Patch makes Package Manager inaccessible and modding impossible

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Help & Support Patch makes Package Manager inaccessible and modding impossible

This topic contains 30 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Jolly Joker 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Jolly Joker

Title says it all. Under the patch thread peope report the problem.

Bob5

I think they’ll see it when they come back to the office. Today is Good Friday in the Netherlands, and Monday is 2nd Easter day, so I’m expecting them to start dealing with it on Tuesday.

Arnout
    Keymaster

Could you post a link to this post?

I don’t think we changed anything in this area with 1.801?

Jolly Joker

here

My wife has the Steam version which works as it should. I have the GoG version and patched it “myself” by downloading the new patch. Result: package manager can’t be opened. (Both Win 7).

The interesting thing is that I reset Windows 7 to an earlier point. The game then became unpatched again – but still the package manager wouldn’t open, this time with an error message that something would be missing in some dll.

This wouldn’t be the first time for me that something went wrong with patching AoW 3 GoG version.

I’m currently downloading the “new” full version, that is, 1.801. I will install it and see what happens.

Arnout
    Keymaster

I don’t see that post in the topic link you send? Am I missing something?
    Could you link to the post (not the topic)

Example:
    Link

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Arnout.
    • This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Arnout.

Bob5

From here onwards. The issue is difficult to narrow down. A lot of users are experiencing problems, but they vary from user to user. Some can still use it fine, but have all the tabs fit on one row instead of forming multiple rows for large numbers of packages, some can’t open the package manager at all. I personally can open it, but I see all the tabs on one row and it crashes a few seconds after booting. It all started after the 1.801 update.

Jolly Joker

I downloaded the full 1.801 new versions from GoG and made a new installation (but not clean) – same result. Package manager won’t open – Appcrash, kernel problem. Last ditch effort would be a clean install, of the full new version, but I’m loathe to do that right now.

Arnout
    Keymaster

I don’t think a clean install of the game should make a difference here. What if you use a clean game profile? Rename your Documents\My Games\AoW3 profile to AoW3_BAK to create a backup which you can rename back

Jolly Joker

Same result. Appcrash. Error with KERNELBASE.dll.

Hiliadan

Are you using debug mode? I was (and the .exe appeared in the Task Manager, went up to maybe 5 MB then disappeared, closing itself without any notification).
    I’m not at home so I can’t test without.

Jolly Joker

I do get an error message (Appcrash, error module KERNELBASE.dll). Editor works. Game as well.
    As I said, I find it interesting, that a system restoration to an earlier point could not solve the problem (albeit the error message was different).

Jolly Joker

I completely uninstalled the game and reinstalled the fresh GoG 1.801 game version with all DLCs and a fresh profile.

Still, the Package Manager crashes when I start it with the above error message.

The Steam-version is completely fine.

Hiliadan

The Steam-version is completely fine.

Bob is using Steam and it still crashes for him so I’m not sure it’s really just related to GoG. Max Magician also reported an issue, not sure he’s on GoG.

Jolly Joker

Okay, MY Steam-version is fine. 🙂

Motasa

My wife has the Steam version which works as it should. I have the GoG version and patched it “myself” by downloading the new patch.

Got two copies of the game. GOG version (both from Galaxy Client and stand-alone install) won’t open the package manager. Don’t get any error, just a couple of seconds of the Windows wait cursor and then… nothing. Tried verifying, no effect. Luckily, my Steam version opens just fine and works correctly as far as I can tell.

Fluks

Gog version. Windows 10. Packet manager won’t open. Everything else works fine.

Bob5

I’ve figured out why mine crashes, it’s something in the Shadow Realm acp file that causes me to run out of memory while loading, it doesn’t happen with other mods and I can edit them just fine. But that didn’t happen until the 1.801 patch, and I don’t know why. I still have all the rpk tabs on one line, regardless of which mod I’m booting.

SikBok
    Keymaster

Hi,

We think we found the issue.

For people running into the issue on Steam, please switch to the ‘open beta’ branch on Steam.

You can do that by right clicking the game in your Steam library, then switch to the Betas tab, and selecting the ‘open beta’ branch in the drop down menu.

That build fixed what looked like the issues reported above on my machine. Please let me know if it fixes the issues for you too.
    If it does we’ll roll out that build on Steam and we’ll get in touch with GoG to do the same there.

Bob5

Hi,

We think we found the issue.

For people running into the issue on Steam, please switch to the ‘open beta’ branch on Steam.

You can do that by right clicking the game in your Steam library, then switch to the Betas tab, and selecting the ‘open beta’ branch in the drop down menu.

That build fixed what looked like the issues reported above on my machine. Please let me know if it fixes the issues for you too.
    If it does we’ll roll out that build on Steam and we’ll get in touch with GoG to do the same there.

Just tried it out. Fixes all issues for me! Thanks a lot for working on this stuff on a holiday. You guys are the best!

Vrolijk pasen!

Zaskow

Hi! Everything is fine using beta. Thank you very much!

max.magician

My Problem also solved! I am so glad!
    Thank you,
    Max

SikBok
    Keymaster

Just tried it out. Fixes all issues for me! Thanks a lot for working on this stuff on a holiday. You guys are the best!

Vrolijk pasen!

Hi! Everything is fine using beta. Thank you very much!

My Problem also solved! I am so glad!
    Thank you,
    Max

Glad to hear that build fixed the issue. It was one weird bug.
    Rolling this out to all users on Steam. We should have a GoG fix out soon I hope.
    Thanks for testing and getting back to us!

mikaslash

For thoses (on STEAM) who cannot update their client to 1.801 put the game in BETA mode then launch the game, and finaly go back to Normal client it will force-download

how to set Beta mode?
    on steam go to
    _games
    _display library of games
    _right click on AO3, Properties
    _Beta
    _allow Beta teste

i hope it will help good luck !

Shaithias

I am on steam, windows 10, and the package manager does not start for me. when it is launched, the package manager process launches, goes to 23,216 L of memory, and stops there.

Arnout
    Keymaster

@shaithias

Are you using the beta or normal?
    How many mods are present in your AoW3 user folder? \Documents\My Games\AoW3\

Do you also have the problem if you use a clean AoW3 user folder? (please rename \Documents\My Games\AoW3\ to \Documents\My Games\AoW3_BAK and then start the game/Launcher)

Fluks

Hi,
    We think we found the issue. […]

Hei Triumph so what about the patch for gog users? About 2 weeks ago you patched up and 11 days ago you fixed it for steam users. Must say I am a bit disappointed the patch is not up on gog yet. If that is on you pls fix it.
    Gog users need the package manager to import mods edit: Turns out just getting the bare taf file is enough, so manually opening the package manager is not absolutely needed for installing mods, sry for the wrong statement! and thx @hiliadan for correcting me

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Fluks. Reason: .taf magic

Jolly Joker

A status update for GOG users would be appreciated. Two weeks no modding feels like Impaired without Dispel available.

SikBok
    Keymaster

Hei Triumph so what about the patch for gog users?

A status update for GOG users would be appreciated.

We are awaiting confirmation from open beta to determine if the last issue – involving the launcher and running a lot of mods – has indeed been fixed.

If that is the case, we’ll go and get a build on GoG.

Unfortunately getting builds on GoG is much more involved than getting builds on Steam, which is why we do open beta on Steam.

Jolly Joker

In that case I hope there’s feedback. 🙂

Thanks anyway.

catsnffer

Any word on this being sorted for GoG players? I still can’t open the Package Manager. Win 10. Beta enabled.

Thank you.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.