Patch v1.4 Known Issues, Bugs & Problems

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Patch v1.4 Known Issues, Bugs & Problems

This topic contains 369 replies, has 98 voices, and was last updated by  Tombles 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 370 total)
  • Author

BUG : The Game doesn’t SAVE

(probably a memory issuee) In a very large XL map after many turns the game occasionally refuses to save. (VISTA 64 – 4GB RAM – 2 cores CPU) – I can get it to save only by closing the occasional program that I may have running at the same time. Then it saves several times (probabvly because I tried to save several times).

Jaduggar

Stone wards in the giants dwelling does not give stone skin correctly. The description is full of code, and the effect is that of the old pre-buff stone skin. Also, they do not receive movement penalties although the description says it should.

Also, embarked builders trying to leave a river underground will only do so if they can first demolish a nearby wall… otherwise they will run all over trying to find a spot where they can and maybe get stuck in the water.

aletheia

BUG: Cannot change army leader.

I put my hero (Reskar Scapeshaper) in charge of some warships, and a WARSHIP is leading the army, NOT THE HERO! I cannot change leadership to Reskar to take advantage of army buffs (specifically the 50% unit cost).

I’m playing the Sapphire Archipelago map in the Elven Court scenario. I haven’t tested in a regular game.

BUG:
    (maybe a memory issue) Occasionally after many turns on an XL map city building doesn’t show the “pause” icon over paused production items. The items are indeed paused you just don’t see the icon. (vista64 – 2 core CPU – 4GB RAM)

ANNOYANCE: when an enemy surrenders he immediately teleports to his\her capital. It’s dumb, unrealistic and there is no need for the change of location since it would probably become VERY annoying in a multiplayer game. (Please reconsider how surrendering should work)

NOT WORKING AS INTENDED: AI Player “A” casts DREAD OMEN on a city owned by player “B” I onquer it before A does but dread omen is not auto disjuncted. That’s OK but why is it an “hostile action” for me to disjunct that spell on the city that now I own? Should I really declare war on A before I do that?

imasu

I read the first, and last, 3 pages and havent found any elaboration on the random map generation issues.

Having an uneven amount of players starting above versus underground has a ton of side effects and defeats most selectable inputs on the random map generation page. At least in the 8 player matches, any map type, seals no seals, above and underground selected. In an improperly spaced map you end up with all the independant cities and dwellings ringing the outside of the map instead of spread across it. Nodes will end up out in locations that you cannot do anything about etc etc.

The whole issue stems from which races have a chance to start underground. Only dwarves and goblins have a 50% chance to spawn down there initially. Thus if you dont have at least half of the players as one of those two races you dont even have a CHANCE of having a fully generated, properly spaced nodes, seals that arent locked inside mountains or undiggable walls etc.

So that doesnt seem too bad until you do some basic odds calculations. Lets say you have 8 players, 4 are a mixture of dwarf and gobo. That means the first guy gets 50% chance to spawn down there, then 50 again another 50 and a 4th 50% chance at generating a non-broken map. It turns out to be less than a 10% chance of having a non-broken map.

So the spread of nodes and such are unevenly distributed on the layer that has the most players. This makes sense. However you end up with fairly useless territory on the opposite layer which seems to impair the AI’s ability to be competitive no matter the difficulty level. The inconsistencies arent really noticeable until you uncover the entire thing then its glaringly obvious when comparing a homogeneous fully generated map to one of the lopsided “broken” ones ive been describing.

Solutions:

1) Put in an option to allow players to decide who starts underground or not. *This wouldnt do anything for purely random maps that also generate random leader selection and thus distribution. (I want this one anyways though :P)

2) When the map generation does its check on races to determine how fully developed the maps will be, allow a toggle to force it to fully generate all levels selected at the map generation page as though each level were equally inhabited.
    *I think a toggle may be best as im positive some people prefer the long, resource deficient underground (or overland with 5 underground players and 3 top :P) terrain that we currently have.

TLDR:
    Random map generation is broken as a result of the distribution of races above/underground initial starting locations. The main issue being only goblins and dwarves have a 50% chance to spawn underground. The other races all start up top 100% of the time forcing under-deployment of nodes in the underground along with a cascade of map anomalies brought on by inconsiderate distribution.

BUG (coherence): a leader who surrendered is represented in the diplomacy screen as “DEAD” while instead should just be shown kneeling and listed as “surrendered” or “vassal” or whatever but not “dead”.

mjw1050

I’ve noticed it’s possible to stack physical protection on a leader. This is broken and I’m pretty sure that it was not intended*. With Ghostly Being Elixir it’s easily possible to have 100%. And you can do it for all elements with Item Forges and a little luck so you would have a hero that cannot die by any means. I would fix this by not allowing protection to stack (and use the highest protection if there are multiples).

*Every unit was given a physical attack which I assume was to allow battles to always be able to end and that gets around it. Among other issues.

Gloweye

Well, protection has always been intended to stack….as is the 100% cap. And it’s not that easy to achieve 100% protection for all elements(You’ll need that specific elixer AND a specific body armor for that, and both are Mythical), and even if you do, there’s plenty of abilities that reduce protection(from armageddon to degenerate to blight doctors…).

Gloweye

Builders get Repair Machine when a Masters’ Guild is present, which they should.

However, Settlers do to. I suppose that isn’t intended?

I beat the game and i get this message: In turn 140, while in the void the city of colm the lucky was captured by colm the lucky.

Attachments:

Gloweye

Path of Frost and Path of Decay don’t work.

I’ve made a Elite Obsidian Dragon in the map editor which didn’t work. Later, I got a Yeti from a dungeon in The Sapphire Archipelago(Elven Court mission #4), and when I got it to Elite, the Path didn’t work either.

Hunter

Small patch received via Steam. What does it do?

limaceman

Bug : charge ability activates if unit moved 3 or more tiles this turn while tooltip states 4.
    Bug : charge ability activates if a unit moves 1 tile, then moves again, even if by 1 tile, resulting in charge being activated after 2 tiles.

Bug? Units rewarded for clearing a dungeon appear with some ranks on the pop-up info panel (player A attacked independents… and win!), but do not retain these ranks when incorporated into the army.

Bug? There is one item, legendary I think even if I do not remember it name, that gives lightning bolt attack as any starting sorcerer staff, with 8 shock damage and medium range. Knowing that there is a second lightning bolt attack entry in the tome of wonders with 11 attack, I wonder if the item does not have the wrong ability tied to it.

Gloweye

Bug? There is one item, legendary I think even if I do not remember it name, that gives lightning bolt attack as any starting sorcerer staff, with 8 shock damage and medium range. Knowing that there is a second lightning bolt attack entry in the tome of wonders with 11 attack, I wonder if the item does not have the wrong ability tied to it.

The Sorc staff version is 8 damage, the 11 damage version is single shot like the one used by High Elf Initiates. Still, the staff basically doubles the sorc staff, which is kinda weird indeed.

James
    Participant

NOT WORKING AS INTENDED: AI Player “A” casts DREAD OMEN on a city owned by player “B” I onquer it before A does but dread omen is not auto disjuncted. That’s OK but why is it an “hostile action” for me to disjunct that spell on the city that now I own? Should I really declare war on A before I do that?

Nice find! It’s correct according to the systems but logically it does seem strange that this would happen. We will look into this 🙂

James
    Participant

Builders get Repair Machine when a Masters’ Guild is present, which they should.

However, Settlers do to. I suppose that isn’t intended?

Thanks, nice one! The Tome of Wonders indeed only notes Builders as the ones that should be getting Repair Machine. We will have this fixed in a future update 🙂

Athei

Found a bug. Not gamebreaking but strange.

When I hired a new hero, she had 2 items and one of them was being sent from somewhere without the indication when it will arrive.

Gloweye

Arch Druid Hunter:

It has Forestry, Mountaineering, and Wetland Walking. Why not just give it Free Movement? it’s functionally identical(I tested for it) and saves space and thought effort.

It has Mariner. Now that’s useful normally, but it also got Swimming inherently, which makes it theoretically impossible to ever benefit from Mariner.

BUG: During battle to conquer the enemy capital (with the enemy leader already dead in another battle the same turn) my leader ends up with 0 hit points but he is still there (although invisible but his standard is visible) cannot move but can shoot and kill all enemies.

No idea how that happened unfortunately and being a battle I could not save but I have screenshots.

After a confused melee during the enemy turn, with smoke screen fire elemental exploding and my leader being panicked by attacking a horror… My turn starts and my leader appears to be superimposed to a horror (which gets later killed by another surviving unit of mine) at that point the leader looks like a unit of orc black knights (or more probably being panicked he had retreated “over them” in the confusion, since they later die leaveing there only the leader’s standard) in any case as the screenshots show he is with 0 hit points cannot move but can shoot. after winning the battle he is the only survivor and has 63 hit points left. Everything at that point seems back to normal.

Sorry I could not be more precise but sometimes battles are confusing.

Gloweye

You got a save game from before the battle? It’s happened more often in a couple of games, but in the 3 cases I’ve had, I’ve never been able to find a save game from which I could reproduce it – though it is required for a 0 HP units to be panicked, otherwise it won’t work.

Yelok

Based on description, this is not a bug, however, I wanna ask if there are plans for adding City Quake and Forge Blast to the list of Dome of Protection inmunity.

James
    Participant

BUG (coherence): a leader who surrendered is represented in the diplomacy screen as “DEAD” while instead should just be shown kneeling and listed as “surrendered” or “vassal” or whatever but not “dead”.

We shall look into this. It should be fixed in a future update 🙂 Thanks for noticing!

BUG: During battle to conquer the enemy capital (with the enemy leader already dead in another battle the same turn) my leader ends up with 0 hit points but he is still there (although invisible but his standard is visible) cannot move but can shoot and kill all enemies.

You got a save game from before the battle? It’s happened more often in a couple of games, but in the 3 cases I’ve had, I’ve never been able to find a save game from which I could reproduce it – though it is required for a 0 HP units to be panicked, otherwise it won’t work.

A save from before the battle would be really helpful! If you don’t have one, don’t worry, just keep an eye out if it occurs again and provide me with a save when it does!

All savegames can be sent to: savegames@triumphstudios.com

Thanks! 🙂

Based on description, this is not a bug, however, I wanna ask if there are plans for adding City Quake and Forge Blast to the list of Dome of Protection inmunity.

Hmm, indeed seems logical. It will be discussed and we will see what can be done!

Hello, I have trouble in the editor for menu “Map setting”. This window too big for vertical resolution on screen 1366×768. On my PC with screen 1280×1024 all right.

Noted! We’ll have a look what we can do 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  President.

Yelok

AI bug, arch druids managed by AI, doesnt cast Insect Plague on enemy cities.

AI behavior bug, AI builds ships without any control even if the ships are in a small space with water in the map.

When you wanna pick an item from the ground or send an item to other hero, sometimes the game closes you the interface and you have to try it again untill the game allows you to pick up/send the item.

AI behavior bug, when you attack a sorc party and the sorc casts Chaos Rift and pick autobattle, AI doesnt know to flee and it continues fighting summons and you can loose the battle for that.

AI behavior bug, when a hero got two ranged attacks with different channel output, sometimes it chooses the less effective attack vs the enemy. (Hero with shock bolts and longbow and it chooses longbow vs a machine)

James
    Participant

A) Annoyance: it is not possible to summon an egg in an hex where are present 6 units.<br>
    explanation: If the stack is full it is obviously impossible to summon ulterior units in the same hex, an egg, being an item, should be possible to have there.

@THE_black_Knight: Noted and checked with all eggs. Had a full stack with a hero who had an egg. It hatched just as it’s supposed to. I’ll keep an eye on this.

Gloweye

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>THE Black Knight wrote:</div>
    A) Annoyance: it is not possible to summon an egg in an hex where are present 6 units.<br><br>
    explanation: If the stack is full it is obviously impossible to summon ulterior units in the same hex, an egg, being an item, should be possible to have there.

@THE_black_Knight: Noted and checked with all eggs. Had a full stack with a hero who had an egg. It hatched just as it’s supposed to. I’ll keep an eye on this.

I believe this was the act of summoning the egg that didn’t work, not the hatching. The spell “Invoke Extraordinary Mount” appears to be classified as a summoning spell, and therefore be unable to be cast at a full stack. Personally, it’d classify it as a minor annoyance as you usually can play around it without much effort, but it’d be better if it were changed(remove the “stack-limit-not-reached” requirement from the invoke extraordinary mount spell)

SetaX

Hi,

As a goblin I found my city on volcanic which is hated by goblins but it was wetlands as well which is liked. I thougth the terrain effects gonna cancel each other out and I will have a morale neutral city to start with but it wasn’t the case. The wetland bonuses didn’t appear at all so I got almost -500 morale straight away.
    Is this intended? I admit that it’s strange to have wetland on volcanic terrain but in the same time it is misleading as well. Obviously I would have looked for an another spot for my city if I knew this was gonna happen.

Taykor

I thougth the terrain effects gonna cancel each other out and I will have a morale neutral city to start with but it wasn’t the case. The wetland bonuses didn’t appear at all so I got almost -500 morale straight away.

It’s disliked terrains which could be cancelled by liked (and even run in surplus), but hated penalty is bigger than liked bonus, I think.
    And for wetland bonuses to work you need wetlands to be inside your city’s domain. Were they?

Gloweye

Regardless of whether they cancel out, they should be shown in the happiness tooltip seperately.

Best thing is to double check whether that were really that much wetlands hexes inside your domain.

SetaX
Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 370 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.