other games

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Off Topic/General Discussion other games

This topic contains 130 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  buenos dias 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 131 total)
  • Author

Thariorn

Well, I’ve watched some Vids of it.

The build-editor seems like a solid mechanic, but after the 12 Stages I’ve seen, I doubt that much new in terms of content is happening any time soon.But it’s cool you can build a flying Ship with enough propeller-sawblades switched horizontal 😀

Tibbles

I’m definetly picking up Besiege when I’ve cleared my Steam backlog a bit, it looks really fun and it’s cheap 😀

Don’t think I can beat some of the designs people made though
    http://imgur.com/gallery/zyQ2X

llfoso

Besiege looks more like a proof-of-concept than a full game to me. I’m waiting on medieval engineers instead and then it’s catapults galore 😀

Was a fun game for my first 100-ish hours, but after the gap between launch and the first content-patch I couldn’t get back into it :S

I also bought it at release and initially only got 100 hours out of it, same as you. But since 1.1 and 1.2 there is probably ten times as much content as there was at launch, no joke. I highly recommend taking it for a spin again.

Kaiosama TLJ

Speaking of Indie, any other Terraria peeps out there? I’m waiting on update 1.3, which is coming soonish…1.1 and 1.2 were both so massive it was basically like getting a whole new game for free. I’ll probably get another 200 hours out of it.

Yep, got more than 400 hours.

I’ve have a Warrior character with all endgame gear. Well, at least at the moment, who knows what they will add in 1.3.

llfoso

I have over 500 hours and still don’t have all the endgame gear. But most of my hours are pre-1.2 and I think the pumpkin and frost moon events are too tedious,so I haven’t bothered farming them completely.

Tibbles

Started playing the tutorial of Endless Legend, then this happened

Game looks great so far, not a fan of the UI though, can’t quite put my finger on why.

Hey there,

have any of you guys looked into the game Besieged?<br>
    Do you think it is worth getting or is it just a short joy?<br>
    The gameplay videos look like lots of fun, but I’m afraid that it’ll be over way too soon and not really worth its money…

Well for £4.99…

I bought it, and it will hopefully amuse the missus. She liked the angry pigs thing for my Kindle, so this is similar, just shinier and nicer.

Thariorn

just shinier and nicer.

MORGOR

NuMetal

Well for £4.99…

I bought it, and it will hopefully amuse the missus. She liked the angry pigs thing for my Kindle, so this is similar, just shinier and nicer.

Hehe, I saw you were playing it yesterday. You do know that we’ll expect to see your most impressive creations soon, right? 😉

Kaiosama TLJ

I have over 500 hours and still don’t have all the endgame gear. But most of my hours are pre-1.2 and I think the pumpkin and frost moon events are too tedious,so I haven’t bothered farming them completely.

Some of the weapons that Duke Fishron drops are quite good on those events.

It’s hard to do them alone though because you need to kill lots of monsters faster to go to the next wave, and all of that has to be made on the in-game night cycle. I know how to do a “bunker” that works wonders to farm the Pumpkin Moon and the Frost Moon, but it requires traps from the Temple. (especially Spike Ball Traps)

I managed to get to the last wave of the Pumpkin Moon alone, but didn’t got to much far on the Frost Moon, even though I got the spear from it.

Started playing the tutorial of Endless Legend, then this happened

They spinning right round like a record baby.

Yelok

God´s Sake, KoF 2002 UM buttons are better mapped. Recommended for arcade players.

Thariorn

Concerning Besieged:
    Yesterday I was at a friend of mine who pretty much fan-boyed me to death with his Besieged-stories, so I tried it and, well,y eah, uhm, it’s like I’m 12 again playing with LEGO, well maybe not as bloody 😀

Btw. anyone playing/interested in Pathea’s Planet Explorers?

It’s a voxel-based sandbox-survival game (With actual Story-mode) and has some nice features like, say, creating/designing your own item/buildings/vehicles/textures ingame for use ingame.
    It’s reminding me of Outcast, if anyone remebers that 😀
    It’s still in EA tho, so I’ll just link to the free DEMO, which is not linked on their Steam-Page

I’m rather glued to my screen after their last update, tho I’m eagerly awating 0.9 to finally have it work properly with 64-bit systems ~

llfoso

it’s like I’m 12 again playing with LEGO, well maybe not as bloody

It’s not as bloody as when you played with LEGO? Wow. 😛

Has anyone seen the civ 5 thing where the guy is pitching the ai against itself? It’s pretty rad…I was thinking about doing something like that with AOW but I don’t think the ai knows how to use all classes equally well yet.

Kaiosama TLJ

Does anyone here play FTL: Faster Than Light? I got to play it again after some time. Mainly playing on Easy because I want to unlock all the ships first.

BTW, there are three games that I have my eyes on at the moment but I’m also a bit uneasy to buy them for varied reasons. They are Freedom Planet, Craft The World and Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number.

Long story short, apparently Freedom Planet was supposed to be an Sonic fan-game, but ended up pursuing it’s own identity. I downloaded the demo and played a little, and one thing I can say about this game is that it’s not only try to invoke Sonic vibes, but also Sparkster and Gunstar Heroes. But I also had some mixed receptions, especially when it came to gameplay since it tested my muscle memory regarding Sonic games and I felt a little stiff and disoriented when trying to accelerate and pass on loops. Dunno if it was because I didn’t configured the sensibility of my USB controller, but I plan to give another shot regardless.

Craft The World seems to be a cross between Terraria and Dungeon Keeper gameplay wise. I saw some videos and images of it and I will admit it’s quite impressive. However I do read in some reviews that the crafting system can be a bit obnoxious because it follows some sort of progression tree that you need to craft items to unlock the possibility to craft other items, when games like Terraria and Minecraft allow you to craft everything from the start as long as you have the materials.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number is the only game here that is still not released yet but it’s close. I played and liked the first game so it’s natural to me to be excited about the sequel. Why I feel uneasy? Well, dunno if it’s going to be as good as the first game or if it will be at least average. I usually have this kind of bad feeling when the hype is high, but that’s just me thought.

Btw. anyone playing/interested in Pathea’s Planet Explorers?

Saw a bit of the video and it looks impressive, especially the apparent freedom to crafting.

Kubera

Armello – did not play, but interesting responses.

grumpyoldman

Hey folks!

I’m looking forward to Tahira, Echoes of the Astral Empire. It is a story-driven episodic turn-based tactics RPG similar to the Banner Saga, working with rotoscoped animations and developed by a small team of only 3 friends from Australia.

The story setup seems quite intriguing: In the medieval orient, a princess struggeling with anxiety is on her quest to take responsibility for her people, empowered by an ancient artifact of a long forgotten, star-faring civilisation.
    “Tahira” somehow merges Fantasy with Sci-Fi elements, spiced up by oriental atmosphere and old-school Disney animations. I like all of it!

Tibbles

I’ve been trying to get into Endless Legend but I just can’t, been playing for a few hours now but the whole game just feels so.. dull and lifeless.
    It looks amazing and I love the creature designs, but I find myself just ending turns being bored. It takes forever to get somewhere and Winter doesn’t help.

I’ve only played the Wild Walkers, are other factions more fun to play?

Kubera

Worlds of Magic
    Some critics say that the game still became better (in terms of the pace of the game.. plus AI)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/fortigan/recommended/265970
    More important:
    Release Date: March 19, 2015
    http://www.ign.com/games/worlds-of-magic/pc-20004146

Kubera

DUNGEON KEEPER RAP | Dan Bull

original promotion

Kubera

Worlds of Magic<br>
    Some critics say that the game still became better (in terms of the pace of the game.. plus AI)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/fortigan/recommended/265970

More important:<br>
    Release Date: March 19, 2015

http://www.ign.com/games/worlds-of-magic/pc-20004146

Remembering the fate of the games – Sword of the Stars 2. Judging by the reviews – the game is very very wet. Flaws. Flies. Crash.

Tibbles

Yeah Worlds of Magic had a pretty rough start yesterday, only had 127 players peak on release day, that’s almost ten times lower than Warlock 2 on launch. Kinda feel bad for them.

Taykor

Yeah Worlds of Magic had a pretty rough start yesterday, only had 127 players peak on release day, that’s almost ten times lower than Warlock 2 on launch. Kinda feel bad for them.

Don’t know how expensive it is in Europe, but in Russia it costs an absolutely crazy amount of money (more than twice the maximum amount I have ever paid for a game (Guild Wars 2), basically cost of a console game). I would never buy it at this cost even if I wanted to (and I don’t). So I definitely don’t feel bad for them. They deserved it.

Tibbles

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tibbles wrote:</div>

Don’t know how expensive it is in Europe, but in Russia it costs an absolutely crazy amount of money (more than twice the maximum amount I have ever paid for a game (Guild Wars 2), basically cost of a console game). I would never buy it at this cost even if I wanted to (and I don’t). So I definitely don’t feel bad for them. They deserved it.

Yeah I just saw they locked the topic discussing the pricing in CIS regions. Their comments arent very nice, it would have been better if they hadnt responded at all.
    Devs saying something like don’t blame us for your failing economy isn’t good PR.

Taykor

Devs saying something like don’t blame us for your failing economy isn’t good PR

Oh. WOW. I didn’t know that. By the way, even with an old RUR-EUR rate their price was absolutely ridiculous. They didn’t take into account level of income and prices here from the start. And Steam and much of developers/publishers still do, even now. For example, currently: AoW3 – 700 RUR, Worlds of Magic – 2500 RUR (and it was 1400 in October, still too much).

NuMetal

AoW3 – 700 RUR, Worlds of Magic – 2500 RUR

Damn! 😮

4 times AoW3 must be the digital nirvana, otherwise it’s just ridiculous…

Taykor

4 times AoW3 must be the digital nirvana, otherwise it’s just ridiculous…

Yeah. =) Another example from other Polish developers – Witcher 3 pre-purchase 1080 RUR. And this is an AAA RPG title. (Though CD Project were always perfectly reasonable with their prices.)
    WoM is actually the most expensive game in ru-steam right now (apart from some ‘unlimited imperial’ pack for TESO).

Tibbles

Overlord 3 is coming?

Really curious who’s working on it since it’s not Triumph

Yeah my interest went down straight away once I realized it wasn’t TS.

Ericridge

I just noticed that there is offtopic subforum.

I have endless Legend and played it.

The idea of it was pretty dang nice, but I always quit when the eternal winter comes. It sucks hard.

And then you have to basically reroll the map start until you have acceptable amount of production so that you won’t waste 20+ turns building a single basic infantry unit. It gets worse when you advance into later eras and is forced to produce super elite infantry from cities when you only want regular troops because they demand so much production to make XD

It took me several games to learn how to start using holy relic and all of suddenly my vaulters stopped being emo. And then I learned how to produce commerce, production, influence.

I had this awesome dawnguard officer unit design with tons of str/super high crit rate, and it just got created, a bunch of them.. problem is, I was in eternal winter phase. So I spent several hours and 100+ turns traveling 1-2 hexs a turn just to find someone to try my epic officer knights on. The first AI i found got trolled big time by them.

There is no navy combat, and no ocean trade i think.

And then the main storyline quest demands a very specific hero with super specific skillset. And I have yet to see such a hero show up after trolling the AI with my critical officer knights I called it quits.

I’m pretty sure i’m still learning how to play endless legend. I just don’t know what to expect cuz i’m discouraged due to main storyline quest demanding a super rare hero that I have never seen before in marketplace before. And I forgot my account on endless legend forums meh.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.