Patch v1.4 Known Issues, Bugs & Problems

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Patch v1.4 Known Issues, Bugs & Problems

This topic contains 369 replies, has 98 voices, and was last updated by  Tombles 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 370 total)
  • Author

Tombles
    Keymaster

Nope, you’re free to keep going! Starting a new campaign map essentially is the same as starting anew game anyways.

arminius85

I noticed a weird flashy animation in a lava field.

Kozzie

what about the map generator?

i want to know if its just me having this bug (starting cities being placed in spots with no gold mines/ mana nodes /anything ) or is it more spread

Garresh

So I don’t mean to be an annoying reposter, but do we know if gold medals not evolving is intentional? If the tech is researched after they reach gold they have to survive another fight to get the evo, which means putting squishy scoundrels at risk.

Serin

So, good news first, the update is looking fantastic. Have a bug to report though…

-I initiated an attack on a group of brigands inside a fey dwelling (by inside I mean one hex to the right of the dwelling itself) the combat proceeded and I claimed victory. Shortly after this I had the fey dwelling join my empire. The very next turn I immediately attacked another group of brigands just on the border of the dwelling territory that I had noticed (note on this, there was a sack of items on the same hex from a hero killed a few turns before this), now this was where my problem began. Suspiciously this group had the exact same experience points and order of portraits of the ones killed the turn prior.

Not thinking there was too much wrong with this, I attacked. Victory again, but then it notifies me that I attacked a hideout and was receiving loot as such. I proceed to sell the items. The funny part? It actually still gives me access to the items sold…

Now, I actually went into the event history after this and there is only one battle event from the original brigands killed next to the dwelling.

Shouldn’t be complaining all that much…I mean…free loot 😛

(Sorry if there is too much info, just thought I’d put it into context to be as much help as possible)

Ore

The numbers on army banners look blurrier/ lower res than before.. cannot totally put my finger on it but certainly look different than before and not in a positive way. I play in Ultra graphic quality mode.

Ravenholme

Not really a 1.4 issue per se, but I was leafing through the Tome of Wonders unit page whilst playing a game as a High Elven Warlord, and I noticed something that you might want to pass to the writing team.

The Frost Giant flavour text refers to Eccolo III as an Iceking, whilst the Frost Wyvern flavour text refers to him as a Frostling King. Now obviously he is both, with Iceking being the actual title of his position, but I figure someone would want to tweak one of those descriptions for consistency.

Gloweye

The Frost Giant flavour text refers to Eccolo III as an Iceking, whilst the Frost Wyvern flavour text refers to him as a Frostling King. Now obviously he is both, with Iceking being the actual title of his position, but I figure someone would want to tweak one of those descriptions for consistency.

Even I didn’t see that. And I typed all description over for the Wikia. There are some other small issues in those lore entries(‘book name’, ham the wanderer – ‘book name’, by ham the wanderer.)(Note the dot). these are two different inconsistencies, but I actually don’t care that much. Have them fix REAL bugs.

BlaneckW

I apologize for off-topicness, and I haven’t tried the beta so I don’t know if it’s been at all considered, but I’d like to request a modification of the campaign at some future date for an increase in difficulty for hard mode even on the first scenarios, such as a seemingly present malus on AI’s production, or even the removal of starting peace present on some, at least initial scenarios. Otherwise I’m not motivated to play it through. I need difficulty. Otherwise, I appreciate the mentioned improvement of the AI, which should improve the value of skirmish maps.

nssquirrel99

Found a bug with the AI surrendering.

The first leader I ran into (a Goblin Warlord) declared war on me on sight. After several turns I had taken his throne city, though I hadn’t killed the leader himself, and he surrendered to me. I accepted and got the leader as a hero along with all of the items he had on him. Curiously however, I found an Item Sack lying in the middle of nowhere guarded by a pair of Goblin Phalanxes who immediately left the turn afterward allowing me to pick the item sack up. Inside was the EXACT same items as what the leader had when he surrendered to me.

What I’m guessing happened was the actual leader had his items saved (similar to how you can carry items over to the next mission in the campaign) and then was killed(both scripts programmed to fire when a surrender attempt is accepted) and he dropped his items while an exact copy of that leader is spawned as a hero, including copying all of his items.

pocru

Just a quick one, I just beat a monster den, but after all the enemies died the battle didn’t end. I had to retreat, “lose”, then re-capture the now empty den to offically clear it.

That’s all so far

Tombles
    Keymaster

So I don’t mean to be an annoying reposter, but do we know if gold medals not evolving is intentional? If the tech is researched after they reach gold they have to survive another fight to get the evo, which means putting squishy scoundrels at risk.

Don’t worry, we are reading all your posts! I’ve fixed this, and it’s being tested in closed beta now as part of the next update 🙂

Keep up the reports guys! Feel free to post screenshots and save games to illustrate things if you need to! I’ll go through the thread when I come back to work on Monday and see about fixes.

Bob5

Is it intentional that AI’s still use settlers for city defence? I have some charming or converting units and it’s basically free settlers for me when I attack them. Especially heroes with Guarillia (or something, the one that you can retreat battles with without losing movepoints) are useful for that. If the Charm fails, I retreat and then attack immediately for another go.

Dohlenmann

I just installed the new beta patch and started a new map. Now I got what you call “soap opera effect” in movies and television. The units move very smoothly, but they… you know, it just catches your eye. 😀

Is this already known? I’m very sure that this was caused by the patch, because I played a map yesterday with 1.3.

Tombles
    Keymaster

I just installed the new beta patch and started a new map. Now I got what you call “soap opera effect” in movies and television. The units move very smoothly, but they… you know, it just catches your eye. :D

Could you take a screenshot maybe? I can’t really imagine what the soap opera effect could mean! 🙂

Yarovit

Tested only on elven archdruid so I don’t know if other races/classess are affected too but after installing beta if leader mounts spider he floats in the air in front of it

Ravenholme

Okay, got a genuine bug to report.

In RMG, if a visit structure spawns on the new beach tiles, sometimes they are half submerged in the water.

Oops

Dohlenmann

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dohlenmann wrote:</div>
    I just installed the new beta patch and started a new map. Now I got what you call “soap opera effect” in movies and television. The units move very smoothly, but they… you know, it just catches your eye. :D

Could you take a screenshot maybe? I can’t really imagine what the soap opera effect could mean! :)

I’m afraid this isn’t possible, because you only can see this when an unit is moving. So I needed to generate a video, but that seems a bit too much. This just occurs btw. when units are moving on the world map, not in battles. The units just moving a bit to smooth, to fast? Dunno how to describe this accurate. 🙂

Windscion

My impression after one game is that the AI gives up too readily (RMG, Lord). On one turn I took a city from a druid and fended off a serious assault on my capital by a theocrat. Then next turn the druid surrendered to me. Turn after that, the theocrat cedes. Yes, I had much more powerful armies at that exact point … but my forces were six turns away from the theocrats capital, and I had not yet discovered his capital. (I was just outside the druid’s capital, so I can see the logic there.) The AI should wait a few turns or at least give itself credit for at least a few turns worth of production.
    added: in both cases I forced their ruler into the void.

iceboy

Shouldn’t bridges be not programmed to go into water and mountains? In this pic they are doing both…

Not only are bridges in random maps going into the water and into mountains they are also being put underwater!

Attachments:

Serin

Just something that has been bugging (see what I did there? no not a bug :P) me in my last couple of games, during gameplay I will always be hearing random sound effects that shouldn’t be there. Such as a building being built, or a victorious battle/lost battle. None of these sound effects are being triggered by anything, they just happen at random intervals.

Another random problem (intended or not). The new novelty of being able to access the tome of wonders outside of gameplay is rather cool…but it would be even better if you could see stats and the like rather than the line ‘This information is only available in the game’. As said, not sure if this was intended or not, but it would be pretty cool if we could access stats…plz 😀

Ravenholme

Just something that has been bugging (see what I did there? no not a bug :P ) me in my last couple of games, during gameplay I will always be hearing random sound effects that shouldn’t be there. Such as a building being built, or a victorious battle/lost battle. None of these sound effects are being triggered by anything, they just happen at random intervals.

Another random problem (intended or not). The new novelty of being able to access the tome of wonders outside of gameplay is rather cool…but it would be even better if you could see stats and the like rather than the line ‘This information is only available in the game’. As said, not sure if this was intended or not, but it would be pretty cool if we could access stats…plz :D

Actually, I think you’re hearing the NPC leaders building cities and losing/winning battles out in the fog of war. At least in my experience, it seems to correlate with enemy behaviour not too far from what I’ve explored, but I suspect Tombles can clarify one way or another.

Dexter

First:
    Great new patch! Gameplay is much better now, AI is better (but not perfect) and balancing seems a lot better too!

some bug i noticed:
    – when finishing an manual battle (random map, medium, 2 human palyers, 2 npcs) i always hear this “someone-attacks-you-sound” after returning to the strategic map.

AI glitches & suggestions:
    – AI had an assassin and a succubus. AI moves: First AI backstabs my warg rider (flanking! yay!) and THEN the succubus seduces the (backstabbed) warg rider who only has 50% health left…. ?? better first try to seduce, then backstab. 😉

– Would be cool if the AI uses firebolt spell to damage enemy gates.
    – in addition to this: i noticed that the AI is not using the casting points or using it only at the end to finish of units. but if the aI would have used the spells earlier, AI might have won the battle.
    – AI sometimes trys to get out of melee range from one unit to flank another unit and dies because of (defence stance) hits from my nearby units.

Nevertheless, great work so far! i am sure the extension and patch 1.4 will be awesome!

greetings, dexter

Wrath

I just had my Leader go terminally stupid in an instant action. It said that I was “Very likely” to win so I just auto-combated. I lost all my guys so I went to replay to see what happened, it was down to my leader and 1 enemy. My guy leaves melee and runs over and kills a barricade…

Outis

as per the patch notes: “Added a toggle to the map settings panel to disable camera centering when the AI moves its armies on the world map.”

This does not work. The camera centering on the AI movement never happens, whether the “observe mode” toggle in the map setting under STRATEGIC MAP is checked or unchecked. I have tested it in campaign and RMG. Camera is always stationary until it centers on the actual combat engagement of armies. Camera never centers on AI unit movement.

Dohlenmann

Another bug occurs in diplomacy:

You’ve peace with AI-Player X. You want to force him to go to war with AI-Player Y, give him some mana, and alliance – then he’ll go to war with you when his turn comes up, robs your cities, and THEN take your offer and go to peace.

That’s kinda strange.

Kozzie

found another bug:

patch notes state that:

Dwarf

Buff: Dwarf Assassin now has cave concealment

in game they do not

also about map generator – i have a feeling that the generator spawns way less gold mines and mana nodes than it used to spawn earlier before 1.4

Garresh

@dexter with a name like that please tell me your favorite class is rogue. XD

Anyways, I think some of the patch notes information for concealment is off. Dwarven scoundrels now have mountain concealment, which in conjunction with their natural durability actually makes Dwarven rogues an *extremely* attractive option for early aggression and harassment now.

On a related note, nice job with the scoundrel changes. I’ve been massing them and testing them out, and while they still die a bit in auto, I feel comfortable using them as a clearing unit now. They’re still not the optimal strategy for clearing, but they die at a low enough rate that a scoundrel opening leaves you with a lot of flexibility for early strikes, and the potential to transition into lesser shadow stalkers around turn 25-35.

I also find myself struggling to analyze scoundrels because each race feels so unique. They’re all good, but in different ways. Elves will hands down be some of the best rushers for rogues now due to the reliability of forest concealment, alongside dwarves. Human scoundrels will not be the best rushers, but might benefit from being put on rivers as an early harassment squad, either containing the enemy or feeding off of lone stragglers to level up, but in general they still will serve as a support to human Assassins, which are *AMAZING* right now holy crap.

Goblin scoundrels struggle to apply their concealment due to the sporadic nature of wetlands hexes, but represent the highest risk highest reward scoundrel option. They clear well enough on their own to still represent a viable military strategy, but if you can get them into enemy territory where they outnumber defenders, they can simultaneously put out excellent damage from their ranged attack, while also powerleveling through a mixture of attacking enemy stragglers or cities and clearing lightly defended nodes.

Orc scoundrels still feel lackluster due to the potency of spearmen, but I find that they’re quite viable on their own right, and are best used mixed in with spearmen for early irregular pressure, which puts orc military in a great place right off the bat. The only race that doesn’t heavily benefit is Draconians, and if I’m being honest that’s completely fine by me. Draconians were in my opinion the strongest rogue race prior to 1.4, due to fast healing on bards and assassins, and access to the best t3 racial for rogue midgame and lategame.

Out of all of this, I think the race that got the most boost for rogues was goblins, as they now possess unique racial features for their first 3 units, and have the ability to fast-heal their bards like a draconian, while also having good damage to boot.

Sorry for posting this here, but I didn’t really think it warranted its own thread. I might copypaste this into the rogue balance discussion, but I just wanted to say I’m seriously impressed with the rogue changes to our earlygame. I actually worry about that human rogues might be overpowered in midgame due to our Ninja Pirate Assassins, but we’ll see how it plays out. Really nice patch all around.

rodocop

Not sure if this bug existed on the previous patch, but I never noticed it.

I killed the Emperor’s AI king and sieged his throne city, he then proceded to escape with all his forces on the second turn… and so i captured the undefended throne and beat him.

Arno
    Keymaster

rodocop, do you have a save so we can reproducing this behavior?

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 370 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.