new vids on youtube this am

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions new vids on youtube this am

This topic contains 90 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  melkathi 9 years ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 91 total)
  • Author

AwesomeLion

Some sharp analysis. We’re getting closer to beta, but not everything is done of course.

Be-be-be-be-beeetaa? =3 Pre-order? Yes? Will pay lots, take my money please? =D

The raptor looked wicked and I like how the Draconians look. Very, half-breed-esq =p

In regards to specializations – any class can get access to any spells? My dreadnaught can toss fireballs if he picks up fire mastery? How would this work with class specific spells?

Thanks for roaming the forums Lennart and sorry about my quirps about your play through – it’s in good spirit I promise =3

Great vid! Thumbs up for the developers!
    One short moment I forgot it was a video and I wanted to select a party in-order to do something useful (instead of talking 🙂 ). I want to explore, adventure and conquer! Already addicted…

TheSpeaker

Great vid! Thumbs up for the developers!<br>
    One short moment I forgot it was a video and I wanted to select a party in-order to do something useful (instead of talking :) ). I want to explore, adventure and conquer! Already addicted…

Haha, I did that too. During my 2nd viewing of the vid I tried to scroll back to look at something and realised I was watching a video, much to my dissapointment.

At some point the woman in the demo placed her mouse over the ‘Draconian’ icon and it gave the old description of the race from AoW 2 and SM. Hopefully that’s just a placeholder.

Also, I hope the dev team fill in the description for ‘Evolve’. Obviously it’s not complete, but don’t forget it for when it is :p Looking really great though. Only makes me want this game more 🙁

Tomipapa

- Specializations; yep there are now two picks per sphere. Adept and Mastery, each giving access to a number of spells.

And how much specializations can you choose in the beginning? In this presentation she choosed 3 adept(wondering if you can choose 1 master+1 adept instead), but in you gamestar presentation you had 5 specializations from the beginning(earth,water,destruction,expander,explorer). Also, if i choose water adept how will i get water master? By leveling my leader or by research?

AwesomeLion

I’d also like to point out something that Djurre van Dijk said that does not relate to the actual gameplay shown. Djurre said that during the battle at the magical node that only the opponent benefitet from the healing properties of the node, however you can clearly see the Wisp of the player benefitting from the heal twice during the combat. Is this because it’s an old build or was Djurre wrong? I’m hoping for the latter XD

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>

One other thing that irked me were the oversized halberd heads. I know it’s to make the unit more recognizable but at least slightly smaller axe blades would make it look a lot better I think.

The oversized weapons on all troops are a bit off-putting. Just check out those Civic Guards and their tree-sized rapiers.

TheDio

Amazing video,I’m super excited about this game :p I’ve being playing aow: sm with my friends for 4 months straight just to calm down the rush i feel, hehe xD we all really cant wait, and allow me to say that you have done an amazing job.

P.S Would there be a way to turn-off “tips” especially in combat? I remember it existed in HOMM 3, and it wouldn’t give you all details when fighting or some of them. I do not really know why, but I think many would like such an option.

AwesomeLion

I bought the AoW1 and 2 from GoG just to support the developers. Watched the video 4 times now, can’t wait. And beta soon too <3

Arlow

they uploaded an interview this morning

Tomipapa

Thnx Arlow! Sadly nothing really new for someone who following the development from the beginning. I’m happy they kept the throne room idea. No more tower spamming!

Red Key

Djurre said that during the battle at the magical node that only the opponent benefitet from the healing properties of the node, however you can clearly see the Wisp of the player benefitting from the heal twice during the combat. Is this because it’s an old build or was Djurre wrong? I’m hoping for the latter XD

I noticed that too. I don’t really mind if it applies to all or just one side, but I think it gives you more strategic options to help you win the battle if it applies to all.

RedDino

I really come to a point now where I get sleepless about the game!!! I catch myself thinking about combos, ideas for maps, etc. AAAAAAARGH! LET ME PLAY THAT GAME!!!
    As others discribed, I also wanted to take over control during that vid.
    So, as always: can´t wait,can´t wait,can´t wait,can´t wait, please let me preorder and play beta, that would be as Homer Simpson says: <head back, tongue out> *AARGL*

Kane

so beta is not far away i was still thinking will beta be included in pre-order or not? and if yes what will be the cost of da game 60$ or more?

Ice Age

I remember that one of the discussion we had about the Dreadnought video was about starting a battle in a scattered formation for your army so all your units wont be instantly hit by AOF spells befor you could do any thing, and i’ve just noticed that all who was pro this got what they wanted! In all the battles in this video the units was initialy much more scattered then in the dreadnought video!

Just thought it was worth mentioning, and it seems the devs really listening to feedbacks from the forum. 😉

vfxrob

That video was epic! i had my fix to tie me over for the next month!

– The game includes a bunch of pre-made head shapes and textures per race. Possibly it can be extended with modding but advanced 3d modelling skills are needed.<br>

We can mod characters :D!!!!!!!!!

Knight9910

Some things I like from the interview:

* Leaders can lead from the front. I always disliked how my leader in AoW:SM had to sit back in his tower while his people fought and died on the fields. Glad to see my leader can actually lead now.

* Leaders respawn in the Throne Room, which you can only ever have one of. THANK YOU! I so hated that in AoW:SM, where I would go through some epic battle to take out my enemy only to have to do it again and again and AGAIN because it turns out they have 20-something wizard towers scattered all across the map.

NEHZ

I remember that one of the discussion we had about the Dreadnought video was about starting a battle in a scattered formation for your army so all your units wont be instantly hit by AOF spells befor you could do any thing, and i’ve just noticed that all who was pro this got what they wanted! In all the battles in this video the units was initialy much more scattered then in the dreadnought video!

Just thought it was worth mentioning, and it seems the devs really listening to feedbacks from the forum. ;)

I didn’t even notice that o.o
    Well spotted!

TheSpeaker

Just thought it was worth mentioning, and it seems the devs really listening to feedbacks from the forum. ;)

Definitely looks that way. I didn’t notice the formations until it was mentioned either, which makes me feel kind of bad, but I’m still happy it’s there 🙂

I also think the Throne Room is a great idea. Not only signifying that you can respawn but also driving home the fact that you are a leader with a capital city. I don’t know why but that idea appeals to me.

I also wished I could have taken my Wizards to battle with me in AoW2 and SM. Yes, some leaders are more your traditional sit in the castle king or queen, but other leaders march to the front with their armies, historically speaking and in the realms of fantasy. I like the idea of both, so I’m glad I can actually have both types of leaders now.

Also, is it me, or did anyone else notice how the animations have gotten a lot better? I got the impression that they were a bit more fluid and natural this time round, although I could also be blinded with how much I want this game and how awesome I already think it is :p

Knight9910

I did not notice the animations, no. It seems the same to me?

Also, agreed about the scattered formation. I also didn’t notice it until it was mentioned, but now that it’s pointed out I’m glad they did that!

I always found it obnoxious to get smacked with that first turn Cosmic Spray in AoW:SM. Glad to see we’ll have some protection against that.

TheSpeaker

I did not notice the animations, no. It seems the same to me?

Haha, yep, probably just me then.

11balanced

Another change since the Dreadnought video: the morale indicating face right to the leader portrait and the ‘Yin-Yang’ sign left to it (down-left corner of the global map). I think last one can be that ‘dynamic alignment’ or reputation, which now depends on your actions.

Knight9910

Another change since the Dreadnought video: the morale indicating face right to the leader portrait and the ‘Yin-Yang’ sign left to it (down-left corner of the global map). I think last one can be that ‘dynamic alignment’ or reputation, which now depends on your actions.

Most likely. I wonder what the face would be, then? Stack morale for whatever stack you have selected? Overall unit morale? Leader approval rating? (Well, I doubt it’s the last one. This isn’t Civilization.)

Tomipapa

In the Nymph topic the devs revealed that the Sorceror can summon one of the most powerful unit of the game, a great horror from another world, and some people wondered what kind of monster is it. Now you can look at him or at least his icon it’s called Eldritch Horror and costs 224 mana crystal and spell point. You can see it at 12:04 or in this picture.

Eldritch

Fogcrow

Just watched the video^^.
    Some additional infos you get, if you understand German:
    On entering enemy terretory your movement points are reduced to zero, so the other player can react.
    There is a prediction on the screen just before the fight at the node: probable victory. Such predictions doesn’t factor in casting points.
    there was probably more, but I grew lazy taking notes…

TheSpeaker

Just watched the video^^.<br>
    Some additional infos you get, if you understand German:<br>
    On entering enemy terretory your movement points are reduced to zero, so the other player can react.<br>
    There is a prediction on the screen just before the fight at the node: probable victory. Such predictions doesn’t factor in casting points.<br>
    there was probably more, but I grew lazy taking notes…

Thanks for the extra info 🙂

What did she mention about mirror cities, if you know? Unless she just translated it differently when she mentioned it in English.

Fogcrow

You´re welcome^^.

When the city is taken, its mirror city gets destroyed. I think its a special feature of this particular scenario.

Zozma

-I am not liking the appearance of draconians. They don’t look dragon enough. Was the draconian art from previous games just ignored when creating draconians for AoW3?

I like what I’m seeing! I guess the only thing I’d want more of is a tad more visual bang for certain spells, like thunderstorm.

Draconian

edit: above image doesn’t seem to work. Here is the link.

I’m really not sure what you’re getting at, here. I’m not sure how the dragonians could look any more “dragon” without actually being dragons, nor do I see much of a difference in the artwork save for the muzzle length.

Draxynnic

The muzzle length is the main thing, really, and the apparent lack of tails in the new models. Oh, and that it seems they’ve gone the route WOTC did with 4E and given female draconians prominent mammaries.

Problem is, this all takes them away from what a lot of people think of as draconians and brings them into “rubber forehead” territory. To my eyes the look more demonic than draconic, and given that there’s no mention of blending with mammals in their origin, they really shouldn’t look any more human-like than needed in order to be able to stand upright and wield weapons.

Knight9910

WOTC at least was justified in having the Dragonborn have mammalian traits because Dragonborn used to be humanoids, or at least in 3.5 they did. They were humanoid servants of Bahamut who underwent a “rebirth” ritual to become half-dragon.

As for this game, I agree that Draconians having tits is kind of silly. As for their human-like posture and lack of muzzles, I’m guessing this is to make it easier to dress them up.

iCRIHFIELD

-I am not liking the appearance of draconians. They don’t look dragon enough. Was the draconian art from previous games just ignored when creating draconians for AoW3?

Draconian

edit: above image doesn’t seem to work. Here is the link.

I’m with you on that. I really dislike the draconians in this game, but I’ll still buy it. They just don’t look like dragons, or even remotely close, they look more like the evil fatu-krey aliens from “galaxy quest” went medieval.

I hope modding support is extensive, maybe we’ll be able to replace models with our own.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.