Participate in AI combat

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Participate in AI combat

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  camelotcrusade 8 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Athei

Correct me if I’m wrong but in previous AoW games you can participate in combat between two AIs if you have a unit nearby? Ofc, I’m talking about manual combat, since the AI kinda sucks at combat in general… But that’s a different story!

Why did you remove that option from the game, it was really useful?! In AoW2 SM I helped my AI ally save his or conquer enemy cities almost every time I fought alongside him. And occasionally it was just something I could summon at that turn, like minotaur or magic servant or something not that strong, but it made a difference (plus a spell or two from my leader), and now when we can cast spell everywhere, I cannot interfere, and possibly, change the course of the fight…

And I couldn’t even stop an enemy of my ally (while I was in peace with him) to conquer my ally’s town. He just killed my units as well as my ally’s, and the game didn’t recognize that as an act of war, and we continued to be buddies like he didn’t just obliterated my whole squad from the face of the map…

Anyway please bring that option back, it shouldn’t be hard, and it won’t change anything for those that like to autocombat everything (meaning no slower gameplay or something), but the few of us that like to play combat manually will be happy 🙂

Oh, it doesn’t do this anymore? How sad. I’m with you, I liked this feature in earlier titles and I did use it. It certainly made playing with AI ally worth more.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.