Eternal Lords PBEM 2v2 Match – Team Beta Champion Blog

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Eternal Lords PBEM 2v2 Match – Team Beta Champion Blog

This topic contains 51 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Kathyxyz 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author

esvath

Meditate, is that a new skill/ability for Theocrat heroes?

haloloki

i saw that and was wondering as well

there is another symbol the same a few spaces underneath which makes it look like a temporary buff but im not sure

yadrian

Meditate is for TorchBringer specialization (counter part of ShadowBorn specialization).

Jomungur

Yadrian is right. However, this particular hero happens to start with it as an innate ability.

Ravenholme

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>esvath wrote:</div>

Yadrian is right. However, this particular hero happens to start with it as an innate ability.

I really enjoy the fact that they’ve added unique abilities to heroes – it is such a great idea.

I think I saw in the eXploriminate Tigran Theo LP a Tigran Dreadnought with Fire Spit, for instance (Channeling that Draconian Hero in 2/SM who had a similar ability)

LordTheRon

I agree, this is really nice. There are also heroes that start with some very nice mounts now. Hope I can show that to you later in this game.

Gamling

Playing the Beta I once got a hero with a sword. I like the extra ability or items a lot. It makes the heroes stand out. It’s a small but great addition.

Meditate is a nice trait to have. I like the random result of using it.

But like all druids, I use the elven longbow out of respect for the elves who founded the first druidic circles.
    🙂

I really enjoy the fact that they’ve added unique abilities to heroes – it is such a great idea.

Playing the Beta I once got a hero with a sword. I like the extra ability or items a lot. It makes the heroes stand out. It’s a small but great addition.

Totally agree. I had an hero the other day that could build roads. Very useful on that map.

LordTheRon

Selenia the Unforgiving turn 3

A nice little kittycat, sent by Rowlar, showed up at my doorstep today. The little Cheetah looked scared when he closed in on Illuman so I decided to meet him outside. I hope that I finally convinced those Tigrans that I won’t hurt them. As a token of my goodness I agreed that Rowlar could take over the tigran village we discovered. The Cheetah also mentioned that Rowlar has reconnaissance of an Elven village south of Illuman.

I sent my Unicorn rider out to investigate and indeed there’s al Elven village down south waiting to be ghoulified. Those poor Elves cowered before my Ghoul unicorn rider and offered peace immediately.

I declined of course. I need more dead bodies, not living Elves! And what do you know, that Elven village comes with some nice bonuses. There’s an Inn there in which I can recruit new units. They’ll be living units, but what’s even better is that there’s a Well of Souls nearby too. This well can heal my undead troops and, even better, turn the living into ghouls.

I feel my bond with the Tigrans is growing stronger. As another token of my good intentions I freed a Tigran Cheetah from a brigand camp. He’ll join Girron for now as my Undead army is growing since we raised another cadaver. Those cadavers decay it I don’t keep them in my reach.

My studying has paid off as I managed to successfully summon some Lost Souls. They are now scouting towards the west. My spell was better than I expected as my Lost Souls have the undying trait, meaning they can return from the dead once more during a battle.

My next stop is the Elven village… soon to be a graveyard!

ninninnin

does undying also work as resurgeance incase combat ends while they are dead?
    if yes what if they blow their undying charge during combat, then die again but end up winning?

Gloweye

does undying also work as resurgeance incase combat ends while they are dead?<br>
    if yes what if they blow their undying charge during combat, then die again but end up winning?

Basically, yes and no. They only get 1 revive per battle.

Fenraellis

If they are dead from their first death when the combat ends victoriously, then they will revive after combat at 35%HP, as per Resurgence. If they die a second time in the battle after reviving through Undying, then they are dead for good(barring a Reanimate Dead ability usage on them).

Jomungur

Rowlar the Warden (Archdruid; Creation Master; Partisan) Turn 3

The local regions are infested with rogues, brigands and monsters of all sorts. They are becoming more than a nuisance; the inhabitants of the local village dare not travel at night. Even daytime travel and commerce is fraught with peril. Understandably, the citizens are also unhappy to see grinning packs of scoundrels occasionally camped outside of the city walls, jeering, threatening, making lewd gestures and generally being a nuisance. I have decided that my first priority is to clear all of these camps, as they will only grow and fester.

The first camp was hiding behind a small mountain range to the northeast. Our scouts had reported that two halfling scoundrels and a draconian scoundrel had encamped there, periodically ambushing travellers on the nearby road. I decided to surprise them at night. As I expected, they did not see us coming, allowing us to set up our attacks. While this would be an almost certain victory, I wanted to minimize any losses so we did not need to waste time recovering from battle wounds. Fighting halflings is always tricky, as though they are physically frail they have an uncanny ability to completely evade even the deadliest strikes on occasion. For this reason, we decided to kill the draconian first. Chakraz went into his meditative balance trance, and since I was the best distance archer, I struck first, loosing three volleys of deadly arrows at the draconian scoundrel. I then ordered my sabretooth chariot riders to use their fire spears to strike the draconian, setting him flame before killing him.

The halfling scoundrels were armed with light crossbows and struck at a company of sabretooth chariots, but even when crippled by the barbed bolts they were fast enough to retreat, allowing Chakraz to use his theocrat training to heal them. I then finished one of the scoundrels off, and my baby hunter spider phased behind the remaining scoundrel and ensnared it in a web. At that point, there was no contest and I let the spider devour her prey.

Next we encountered a trading post guarded by more halflings. These were not common brigands, but a renegade group of mercenaries that had were extorting local merchants and “persuading” them to trade their wares at punitive prices. They were led by a group of the fabled eagle riders: the fastest troops in the realms. Also accompany them were a group of clowns, some brew brothers and a company of pony riders. Though they were all a bit drunk (especially the brew brothers), I knew not to underestimate them.

This was going to be a much tougher fight, and I brought a full army including my shredders and cheetahs. For the first time I also wielded druidic magic in the fight. I started the battle by unleashing a swarm of hornets on the unsuspecting foes.

Throw into chaos by the hornets and bleeding profusely, they charged forward in disarray. This is exactly what I wanted, and my shredders and chariots were able to take down the eagle rider before he could close in. Ironically, the clowns inflicted the most damage by throwing deadly fireworks in our midst. One of these hit me squarely in the chest and exploded. Sorely wounded, I had to send my cheetahs in to close in to keep the brew brothers from striking me. The cheetahs pounced on the jesters, making quick work of them, but This tactic worked, but unfortunately the cheetahs perished before I could finally take out the brew brothers.

Still, the prize was well worth it, as the trading post is an important gathering place for merchants in the local area. Chakraz finds this all ironic and amusing: that it a druid who is the one who is finally making the village safe, clearing bandit camps, opening the roads for safe travel and promoting commerce. But if the Way is the supreme principle, it is precisely because, like water, it can adapt to any situation, to any environment, and point to the optimal course of action. No doubt we will debate this endlessly in the weeks to come.

Brhaspati

Good reading. Thanks and keep it coming guys. Sorry to ask if this was mentioned somewhere earlier but how are battles between two human players going to be resolved? Is it an automatic combat or do the two parties have to meet online?

Low_K

Good reading. Thanks and keep it coming guys. Sorry to ask if this was mentioned somewhere earlier but how are battles between two human players going to be resolved? Is it an automatic combat or do the two parties have to meet online?

Automatic battle (unfortunately), but understandable for a logistics view.

I agree; Great reading! Love the background of the indies about extorting and such. Very well done!

Kind regards,

Low

LordTheRon

Sorry guys, next update will be Monday. I’m away for the Easter weekend.

LordTheRon

Really sorry for more delay guys but when I got back from my Easter weekend my optic fiber internet connection was dead. Mechanic needs to come over to fix things sadly so I’m stuck with my phone to connect to the www. It should be fixed tomorrowmorning. Hope to play my turn right after.

LordTheRon

Ok I managed to get a shaky hotspot up and it worked. It’ll be a short enty though.

Selenia the Unforgiving day 4

As we headed south to our newly picked graveyard I ventured across some dangerous fiery foes. Hellhounds, Fire Bombers and hatchlings in an environment full of liquid flames called a Forge. For now we avoid them as my Ghoul units have not yet been embalmed and first priority is taking that Elven Village.

We also passed a mine guarded by some Kittycats. They wouldn’t plegde their loyalty to me and not even Rowlar. The cowards tried to run, but there was no other way then simply hunting them down and adding another to my nicely growing cadaver pool.

My Storm Sister and Longbowmen gained another medal for bravery. Brave Undead… huh… Well as long as they grow stronger in the process I don’t mind.

Meanwhile I summoned my second group of Lost Souls. They are now in search of other riches that lie hidden in these lands.

Tomorrow will see the razing of the Elven Village. Sure I could slowly turn them into Ghouls, but perhaps plundering is a better idea. It would be an excellent opportunity to test my new Animate Ruins spell.

Jomungur

Rowlar the Warden Turn 4

I spilled tigran blood today. It was to be expected. My efforts to build and consolidate territory were bound to attract challenges from local rivals. Tigrans generally are an independent minded people and have an inclination to resist authority. And the resurgence of an old folk hero like myself, clearing the countryside and bringing peace the village, was too threatening for a particular band of tigrans, led by a small-time tigran warlord.

The would-be warlord called me out and issued a challenge in the traditional way. The challenge would be to the death. He was of the order of tigran prowlers; a commando military group that specializes in city infiltration and hand to hand combat. Individually they are not so strong, but they fight very well together and are easy to produce en masse.

He brought with him two companies of prowlers, a company of sun guards and a group of cheetahs. I could pick 4 troops in the challenge: I brought myself, Chakraz and two of my sabretooth riders. We met at a nearby gold mine.

“He will charge us”, Chakraz mentioned to me as we looked at the enemy forces. “And once he closes in the sun guard in particular will be very difficult to take down.”

“Don’t worry,” I replied. “I have a surprise for him”.

Though brave, the warlord was not particularly sophisticated in combat. As Chakraz surmised, he charged his whole army at us. I gathered my troops back and then cast the ‘twisting roots’ spell. Suddenly, roots and vines emerged from the ground and ensnared all of the troops on the battlefield. The enemy prowlers and sun guard in particular were slowed to a crawl.

Since my army consisted of all cavalry units, we were not slowed down as much as his army and could still move at a reasonable speed. With our speed advantage, we were easily to pick apart his forces with range attacks before they could close in. We suffered no losses.

Later that evening, Chakraz expressed his regret about the incident. “Here we are, with a common foe to fight to the east, and yet we still fight each other with these archaic challenges and battles. We could have used those prowlers in our army.”

“There is a greater wisdom at work here, Chakraz. By allowing formal challenges, the tigran civilization actually allows a chieftain to consolidate authority earlier and root out insurgent elements before they become too powerful. This is for the greater good of the community, and is the reason for this ancient tradition.”

Chakraz was not convinced. But with one challenge dispensed with, we turned to the south to meet the tigran village that Selenia had informed us about. I intend to incorporate into my realm as soon as possible, whether through force or diplomacy.

Go Jom!

LordTheRon

Selenia the Unforgiving turn 5

The puny Elven village of Wasthenoth declared war on us overnight. A reckless union guard even dared to attack Girron but failed miserably of course. There were no two ways about it, Wasthenoth was going to fall today.

But first we stumbled upon the Well of Souls.

It was guarded by a Carrion Bird and 4 Grimbeak Crows. These crows can be dangerous with their first strike. Even worse was the fact that a dark gift spell was active making them even stronger.

So we had to use some cannon fodder Cadavers to take a beating before we overcame all of them. My ghouls happily drunk from the well to fully heal up and march on to Wasthenoth. It wasn’t even a realy fight to take the village. We started the incantation to ghoulify Wasthenoth immediately. When this is done, a nice Inn will be under my control. We can recruit some living units there, but if I want to I can transform them into ghouls quickly using the Well of Souls.

Meanwhile in Illuman a lovely builders hall is finally finished. Next up is an embalmers guild. With the embalming ritual I can create stronger ghouls. Ghouls that last longer and have a much better protection against fire.

Kathyxyz

Hello my name is Kathy Smith and i want to testify about the powerful magical mirror that helped my life in positive ways and that blessed me. I have been hearing about this magical mirror for long and i have been searching for a way to get it but to no avail all my efforts seemed to be in vain but my cousin’s friend told me how she ordered for the magical mirror from Dada Magical a powerful man from Africa and how she used it and how she became blessed. At first i thought it was a joke but i decided to order for it by contacting Magicalmirrorofgoodness@hotmail.com and i got it. To my greatest surprise, the mirror was even better than what i expected. The magical mirror is really a good one and it worked and it is still with me and it is still working. The magical mirror is HARMLESS and it is not scaring. it tells me what to do and what not to do, it reveals deep secret to me, it protect me and it tells me who is against me and who is my true friend. It suggest good ideas for me and it has made me rich too and in fact the magical mirror is a solution because is provide and can tell you solution to your problems. Am so excited and am so endowed and blessed to have the magical mirror with me. This magical mirror helps protect against evil. This is real and you can get it and see for your self so if you need the magical mirror don’t hesitate to get it and you can get it by contacting Magicalmirrorofgoodness@hotmail.com

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.