Patch V1.705 in Open Beta

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Patch V1.705 in Open Beta

This topic contains 132 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  SikBok 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)
  • Author

SikBok
    Keymaster

The latest version of the 1.705 patch just went live in open beta. Took us a bit to look into several tricky issues, but most of them turned out to be non-issues or PBEM stuff we could fix server-side.

I intent this to be the final version of the 1.705 patch and make it official across platforms ASAP. That is, unless you guys & girls manage to break it. So please give this patch hell this weekend.

Patch notes are:

• Mod Editor now only loads low-resolution textures, cutting memory use considerably.
    • Fixed an issue on certain Linux distributions where the checkboxes were not visible in the User Content tab of the Launcher.
    • Linked the correct bird for the Halfling Eagle Rider.
    • Resolved an exploit in Diplomatic AI.
    • Increased the PBEM save game size limit.
    • Fixed a typo in the English Warp Domain description.
    • Updated to Poison Domain description to include which units are not valid targets for the spell’s effect.
    • Updated the Ancient Ruins description to correctly indicate the reward for clearing this structure.
    • Fixed the dragon animation so they correctly spawn particles when using the fire spit ability.

esvath

IIRC, somehwere along the newer patches, the devs made it harder to make alliance with AI. While I understand that AOW is a wargame, could you make it easier?

SeeR

Not sure if this is a bug or not , Today in a live game on the beta , 4 x FFA

I had 4 stacks lined up defending a fortress / fort

The enemy attacked with 3 groups of units

when the battle started , all my units were lined up in the fort on the wrong side , looking away from the enemy , not perched up on the ramparts or nearby facing out towards the enemy like they should have been….. this allowed the enemy to group his units while I was busy running across the fort to the proper side where the enemy was approaching.

It was quite a disadvantage in that battle…..
    and surprised all of the other players that my units appeared to be lined up facing the empty area with no enemy outside the walls… we were all kind of bewildered..

apologies for not taking a screenshot , it occurred to me as an afterthought….

anybody else ever experience this ?

I think I may vaguely remember seeing it once before , but perhaps not.

alexej

Iirc we’ve had some reports of this, but we’ve not seen this behavior in the office in a way that allows us to determine its cause. Main issue here is that a save game from a game in which this occurs doesn’t help us here, we need to catch AI when it decides to make a choice not fitting with its alignment.

Are there any non-standard game settings or mods you use when this happens? Perhaps a specific lord that this tends to happen with?

Cerren the Black is allways atleast Slightly Good in first 15-20 turns and often Good later and he is shadowborn necromancer. Was testing even without any mods activated large map empire building, very slow. He is shadowborn master and destruction adept so he should be evil. Meanwhile Dolores the Hag with SAME specs tend to play evil, very confusing

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  alexej.

Gloweye

IIRC, somehwere along the newer patches, the devs made it harder to make alliance with AI. While I understand that AOW is a wargame, could you make it easier?

IIRC, we can mod this, right ?

esvath

IIRC, we can mod this, right ?

I don’t know… Is there any mod for easier alliance?

Gloweye

I vaguely recall seeing AI diplomatic priorities somewhere, based on relation and alignment.

Xerberus86

any fixed release date yet (gog)?

Edit: nvm lol, saw sikbob’s post 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  Xerberus86.

Draxynnic

That might be because their is two models of good vs. evil interaction and you are expecting the one we are not using. There’s the traditional DnD one, where good likes good and evil likes evil but they don’t like each other. That’s the one we are not using because that model was fighting our trust based relation system.

Even in D&D, this isn’t really the case. The usual concept in D&D is that you have multiple evil power groups which compete with one another and vastly outnumber good – good survives because good is generally better at working together for the common, well, good, while if evil ever achieved the same degree of cooperation, good would be rapidly overwhelmed. Generally, evil is more interested in its own ambition than defeating good for the sake of defeating good.

The times when you do see a monolithic evil is generally when there is some overlord who is powerful enough to keep all the rest in line – and even then you often have a few lesser evils that don’t toe the line – or because the evil beings have some common culture that provides a unifying element (which is reflected by racial relations in AoW3). So if you want to form the unified evil empire, get conquering!

Rohanin

I got an alliance request from the AI today saying: ‘our mutual enemie’. There’s a typo here, don’t know if this was mentioned earlier or already fixed with this last patch, thought it was worth mentioning!

SikBok
    Keymaster

One more request.
    Is it possible to add for Strategic abilities (Build a Road, Fortress etc) an additional option to set building price in gold AND mana (or only mana)?

Again, we won’t be adding feature because we are attempting to wrap up the patch. Did make a note for the patch after this one.

Will make it into the next patch. You’ll find it as “Added mod support for charging mana to build structures and roads on the world map” in the patch notes.

Zaskow

Cool! Thanks!!!

SikBok
    Keymaster

Cool! Thanks!!!

You’re welcome : D>
    Happy modding.

Viewing 13 posts - 121 through 133 (of 133 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.