PBEM balance mod

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

This topic contains 343 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Rodmar18 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 344 total)
  • Author

Zaskow

– Elf cities get +5 RP

Fixed.

– Human Awakened Martyrs’ base ranged damage need to be increased to 13 (we’re still working on another solution, should be ready for v1.25)

Done.

– all Awakened Martyrs must be removed their melee and ranged boost at all medals

Impossible. Even without medal bonuses system uses default options from tier resource of title.rpk

Also, would it be possible to correct this vanilla bug?

I’ll check.

Hiliadan

Hiliadan wrote:

– all Awakened Martyrs must be removed their melee and ranged boost at all medals

Impossible. Even without medal bonuses system uses default options from tier resource of title.rpk

But Awakened Martyrs are on their own tier resource, they’re not T1, T2, T3, T4. So isn’t this possible to remove the ranged bonus, just as I removed the HP bonus when I created them?

Hiliadan

Checked the new release of v1.23.
    – Awakened Martyrs’ base ranged damage
    * Humans, etc. all are 1 point too high (e.g. Humans are at 14 instead of 13)
    * except Halfling who are still at 7 instead of 9 and Frostlings at 11 instead of 13
    – The issue of 1-2 free points at level 1 happened in all the heroes and Leaders
    * Cerrin Treefolk: 2 pts
    * Henna: 2 pts
    * Liddia: 2 pts
    – Lesser Convert appears as “Convert” in the ToW. Same for Lesser Befriend Animal and Lesser Control Undead. (in the page where all the heroes’ upgrades are listed)
    – Scout Death March is not included in the localization files so no description. Should be something like:

All T1 Irregulars in target friendly army gain additional Movement equal to their maximum [moveWalk/] point until end of turn. All affected units lose 50% of their current [hp+/], acquire Exhausted for 3 [turn/] as well as Cannot Heal and Cannot Regenerate until the end of the strategic turn. The movement capabilities of the units in combat are not affected. Does not affect Machine, Undead or Exhausted units.

Remaining to check later:
    – try to replicate: the “like Blighted” of Blight Command (from the Necromancer’s Robe item) does not work on Leader, or at least not on High Elf Necromancer Leader.
    – why the balance mod causes notifications when switching between debug mode and non-debug mode players in PBEM (it didn’t before and other mods don’t)

Also to do later (not for today’s release):
    – update the changelog to indicate the bug fixes (Awakened Martyrs, Fairies’s fire)
    – The issue of 1-2 free points at level 1 for all pre-made Leaders
    – I think Exhausted Fatigue does not speak of Scout Death March

Hiliadan

Note to self, to check for next update:

From Badok:

In LOCALBALANCE:
    Training regimen (I also removed redundant “and” from russian line); Summon banshee (there were english words in polish line); Lesser Convert (added “animals” to polish line); Fortifying Meal (not sure what now, but something changed there ); And then everything below Awakened Martyr

In BAL_ABILITIES: Mind Controlled Unit (specified that maintenance increase is 25%); Lesser Seduction (listed immune units); Lava walk (removed double-space and 60%->100%); Choking Fumes (removed double “-“); And everything below Throw Ice Ball

About Produce Eva
    Evangelist: Of course, you’re right. It’s “Produkuj ewangelistów”. “ewangelistów” is supposed to be lowercase – Polish grammar rules.

+ Berserk’s description in the .xml is the one from the passive property and not from the spell, it needs to be changed.

Possible bug: I’m pretty sure I just had a halfling martyr evolve to an awakened high elf martyr. Evolves shouldn’t change race, right?

Hiliadan

Thanks for reporting Mauve! I’ll check that soon.
    Nice to see you here by the way! 🙂

Another thing to investigate:
    – looks like Toadstool Fairy now has a 5/5/5 attack displayed when you hover over it on the strategic map: an indy Toadstool had two ranged attacks, one at 4/4/4 and one at 5/5/5 in a game that was launched before the latest updates to v1.23. On the unit panel, only the 4/4/4 is displayed, but on the strategic map, you can see both. So probably not a big issue, only a display issue.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Hiliadan.

Hiliadan

– looks like Toadstool Fairy now has a 5/5/5 attack displayed when you hover over it on the strategic map: an indy Toadstool had two ranged attacks, one at 4/4/4 and one at 5/5/5 in a game that was launched before the latest updates to v1.23. On the unit panel, only the 4/4/4 is displayed, but on the strategic map, you can see both. So probably not a big issue, only a display issue.

Was not able to reproduce. Probably an issue with games created with old version of 1.23 then updated.

just had a halfling martyr evolve to an awakened high elf martyr. Evolves shouldn’t change race, right?

Confirmed, needs to be fixed.

Hiliadan

Also: Inject Mana Fuel is apparently never used by the AI in auto-combat.

Hiliadan

To investigate:
    – Kir Dachi apparently starts with 1 defense point upgrade chosen for free (so the 2nd directly costs 2 UP)
    – I got 1 report that heroes or Leaders (to confirm) for -2 points on the main branch, which is weird because they never got the free points in the first place

gladis

I discovered this bug 3 weeks ago but I fear it still isn´t solved:

Goblin Awakened Martyr has 2 Defence Points and one Resistance Points less than it should have. I checked the Tome and I also played Goblin Theo – please solve as soon as possible.

Hiliadan

Remaining issues:
    – Endre (Frost DN) has 1 UP (should be 0) (5+3 = 8 free points)
    – Birgit (Frost Theo) is lacking 1 UP to get Divine Protection (5+4 should be at 9)
    – Kir-Dachi is lacking 2 UP so he cannot get 1/ Iron Heart and 2/ his 1 free point (so needs to get +2 free skill points) (1+4+5+4= 14)
    – Nashack is lacking 2 UP to get his base +1 Resistance (4+2+4+2 = 12) – by the way, what happened to him?? he is supposed to have Befriend Animal but does not have it and I don’t see anything to compensate it.
    – Firak is lacking 8 UP to get Flash Bang and Forcefield
    – Falenas is lacking 1 UP to take +5 HP (4+2+4+1=11) – same as Nashack: supposed to have Befriend Animal but has nothing to compensate
    – Kwepa is lacking 1 UP to take Blight Protection (4+1+1+1+4 = 11) – same as Nashack: supposed to have Befriend Animal but has nothing to compensate
    – Liddia is lacking 3 UP to take Throw Curse (should be at 5+4+3=12)
    – Goblin Awakened Martyrs need +2 def, +1 res
    – All Awakened Martyrs need to be checked to make sure their base stats are those of Elite Martyrs: that’s still not the case, e.g. I saw some with too many ranged damage (the medals give +2 to Elite Martyrs)

Hiliadan

Another one:
    – the new ranged attack added for Fairies is not set as default action, so it reverts to melee as default which can be quite dangerous for people not paying attention

Hiliadan

Ok I checked latest version, remaining issues:
    – Goblin Awakened: should be 13 physical and 4 blight (not 12/5)
    – Halfling Awakened: missing the +2 ranged (9)
    – Tigran Awakaned: missing the +2 ranged (13), melee too high (10)

– My bad for Endre, it’s 4+3 so 7 free points, not 8.
    – Kir-Dachi: he has Holy Champion and he is not supposed to have it, not sure how he ended up with it? oO
    – For Falenas, Kwepa and Nashack, I’m surprised they don’t have extra skill points (if you followed the values I wrote) because they don’t have Befriend Animal so they should get 4 free points. What’s going on? (nothing to correct here but I’d just like to understand what’s happening to be sure we won’t have side-effects)

Zaskow

– Kir-Dachi: he has Holy Champion and he is not supposed to have it, not sure how he ended up with it? oO

That’s all hero’s abilities he has.
    https://c2n.me/3SngeGS

Kwepa

https://c2n.me/3SngjjH

Falenas

https://c2n.me/3Sngl3C

Nashack

https://clip2net.com/s/3Sngnjk

Hiliadan

Note to self for v1.24:
    – investigate the Archon Dwelling issues with Quest, which can lead to Archon Titan reward early game (find back the post by Zytozid)
    – investigate Hard Quest for racial cities with defender sets = 1 Frost Dragon and 1 Wyvern, Draconian Town see https://i.imgur.com/EcjGmem.png

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Hiliadan.

Hiliadan

Also this:
    – Flowrock Quarry Rewards link > Resource is on Trading Post, should that not be Flowrock Quarry? http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/questions-about-flowrock-quarry/
    – Ziggurath has at least one very weak defender set with Watcher, Berserkers, Shreder. Check what’s wrong with it (likely total gold or maybe lack of strong units in the set).

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by  Hiliadan.

Hiliadan

Badok is updating the Polish translation so please don’t modify the .xml for now. 🙂

Checked v1.24, here are the issues:
    – Forge Aprons’ description to update: add “Unlocks Fireproofing.” at the end of the description
    – Undeath Aura from the Obelisk of Undeath is not displayed in unit panel and heals 5 HP instead of 6 HP
    – Exhausted Fatigue’s description should say “by Death March or Scout Death March’s effects”.
    – in LOCALBALANCE.xml
    * Training regimen: remove redundant “and” from the Russian line
    * Summon banshee: @badok: remove English words in the Polish line
    * Lesser Convert: add “animals” to the Polish line
    * Fortifying Meal: @badok: please double check to redo the change you did last time
    – in BAL_ABILITIES.xml
    * @badok: specify that maintenance increase is 25% in Polish
    * @badok: Lesser Seduction: list immune units in Polish
    * @badok: Choking Fumes: removed double “-“ in Polish
    * @badok: update “Produkuj ewangelistów”
    * @zaskow: the description for the Cause Berserk for the Karissa item seems incorrect. Looks like you copied the description of the passive ability result instead of the the description of the spell. Could you please update?

+ old issues:
    – Lesser Convert appears as “Convert” in the ToW. Same for Lesser Befriend Animal and Lesser Control Undead. (in the page where all the heroes’ upgrades are listed)

Still to check/to do (for me):
    – check the non Fire/Earth domains
    – Chamber of Rite gives Heal Undead to all Supports in the domain
    – Fey Dwelling’s buildings and all below in the changelog
    – investigate the Archon Dwelling issues with Quest, which can lead to Archon Titan reward early game (find back the post by Zytozid)
    – investigate Hard Quest for racial cities with defender sets = 1 Frost Dragon and 1 Wyvern, Draconian Town see https://i.imgur.com/EcjGmem.png
    – Flowrock Quarry Rewards link > Resource is on Trading Post, should that not be Flowrock Quarry? http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/questions-about-flowrock-quarry/
    – Ziggurath has at least one very weak defender set with Watcher, Berserkers, Shreder. Check what’s wrong with it (likely total gold or maybe lack of strong units in the set).
    – check the exclusion of the domain spells
    – try to replicate: the “like Blighted” of Blight Command (from the Necromancer’s Robe item) does not work on Leader, or at least not on High Elf Necromancer Leader.
    – why the balance mod causes notifications when switching between debug mode and non-debug mode players in PBEM (it didn’t before and other mods don’t)
    – update the changelog to indicate the bug fixes (Awakened Martyrs, Fairies’s fire)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Hiliadan.

Zaskow

– Undeath Aura from the Obelisk of Undeath is not displayed in unit panel and heals 5 HP instead of 6 HP

Undeath Aura heals 10% of unit HP per turn currently. Healing with fixed amount of HP is impossible to implement (or I don’t know how).
    Also this version contains skill pts issue of leader probably. I’ll upload fixed version in the evening today.

Hiliadan

Additional stuff:
    – Fairy Charm is at 80 gold, what happened? It should be at 160 (unmodified) according to https://i.imgur.com/qd2u9ui.jpg and the Wikia
    – Necromantic Aura’s description to update: “If it fails, the enemy unit gets Mind Control Immunity”.
    – Necromantic Aura gives the MCI only for 2 turns, should be for the whole battle

Also a bug of the vanilla:
    – “like Blighted” of Blight Command (from the Necromancer’s Robe item) does not work on Necromancer Leader and hero (I think that’s because Necro are modified to not Dislike or Hate Blighted and that conflicts with the modifier from Blight Command)

I still need to check “Forbidden Sanctum no longer has a defender set containing Nymphs and Shamans”, the other vanilla issues not specific to v1.24 + the issue with debug/not debug.
    Also I didn’t check the Leaders and heroes’ UP.

EDIT: also in the .xml, the ability from Obelisk of Undeath says it resurrects humans, orcs etc, basically all races except frostlings, tigrans and halflings. To check if it does resurrect all and then update the .xml. (also check in vanilla if the description is incorrect)
    Actually in all logic, it should work like the battle enchantment of Tombs and affect all living units (including Animals, etc.).

Zaskow

– Forge Aprons’ description to update: add “Unlocks Fireproofing.” at the end of the description

– Exhausted Fatigue’s description should say “by Death March or Scout Death March’s effects”.
    – in LOCALBALANCE.xml

* Training regimen: remove redundant “and” from the Russian line

Done.

* @zaskow: the description for the Cause Berserk for the Karissa item seems incorrect. Looks like you copied the description of the passive ability result instead of the the description of the spell. Could you please update?

Really?

In editor these descriptions look good…

They share same rewards. It’s vanilla feature.

– Fairy Charm is at 80 gold, what happened? It should be at 160 (unmodified) according to https://i.imgur.com/qd2u9ui.jpg and the Wikia

There is a mistake in this picture and wikia.

EDIT: also in the .xml, the ability from Obelisk of Undeath says it resurrects humans, orcs etc, basically all races except frostlings, tigrans and halflings. To check if it does resurrect all and then update the .xml. (also check in vanilla if the description is incorrect)

This is not Obelisk of Undeath, but Chamber of Rite and it has all race names.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Zaskow.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Zaskow.

Hiliadan

That’s the issue I’m talking about for all the mind-control abilities and their lesser equivalent.

About Cause Berserk on the Karissa item: what’s the stuff on line 75-76 of BAL_ABILITIES.xml then?
    Checking the “Convert”/”Lesser Convert” display issue, I think I found the answer: looks like it’s the Berserk spells from Warlord heroes. And that matches the changes proposed here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eVOyD2rdiUb4PytVhaKT1rxNiWMquRAlnXw587VwBpg/edit#gid=0 on line 48. However, it looks like the wrong “Berserk” description was taken. The one from the property was used, instead of the one from the spell. So the one from here http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Berserk should be used instead.

Yes I know it’s vanilla, just like the 2 Quest stuff. But seems weird, so maybe could be corrected in the balance mod. I need to investigate the details more.

The line on the .xml (used in game, I just checked) did mention only the races I listed. Badok updated to include all races.
    Also, I don’t know why but it is displayed as a property in the units’ panel (and the name is incorrect it says Obelisk of Undeath instead of Chamber of the Rite).
    I checked the spell in game and it’s actually Crypt of Unlife, as I expected. So we can update the description to say that, that will be both more accurate (it affects all corpses except Undeads, etc.) and shorter.
    So replace “it animates the corpses of Draconian, Dwarf, Goblin, High Elf, Human, and Orc units that have died, as undead ghoul.” by “the defender will have Chant of Unlife active.”

Hiliadan

A small display issue from the .xml it seems: Dwarf RG2’s gold mine bonus has no description in cities’ panel. So it only displays “x [number]” and not “RG2 x [number]”.

Hiliadan

The ToW’s entry for Necro needs to be edited to remove mention of Raise Corpse:

EDIT: also check that http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/small-bug-with-halfling-musketeer/

Hiliadan

Another one:
    https://gyazo.com/71e2762e6c98e5fc5aeb02c41818dfaa Hard Quest, Draconian Town, defender: 1 Bone Dragon + 2 Frost Wyverns, reward is 1 Hatchling and 9 gold or 40 gold.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Hiliadan.

Hiliadan

Things to fix for the next update of v1.24:

About Cause Berserk on the Karissa item: what’s the stuff on line 75-76 of BAL_ABILITIES.xml then?
    Checking the “Convert”/”Lesser Convert” display issue, I think I found the answer: looks like it’s the Berserk spells from Warlord heroes. And that matches the changes proposed here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eVOyD2rdiUb4PytVhaKT1rxNiWMquRAlnXw587VwBpg/edit#gid=0 on line 48. However, it looks like the wrong “Berserk” description was taken. The one from the property was used, instead of the one from the spell. So the one from here http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Berserk should be used instead.

Also, for the item, is it possible to use the .xml? Because now it seems you edited the text directly in the mod tool and it cannot be translated, right?

– there are 2 Forge Aprons in the ToW and one has a green icon and its description is not up to date, I imagine it needs to be removed?
    – Exhausted (the property given by Death March) cannot be found in the ToW
    – the Heal Undead provided by Chamber of the Rite is incorrectly displayed as coming from Obelisk of Undeath
    – an ability with the icon of Chamber of the Rite appears in units’ panel when they are in the domain of an Archon Dwelling with a Chamber of the Rite built. It is wrongly entitled Obelisk of Undeath. There is no need for this icon to be displayed (just like there is no Hopital icon displayed in cities that heal living units)
    – the actual battlefield enchantment provided by Chamber of the Rite is Crypt of Unlife, so the description of Chamber of the Rite should be updated to be: “This dwelling regenerates [hp/] of garrisoned Undead units. In addition during sieges, the defender will have Chant of Unlife active. Chamber of the Rite also gives Heal Undead to all Supports in the domain.”
    – “like Blighted” of Blight Command (from the Necromancer’s Robe item) does not work on Necromancer Leader and hero (I think that’s because Necro are modified to not Dislike or Hate Blighted and that conflicts with the modifier from Blight Command)
    – The ToW’s entry for Necro needs to be edited to remove mention of Raise Corpse:

– “Domain of xx: Elementals and Magical Origin units now Like the climate”: currently Magical Origins units get the Like bonus. This needs to be removed. We debated it in the core group and got 3 for, 2 against so it doesn’t qualify (would need a net +3 so 4 vs 1 or 5 vs 0).
    – Halfling Musketeer’s defense needs to be upped from 10 to 11 (bug fix of vanilla)
    – Kir-Dachi misses 1 Extra skill point (he should have 1 free UP)

Also some weird stuff that would be good to check… The following heroes seem to have incorrect mounts, could you please check how their mount is defined?
    – Malzua (Drac Sorcerer), on a pony
    – Jurwarc (Orc Warlord), on a pony
    – Bolmor (Dward AD), on a pony

And I still need to check:
    – “Forbidden Sanctum no longer has a defender set containing Nymphs and Shamans” (seems OK but I’d like to double check)

These are delayed to v1.25 because I can’t access mod tools now due to 1.801:
    – investigate Hard Quest for racial cities with defender sets = 1 Frost Dragon and 1 Wyvern, Draconian Town see https://i.imgur.com/EcjGmem.png + https://gyazo.com/71e2762e6c98e5fc5aeb02c41818dfaa Hard Quest, Draconian Town, defender: 1 Bone Dragon + 2 Frost Wyverns, reward is 1 Hatchling and 9 gold or 40 gold.
    – Ziggurath has at least one very weak defender set with Watcher, Berserkers, Shreder. Check what’s wrong with it (likely total gold or maybe lack of strong units in the set)

Jolly Joker

Things to fix for the next update of v1.24:

– Halfling Musketeer’s defense needs to be upped from 10 to 11 (bug fix of vanilla)

This is actually a change from 8 to 9 (in the package manager); the remaining +2 Def are the result of the Armored ability the unit has.

Zaskow

– there are 2 Forge Aprons in the ToW and one has a green icon and its description is not up to date, I imagine it needs to be removed?

Deleted.

Fixed. But why it should be visible?

– the Heal Undead provided by Chamber of the Rite is incorrectly displayed as coming from Obelisk of Undeath
    – an ability with the icon of Chamber of the Rite appears in units’ panel when they are in the domain of an Archon Dwelling with a Chamber of the Rite built. It is wrongly entitled Obelisk of Undeath. There is no need for this icon to be displayed (just like there is no Hopital icon displayed in cities that heal living units)
    – the actual battlefield enchantment provided by Chamber of the Rite is Crypt of Unlife, so the description of Chamber of the Rite should be updated to be: “This dwelling regenerates [hp/] of garrisoned Undead units. In addition during sieges, the defender will have Chant of Unlife active. Chamber of the Rite also gives Heal Undead to all Supports in the domain.”

Fixed.

– The ToW’s entry for Necro needs to be edited to remove mention of Raise Corpse:

I can’t find the part of text where necro heroes mentioned. 🙁

– “Domain of xx: Elementals and Magical Origin units now Like the climate”: currently Magical Origins units get the Like bonus. This needs to be removed. We debated it in the core group and got 3 for, 2 against so it doesn’t qualify (would need a net +3 so 4 vs 1 or 5 vs 0).

Lol, it seems I forgot to add like bonus for Magical Origins units, so nothing to change.

– Kir-Dachi misses 1 Extra skill point (he should have 1 free UP)

Fixed.

Also some weird stuff that would be good to check… The following heroes seem to have incorrect mounts, could you please check how their mount is defined?
    – Malzua (Drac Sorcerer), on a pony
    – Jurwarc (Orc Warlord), on a pony
    – Bolmor (Dward AD), on a pony

Fixed. No clue how it could happen.

– investigate Hard Quest for racial cities with defender sets = 1 Frost Dragon and 1 Wyvern, Draconian Town see https://i.imgur.com/EcjGmem.png + https://gyazo.com/71e2762e6c98e5fc5aeb02c41818dfaa Hard Quest, Draconian Town, defender: 1 Bone Dragon + 2 Frost Wyverns, reward is 1 Hatchling and 9 gold or 40 gold.

Found bug and fixed.

Hiliadan

Thanks! I’ll check the new build on Dropbox tomorrow probably.

Hiliadan wrote:

Lol, it seems I forgot to add like bonus for Magical Origins units, so nothing to change.

Not sure what you mean? I did see Magical Origin units liking the climate for at least one Domain of xx spell.

Hiliadan wrote:

Fixed. But why it should be visible?

Why not? 😛 If something is in game, it should in general be searchable in the ToW so that players can get info on it when they plan to use it or plan to face it. And when you read the description of Death March, you might want to check what Exhausted exactly does / check if it does mention both Death March and Scout Death March for instance.

Zaskow

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1374641017

SDNR mod was released on steam. Also introducing some photoshop madskillz from me 😀

Hiliadan

I checked the new fixes and all is fine.

Adding one bug to fix in v1.24: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/sprint-should-be-physical-debuff-to-avoid-dispel-and-steal-enchantment/

What changes did you bring to fix this one?

Still to do / check on your side @zaskow for v1.24:
    – The ToW’s entry for Necro needs to be edited to remove mention of Raise Corpse. You edited the entry of the Halfling race once (to change the description to 15% Physical Weakness), it’s probably in a similar place but for class?

Also as discussed on Steam, I suggest to add the icons from IIaanor now, since it will take a very long time for him to finish the remaining ones.

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 344 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.