New Video: Tigran & Unity Victory

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions New Video: Tigran & Unity Victory

This topic contains 56 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  llfoso 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 27 posts - 31 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Nyanko

4 days to go! And thanks Tombles for this nice video!

Athei

Isn’t Tropical Empire spell a Fire Master spell or am I missing something? Because you only have fire adept here but still have the spell?

Gloweye

Ti-grans (short Ti) seems to be the official way to pronounce it, since even the campaign messages use it. Gonna take a bit of getting used to for me..

Nyanko

Ti-grans (short Ti) seems to be the official way to pronounce it, since even the campaign messages use it. Gonna take a bit of getting used to for me..

Seems more like the best pronunciation is ‘Kitty Cats’ actually 😀

Personally I will most likely end up calling them Khajiit. Too much RPG gaming…

Tombles
    Keymaster

Isn’t Tropical Empire spell a Fire Master spell or am I missing something? Because you only have fire adept here but still have the spell?

I was cheating 😀

Also, 25% of 30 is not 4. What’s up with that?<br>
    Either some numbers aren’t behaving as intended, or the layout of that Experience UI has severe problems.

Yeah, there was a bug in that calculation that’s now been fixed!

gilgamesh0

Oh my God what a beautifull music ; . ;

terrahero

Seems more like the best pronunciation is ‘Kitty Cats’ actually

Ha yes. I think we found the dev that really likes cats.

MarcusT

So can’t wait for the expansion to be available on gog – looks awesome and can’t wait to play the new races.

Motasa

Oh my God what a beautifull music ; . ;

I really want to know from the devs if those with the Deluxe Edition will get the extended soundtrack (with the six(?) tracks added in Golden Realms and the new music of Eternal Lords). Last time, in a dev journal, they mentioned they hoped to include the new tracks. The AoWIII-soundtrack in my music library feels incomplete without those new tracks… 🙁

Athei

Athei wrote:

I was cheating 😀

Oh, haha, too bad I was hoping all terrain change spells became adept 🙂

Draxynnic

Why doesn’t the sphinx have the -1 resistance? It has 11 resistance just like all the other T3s.

As Fen implied, it’s because they’re more magical than other tier 3s. This counteracts the tigran penalty.

for a racial goverance military level to grant Tigran units the ability to bounce around on they’re tails.

You mean Pounce? 😛

(More seriously, I’d have to admit I was surprised at the pronunciation myself.)

Very funny and cool video! Behind fun it is also informative to see some ‘not-the-best-tactics’.

yadrian wrote:
    Rebels appear EACH TURN BEHIND THE WALL… OP spell rly.

it’s not a SPELL. It’s a betrayal mechanic. It does not matter by wich way you would bring a city to betrayal.

To give an example: I had a city rush production of a wall, because I expected to be attacked. Next turn I got attacked and was betrayed by my own city (they became too unhappy because of the rushing of production). FYI this was in patch 1.5-beta.

DadouXIII

Tuesday can’t come fast enough 😀

llfoso

Prowlers…I’m confused.

They have the stats of a T2 infantry (roughly the same as a berserker) but are still only T1?

Prowlers…I’m confused.

They have the stats of a T2 infantry (roughly the same as a berserker) but are still only T1?

And they’re produced from the War Hall apparently. Very strange.

Ferrin

Think of them as T2’s with volunteer. How strong are Warg Riders compared to them?

Prowlers…I’m confused.

They are wonderful :).

Uploading LP, in which I base my plan around them.

Yeah, one on one, Berserker will win, but Prowlers are much more “spammable” for lack of a better word).

On the other hand, their Cavalry is arguably worse than anyone else’s at being actual Cavalry, and indeed often feel like faster, ranged, Irregulars.

llfoso

Think of them as T2′s with volunteer. How strong are Warg Riders compared to them?

Warg riders have better base defense and resistance, but prowlers have a load of advantages (better damage, improved wall climbing, concealment, predator, bloodthirsty, martial arts, happy in two terrain types, coup-de-grace, price reduction from patron upgrade). Also with 32 MP and athletics they’ll have the same movement on the battlefield.

If they were T2s with volunteer at bronze, I might find it more reasonable. You can’t produce warg riders at bronze until you get your T3 building. T2s also gain medals slower. Besides, volunteer on bronze is one of the goblin’s key strengths. Tigrans also having it but an even better version is a kick in the nuts.

So are you proposing an upkeep increase?

Or a simple base cost increase?

I can see 70 gp base cost working, which would make them cost the same as Shredders.

Their downside is that the Support they need is much slower than them and they do just melee damage.

They have rubbish resistance as well, and no charge.

Anything ranged will hurt them, anything ranged + elemental will do so even more.

And Tigrans versus Goblins would be an awesome fight :). Blight damage, versus melee power.

llfoso

Well, I have to get my hands on it before I draw a verdict. I am probing for more information now. It just really looks to me like they should be a t2.

But you say they cost less than 70 gold? Holy cow.

They are, atm, the outstanding Tigran unit imho. Atm they cost 60 gold.

Every race has at least one unit that stands out as being amazing.

For example, Orcs get Shocktroopers and BlackKnights.

Dwarves get…well everything!

Elves get amazing Archers, Unicorns and Gryphon Riders.

Goblins get Darters, Untouchables (imho arguably the most effective irregular) and Beetle Riders (which are underrate).

Frostlings get fast, concealed Infantry with demolisher, paralysing Archers, freezing irregulars, pain absorbing Pikemen (who can get lifestealing) who explode on death, nice Support units and a hge hp Cavalry.

Humans do everything well, but Knights are total beasts.

etc.

llfoso

I understand. But the units you’ve named are all still comfortably within the power category for their tier. Shocktroopers and knights aren’t on level with T4s. Swarm darters and longbowmen aren’t anywhere close to t2 archers (mounted archers is what I’m thinking of. They might be close to muskets since the musket nerf.). Unicorn riders aren’t practically T3s.

Again, I need to wait and see for myself. But if a unit truly is above its tier then I think it needs to be considered.

Well suggestion has been passed up to increase cost and upkeep, make them actual t2 units.

llfoso

Passed up meaning the suggestion was made and they rejected it?

Passed up meaning the suggestion was made and they rejected it?

No, meaning I put it in the beta forums about half an hr ago.

llfoso

Oh, well thank you 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 31 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.