other games

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Off Topic/General Discussion other games

This topic contains 130 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  buenos dias 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Author

Epaminondas

Will anyone be playing the Witcher at release?

I won’t.

I have Stardrive 2 to play some more, then Star Ruler 2 and Gal Civ 3 both look tasty, and I need to finish my Eastern Roman Empire game…

I don’t like RPG games where you go solo without followers or party members. I am trying Skyrim again RPG-wise; I gave up the first try, because of the stupid wonky controls.

TBS-wise, I am playing 2 early access games, Battle Brothers and Darkest Dungeon. I am also playing Civ V as well.

I tried Battle Brothers demo, which was a while ago (so maybe things have changed) but I didn’t like it too much. I thought it had great potential, but the heavy emphasis on stats put me off, as did the missing of attacks.

Felt quite grindy too.

However, maybe now it’s better…

Darkest Dungeon is generating quite the buzz though.

Dagoth Ur

So Endless Legend is growing on me… I’ve come to love it for what it is. Combat-wise Age of Wonders III has spoiled me too much but there are definitely some cool empire management things going on.

Anyone else waiting for Endless Space 2?

Or Warhammer Total War? I’m not familiar with Warhammer and seeing the previews it all looks pretty lackluster and has some steampunky thing going on that I don’t really feel for. But on the other hand I do love Total War games and I’m curious about how things like magic and flying units will effect battling…

So Endless Legend is growing on me… I’ve come to love it for what it is. Combat-wise Age of Wonders III has spoiled me too much but there are definitely some cool empire management things going on.

Anyone else waiting for Endless Space 2?

Or Warhammer Total War? I’m not familiar with Warhammer and seeing the previews it all looks pretty lackluster and has some steampunky thing going on that I don’t really feel for. But on the other hand I do love Total War games and I’m curious about how things like magic and flying units will effect battling…

Endless Space 1 was fun but plagued with crashes and desyncs that made MP thoroughly unenjoyable. Amplitude released probably 5-8 patches trying to address the issue but never fixed it. Aside from that, both ES and EL lack depth and polish that would make them really shine.

Well you all know what I think about Endless Legends.

Has anyone here played Dragon Age Inquisition?

I got it on special offer, for £15, and thought that was great, until I started playing it.

Wonderful graphics, totally chaotic combat and I couldn’t zoom out enough to see what was going on. I could use the tactical combat combat, which made me have to scroll around the map to see where the enemies where in order to target them.

I also have a very limited field of vision when moving.

Very fiddly, but forgiveable.

What was unforgiveable, and led to me requesting a refund, was being unable to close the rift.

Very first quest, I clear the enemy by the forward camp, and am told I need to seal the rift, but the game gives me no way to do so.

I stand near the rift, press right click, which is useless, loook up the control scheme and it says “f” to interact, and nothing happens.

I spend half an hour trying to make this work.

Verdict: total piece of shit. Clearly designed for consoles (super fast and flashy combat, which seems to revolve around button mashing my attack with left click, then waiting for the various special attack to come off cooldown, then clicking 1,2 etc to activate them) and doesn’t even work properly.

Like seriously, EA, spend a bit of money making games that goddamed fucking work on their intended playing system, better yet, don’t shittily port it from console to pc, make a pc based game instead if you are going to release it here.

Save some money form using those (nice) voice actors.

Extremely dissapointed in this. Going to play Divinity:Original Sin Enhanced Edition. At least Larian seems to know how to make a PC game that actually functions on the PC.

The only Dragon Age game worth playing on the PC is Origins. Graphics hold up reasonably well, great story, and has more strategic oriented gameplay than the later two games.

I’m sure I’d have fun with DA on consoles but they just aren’t made well for PCs (for similar reasons I gave up on playing Dark Souls on the PC).

@ Dementophobic, I completed Origins, twice! That and Dragon Age 2 are the only rpgs I have ever actually completed.

I got to the last act of the Witcher 2, then stopped.

Got to Act 3 of Pillars of Eternity, then got bored.

Anyway, on a more positive note, I’ve been playing X-om long war mod, and it is fun.

Also fun is Chaos Reborn. I recommend that one.

I’ve dabbled in Duelyst, which I predict will be quite popular.

I’ve also been playing Starcraft 2: legacy of the Void, whose campaign is ludicrously overblown and glorious, much like the first game. I’m enjoying it. Spoiler: people die!

I’m looking out for Hard West and X-Com 2 right now.

Fallout 4 is getting some very good reviews, but honestly I don’t think I’ll be buying many more rpgs.

Kubera

Reassembly – beginning game addictive! Maybe go the way of “Mount & Blade”..
    But quickly bored (very interesting question remains in replayability)?

LordCameron

Also fun is Chaos Reborn. I recommend that one.

Oh that finally came out? I was playing that demo release ages ago. I quite liked it and would have gotten it, but I had expected some fanfare of its arrival to alert me.

buenos dias

thanks for this great all new games i loved it very much

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.