
    -Minotaurs
    -Centaurs (Although they may be too goody-good)
    -Satyrs (The mischivieous kind of the greek mythology, which like to drink and party)
    -Gnolls (Because why not 😕 )
    -Beastling (T1 unit which has one of X random trait-sets(And statmodifiers) on the basis of set attack.defense,resistance,hp statistics….stuff like young minotuars, young trolls, young satyrs….you get the idea…each time you rpdouce a Beastling, the game chooses one of the X skill and stat-sets for your Beastling unit, so a stack of 6 Beastlings could inlcude young Minotaurs, young Trolls, young Satyrs…each with slightly different stats aswell as with other active and passive skills)
    -Chimera (Conjoined Lion/Goat head with as Snake as its tail,spews fire/acid)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.