Patch v1.4 Known Issues, Bugs & Problems

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Patch v1.4 Known Issues, Bugs & Problems

This topic contains 369 replies, has 98 voices, and was last updated by  Tombles 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 370 total)
  • Author

SikBok
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

This topic is for reporting bugs and problems in the Patch v1.4 Open Beta build. It’s to help us quickly note any issues reported, so we can fix them.

Please share your opinions about the patch in the topic linked to the news post.

Old saves are not compatible with this patch!
    If you load a prepatch save, you will probably run into various issues, such as strings not being displayed correctly, units not having the right abilities and possible crashes and instability. You are welcome to keep playing on the saves, though be warned that all sorts of weirdness could occur.

Update
    Update: v1.425 – build: 13046

• Armored no longer stacks in the item forge (or in general)
    • Fixed sorceror shock protection upgrade costing 2 points, not 1
    • Polish and French language correction for campaign difficulty indication
    • Commonwealth loyalist final map: some small general improvements.
    • Rogue heroes now get Cause Fear instead of Stunning Touch as a hero upgrade
    • Scoundrels now get projectile avoidance on bronze.
    • Cause Fear now causes Shaken on failure (was Hindered)
    • Greater Disjunction can now not appear in the skill booked until after round 12
    • Assassins no longer get a second copy of back stab from the “Cruel Backstab” skill

We just – 9/15/2014 @4:45 CEST – updated the v1.4 Beta Patch. Changes were:

• Resolved Known Issues in previous build.
    • Researching Corrupted Killers or Exalted Martyrs will now cause all gold medal scoundrels/martyrs to instantly evolve
    • If you win combat with an enemy unit under control of Arcane Binding, that unit will now die at the end of combat rather than coming under your control.
    • Various fixes to stability and tactical AI.

Kozzie

unfortunately ill be the first to write here

found a bug that works in this way:

started a map with custum human rogue – on islands map type. no dwellings set
    later i stopped (aroudn turn 10) and set up a new game
    started in the same setup – and found my city in the middle of nowhere – i had the city but not a single node in sight range nor anywhere near (thou there was a bandit camp nearby)

– started new game with dwellings on – same problem

btw aow.exe does not stop to work after i quit the game to windows i cannot restart the game or shut it down by force.

vota dc

Not a new bug, but an ancient one: ogres lore description still mentions their inability to crush walls.

Kozzie

too late to edit so i post in here:

The bug seems to now occur only if i set dwellings to none – my city is placed with no nodes/ gold mines in its borders – when i have everything set to average (or at least not none – it works fine)

had to reset pc in order to stop aow3.exe from working – my antivir classified it as a threat.

i managed to close it only after my antyvir blocked its communiction for a moment

Bob5

The Declared War modifier in the Diplomacy window doesn’t seem to be able to get the name of the AI correctly, it says Declared War on {STR_playerName}. It could be linked to the declaration of war happening before I downloaded the patch though.

Bob5

Naga Lair is already present in Tome of Wonders, even without Golden Realms.
    Halfling race description is present in Tome of Wonders without Golden Realms. Halfling units are not present though
    Goblin race bonus in Tome of Wonders doesn’t show Wetlands Foraging
    Orc race bonus in Tome of Wonders doesn’t show Victory Rush

Bob5

Btw, has the Empire Happiness bonus for AI’s been changed? I managed to get the Empire Happiness of an Emperor AI down to -700 (killed leader, razed one of his cities, had Age of Deception active, and killed a few of his stacks, and I think that AI also has the Empty Treasury penalty because his units aren’t getting sufficient payment)

arminius85

I met a hostile independent village. But while relations were hostile the opening message still read ‘Hail [leader], we are honored by your presence’.

Very much impressed by the new graphic design (mountains) and mechanics tho. Esspecially the ‘unknown player’ tag is cool. Otherwise you would already know identity and class of your opponents. 🙂

FrankA

The 1.4 patch notes say that the game is supposed to load faster, but if anything it’s loading much slower. For me anyway.

Frank

Bob5

Units that have disbanded due to low morale keep their low morale even as independents. I’ve met a stack of independent juggernauts with an Empire Happiness of -700.

Edit: Other stacks that disbanded don’t have the low morale. I don’t know why this stack did, haven’t been able to isolate or reproduce this issue.

arminius85

I met a hostile independent village. But while relations were hostile the opening message still read ‘Hail [leader], we are honored by your presence’.

EDIT: The relationship stance was ‘War, Polite’. Perhaps this is a thing now.

Thariorn

Naga Lair is already present in Tome of Wonders, even without Golden Realms.
    Halfling race description is present in Tome of Wonders without Golden Realms. Halfling units are not present though

This is due to the fact, that if player A owns the expansion and hosts a game with HIM as halfliings, players without the expansion amy join and play the game, just not with halfling leaders.

Ravenholme

Naga Lair is already present in Tome of Wonders, even without Golden Realms.<br>
    Halfling race description is present in Tome of Wonders without Golden Realms. Halfling units are not present though<br>
    Goblin race bonus in Tome of Wonders doesn’t show Wetlands Foraging<br>
    Orc race bonus in Tome of Wonders doesn’t show Victory Rush

Pretty sure that is because you will be able to play MP with people who own the Golden Realms even if you don’t, which means that you will see Halflings and Naga (and ye, even conquer cities and dwellings of them). However, you will not be able to start your own games that have those races/dwellings present in them

At least, that was the plan a while back…

LordTheRon

I noted this in beta too. I think it’s on the fix list.

Athei

Ok, I encountered one weird bug… When I quit AOW3 I noticed that my RAM was full, and when I opened Task Manager I saw a bunch of dllhosts, and when I say a bunch I mean over 1000 of them…

I’m not 100% sure that it’s AOW3 that caused that, but after quitting AOW3 they started shutting down too, so I felt like I should post it here.

BTW The game was running without problem, or I failed to notice anything different than usual…

Ericridge

I told my Human Halberdiers to kill that group of phantasm warriors for me then I noticed Overwhelm, what?

And I thought i went nuts for a sec there then realized its probably a bug. And posted in here now..

Human Halberdiers now have Overwhelm trait.

Edit: Also, Tropical mountains found in golden realms is now Temperate mountains and is labeled as such when I mouse over them in current RMG.

Ericridge

Also, When Elite Cavalry evolves into Recruit Knight, The Bleeding Wounds that Elite Cavalry gets is lost upon evolution. Not sure if it a bug or not.

Shiara384

I just noticed an error. Guys,

Sorcerer

Buff: The Arcane Binding spell can no longer be resisted.
    Nerf: The Arcane Binding now lasts 2 turns instead of until the end of combat.
    Buff: Glyph Of Warding now does 16 damage per turn, was 10
    Buff: Node Serpent now has Inflict Shocking on Bronze, and now has Sprint.
    Node serpent now gets +8 Move Points on Veteran (was Inflict Shocking)
    Buff: Star Blades now gives +1 frost and fire damage as well as lightning and inflict shocking
    Nerf: Summon Fantastic Creature now costs 110 mana (was 80)
    Buff: Shadow Stalker now has resistance 11 (was 10).
    Nerf: Removed True Sight from Wisps and added it to their gold medal reward.

Thats in sorcerer, should that not be located in rogue?

iceboy

Shouldn’t bridges be not programmed to go into water and mountains? In this pic they are doing both…

Attachments:

Garresh

Alright not sure if this is a bug, but if you get a bunch of scoundrels to gold and THEN research corrupted killers, they won’t evolve until they survive a battle. Not sure if that’s intended, but I just about had a heart attack testing this when I got 7 gold scoundrels and my entire strategy was contingent on pulling Corrupted Killers quickly. haha

Neoskel

The Elemental race ability should be ‘Elemental’ instead of ‘Elementals’ to match up with the rest of the race abilities.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback guys! We’ll start going through it and see if there’s anything we can fix!

A few things:

Human Halberdiers now have Overwhelm trait.

This is intentional, we were looking for a way to improve humans, and someone mentioned that halbards are good versus Pikemen and Cavalry, hence this. It’s not entirely accurate, according to people in the know, but it helps them a long.

Thats in sorcerer, should that not be located in rogue?

Thanks, I missed that one!

Also, When Elite Cavalry evolves into Recruit Knight, The Bleeding Wounds that Elite Cavalry gets is lost upon evolution. Not sure if it a bug or not.

Intentional, level up rewards don’t carry over when evolving I’m afraid 🙁

I found new mountains/beaches in my RMG map

I’m not sure if this is intentional or not, I’m getting mixed answers from people and the guy in charge hasn’t arrived yet. I’ll post again when I have a firm answer!

I found XYZ from the expansion in the Tome Of Wonders!

This is intentional! Because you can play in multiplayer with some of the expansion content unlocked (when another player has the expansion), you can still view expansion content sometimes in the ToW.

If you see expansion content active in the game itself, for example a monkey, elephant or halfling, then please let us know!

Lascha

started a map with custum human rogue – on islands map type. no dwellings set<br>
    later i stopped (aroudn turn 10) and set up a new game<br>
    started in the same setup – and found my city in the middle of nowhere – i had the city but not a single node in sight range nor anywhere near (thou there was a bandit camp nearby)

Thanks! Fixed for release 😉

Backero

In polish version after this patch Acolyte (Akolita) is called just “A”.

Tombles
    Keymaster

What’s an Acolyte Backero? I’m afraid it must have a different name in English. Is it the Evangelist (Tier 3, Theocrat unit)?

Btw, has the Empire Happiness bonus for AI’s been changed? I managed to get the Empire Happiness of an Emperor AI down to -700 (killed leader, razed one of his cities, had Age of Deception active, and killed a few of his stacks, and I think that AI also has the Empty Treasury penalty because his units aren’t getting sufficient payment)

Are you loading an old save from before the patch? This isn’t really recommended, you’ll get all sorts of strange bugs like this I’m afraid.

Tombles
    Keymaster

I found it Backero! High Elf initiate 🙂 We’ll fix it now.

Bob5

Are you loading an old save from before the patch? This isn’t really recommended, you’ll get all sorts of strange bugs like this I’m afraid.

Yeah, it was a campaign save file from before the patch. I didn’t know that could affect Empire Happiness, thought it was limited to the skills of units that didn’t update if the units were created before the patch.

Ericridge

Ok I see thank you Tombles!

Tombles
    Keymaster

Yeah, it was a campaign save file from before the patch. I didn’t know that could affect Empire Happiness, thought it was limited to the skills of units that didn’t update if the units were created before the patch.

We’ve changed so much, it’s very hard to know what will break I’m afraid! We don’t really test old saves to make sure they work properly when making these big patches, because it would be so much extra work. We do care about making sure old saves don’t crash, but if they malfunction then it’s a bit of a lost cause.

Bob5

Okay, I understand. I’ve won the map now, an Empire with a Happiness of -700 without any gold with me also Inciting Revolts on half of their cities simultaneously just completely collapsed that AI’s entire empire in a matter of turns, with pretty much all of their cities revolting and most of their army deserting. I assume it won’t break the next map in the campaign though, or will I need to restart the campaign?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 370 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.