PBEM – Add leader portrait in the game selection screen

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions PBEM – Add leader portrait in the game selection screen

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Pothead Pixie 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

If there’s any room for this in the PBEM Game Selection window, adding the leader’s portrait would help to quickly distinguish between games. Mouse over it could show name/ race / class as a tooltip?

(Information about the actual game settings after the game has started would also be useful, btw.)

Thx!

Dagoth Ur

+1

Or the possibility to add a personal description to your games, so you can type down what leader you’re using and what you were planning to do next etc…

LordCameron

+1 as well. Despite the 10 PBEM ability now (Which is awesome) I am trying to limit my games for sanity reasons because I lose track of what I am doing.

+1

Or the possibility to add a personal description to your games, so you can type down what leader you’re using and what you were planning to do next etc…

I think this is the better solution, since you may be using the same leader for more than one game. Having some sort of notepad will also help you remember important actions.

smeagolheart

If a programmer writes a couple of lines of codes, Pothead Pixie won’t need to provide a notepad.

If a programmer writes a couple of lines of codes, Pothead Pixie won’t need to provide a notepad.

I meant an in game notepad. A leader portrait by itself won’t tell you much about a game.

I believe it will definately help to distinguish your PBEM games,
    which is basically what the application must provide at this layer (and no more).

To tell something about the game itself / even with user input is completely different functionality – and likely more work to add. I think it may be possible to do this *fairly easy* (but what do I know?) because:

The portraits (and schools, for that matter) are already visible before the game is loaded.

So this information seems to be in some kind of header of the save and could perhaps be presented to the correct player.

[edit:typo]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.