NPC Cosmic Events

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions NPC Cosmic Events

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  BB Shockwave 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Wallthing

Wouldn’t it be neat if these guys could, upon taking a city, become a new AI leader? Probably a nightmare or impossible to code, but still – really cool.

Possibly they could act like a leader – expand, deliberately take more cities, etc., while not having to shoehorn them into the diplomacy UI & such. Might be easier to program that way. Or not.

NPCs from cosmic events are probably my favorite of the bunch. Least favorite is Planetary Alignment; that one always turns up on the last turn of my bloody research. XD Night of the Angry Gods is fun – plays merry hell with anything you’re trying to do beyond construction.

zealot83

I like the hero’s too and it would be cool but hard to make possibly.And what is up with planetary alignment rarely ever see that one.

BB Shockwave

I dunno, I only encountered that Dreadnougt Dwarf dude who is level 20 (!!!) and could fire cannons – ended up converting him, but I expect he would have steamrolled any AI he encountered if he had a town.

Wallthing

I like the hero’s too and it would be cool but hard to make possibly.And what is up with planetary alignment rarely ever see that one.

Really? I see it almost once per game on normal events settings; I was starting to assume it is common.

I haven’t experienced the Rise of the Machines yet. The others I have. Fighting the necromancer was hell – IIRC she had… well, I won’t spoil the fun.

Sir Toine

the rogue is the coolest of all.
    All my draconian scoundrels look up to him, an inspiration for us all.

Also, I would love to see a Troll Kingdom.
    No. Better.
    A Troll Empire.

BB Shockwave

Do these happen normally too, or just if you open a Pandora’s Box?

Oddly enough, cosmic events kept happening in my random map game up until Turn 60 or so, now I am around 88 and nothing happened since Rise of the Machines (which was a Pandora’s Box event).
    There have been some festivals of Good or whatever the name is (gives evil slayer ability) but I believe those come from towns, right?

Btw, these neutral heroes and their armies… they attack anyone or just whoever opened the Pandora’s box? The Dwarf Dreadnougt had like 4-5 armies, most of them 4 units (cannons, trebuchets, flame tanks, engineers) and they appeared randomly but all within the borders of my kingdom. Do they normally appear like that, all over the place, or centralized too?

Gloweye

There have been some festivals of Good or whatever the name is (gives evil slayer ability) but I believe those come from towns, right?

Correct

Btw, these neutral heroes and their armies… they attack anyone or just whoever opened the Pandora’s box?

Everyone.

The Dwarf Dreadnougt had like 4-5 armies, most of them 4 units (cannons, trebuchets, flame tanks, engineers) and they appeared randomly but all within the borders of my kingdom. Do they normally appear like that, all over the place, or centralized too?

IIRC, they should spawn much more armies(depending on map size), and should be spread over the map.

BB Shockwave

It was a Large Map… maybe there were other armies elsewhere that the other 4 AI players dealt with. The hero himself spawned right smack down middle of the whole map – next to a newly annexed High Elf town. I quickly evacuated it but oddly, he didn’t conquer it, he instead rushed to fight my closest arriving hero. I used this to lure him further away until two other armies of mine arrived too and it was a piece of cake from there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.