PBEM balance mod

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

This topic contains 343 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Rodmar18 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 344 total)
  • Author

Hiliadan

Two issues:
    – Draconian RG3 gives +10 CP to Leaders of ANY race, not just Draconians. So if you play Dwarf Sorcerer and gets Draconian RG3, you get +10 CP on your Dwarf Sorcerer Leader [to investigate to confirm it]
    – healing of Hospital seems to be blocked by Exhausted? (from Death March) It should not. The thing that should block it is “Cannot Heal”, not “Exhausted”.

Hiliadan

I checked the Sprint issue, it works. Couldn’t check the Quest issue easily so didn’t do it.

I suggest to push these to v1.25 (I confirmed the Draconian RG3 issue):

– “Domain of xx: Elementals and Magical Origin units now Like the climate”: currently Magical Origins units get the Like bonus. This needs to be removed. We debated it in the core group and got 3 for, 2 against so it doesn’t qualify (would need a net +3 so 4 vs 1 or 5 vs 0).
    – The ToW’s entry for Necro needs to be edited to remove mention of Raise Corpse. You edited the entry of the Halfling race once (to change the description to 15% Physical Weakness), it’s probably in a similar place but for class?

Also as discussed on Steam, I suggest to add the icons from IIaanor now, since it will take a very long time for him to finish the remaining ones.

– Draconian RG3 gives +10 CP to Leaders of ANY race, not just Draconians. So if you play Dwarf Sorcerer and gets Draconian RG3, you get +10 CP on your Dwarf Sorcerer Leader
    – healing of Hospital seems to be blocked by Exhausted? (from Death March) It should not. The thing that should block it is “Cannot Heal”, not “Exhausted”.

Hiliadan

Preliminary changelog for v1.25:
    GC26
    Forbidden Sanctum’s battle enchantment is Mass Bless / Mass Curse and Shock Missile cast every turn on a random enemy unit

Ti02
    Tigran cities get +3 gold bonus (was 5)

GC55a
    Blocked Rivers (rapids) are now generated only as small sections of rivers (about 5 hexes long), and not as long rivers

GC07a
    Tournament size 65 x 73 becomes Tournament square 73 x 73

GC14a
    Kwapa, Nashac and, Falenas get Awaken Spirit and 2 free points (was nothing in the balance mod and Befriend Animal in the official version)

Dr21c
    Inject Mana Fuel has cooldown 3 and can be dispelled (was Once per battle and cannot be dispelled).

GC27
    Sunken City’s battle enchantment is Frost Missile (cast every turn on an enemy unit)

GC54
    Dwellings can now be targeted by the following spells: Poison Domain, Summoner’s Aura, Hallowed Domain, Embrace Darkness, Scales of Fortune, Spiritual Freedom, Glyph of Warding, Mana Fuel Cell, all the Domains of xx, Night Wish.

Dr23
    Dreadnoughts get +5 gold/Village

Ne01b
    Stiffen Limb has a strength 13 Spirit check and cost 7 CP. If it fails, its target gets -12 MP for one turn (was no attack check).

Ne05i
    Lesser Reanimate Undead is removed for heroes and Leaders and Greater Reanimate Undead is renamed Reanimate Undead

Ne06g
    Ghouling Strike does not give any damage bonus (was +5 physical, +5 blight)

Ne17
    Whispers of the Fallen is Tier 2 and costs 120 RP (was Tier 1 and 60 RP)

Fe03
    Unicorns get Healing on Elite

Jolly Joker

Question to you, guys.

Wizard’s Tower has Arcane Catalyst as MCU which gives a Rank and Supercharged to Summoned units, Supercharged means, that if a Supercharged unit dies in battle it spwwns a random Lesser Elemental until the end of combat.

The rank is somewhat secondary. But is Supercharged really good, considering that WT is pretty tough nut to crack. In theory, the ability ain’t bad on weak Summons (say a Lost Soul) and POSSIBLY in auto-battles against other humans on any Summons (if, say, an Angel is killed, a Lesser Elemental in its place is like a reinforcement).
    However, WT’s will be taken comparatively late, and late means, weak Summons won’t be much of an option. Additionally, the advantage of Summons are that you can summon it into a front army (with hero), and a WT may be deep in your territory, far away from the action.

In Single Player it’s even worse, because losing good Summons is not that great, while the AI won’t really get into WTs anyway.

At the moment I’m trying the effect of giving summoned units +1 for all magic damage channels (opening new ones). Yes, that’s big, but – so what?

Any comments? Ideas?

Hiliadan

You should bring that debate to the chat of the BF to get more feedback I think https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=community, here nobody will read and answer.

Getting the Tower’s MCU in a Duel is not an option because it’s too fast. But on a map with 8 players, I believe it to be very strong. We had plans with it in a 4×2 game, but my ally, who had the MCU in his domain, had to leave for IRL reasons so we were not able to use it. The site was cleared around turn 20 so could have been used for a very long time.

WT’s will be taken comparatively late, and late means, weak Summons won’t be much of an option.

I disagree with that, weak Summons cost less and are very useful scouts, among other things. They have their place late game and can exploit the Supercharged effectively. So I’d be happy to sometimes cast 5 Supercharged Lost Souls than 1 Dread Reaper (though you also need some Dread Reapers of course). Lost Souls is not the best example though, as they are Undying.

So overall I don’t think it needs any change.

Jolly Joker

Thanks for your opinion.

Ok, a stack of 6 Supercharged Wisps may be pretty disruptive – but if all Wisps are destroyed, even if the Elementals win the battle, they will still disappear.

It would be interesting to see how this works with Resurgence, that is, Elite Cherubs. Has someone tried that to your knowledge? I mean, Cherub gets killed, spawns lesser Elemental, Elementals win battle and all killed Cherubs coming back – not bad. 🙂

Jolly Joker

Oh, and by the way:

You should bring that debate to the chat of the BF to get more feedback I think https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=community, here nobody will read and answer.

Well. If nobody will read and answer – why post your stuff here? Makes no sense…

Zaskow

Because it’s me who reads this topic. Very useful for reporting bugs and placing future changelogs.

Jolly Joker

Ah, so you don’t visit the battlefield, for some reason, and this is actually a thread from Hiliadan for you to read that just has the wrong title. I see.

Hiliadan

It’s a thread to post bugs and changelogs. Anyone can post bugs, all people interested can read the changelog and I link directly to specific posts in this thread when a new changelog is posted. But if I don’t link, I doubt many people will pro-actively come in this forum to read.
    But it’s definitely not a post (or even a forum, the whole Balance forum is dead) to discuss balance.

So this thread has many uses and is much more convenient than a chat or PM on the BF or on Steam, for what we want to achieve with it.
    But I don’t even know why I have to justify myself to you. 😀

Jolly Joker

I was just a bit perplexed that you said, nobody would read and answer a post that asks a balance question in a thread titled PBEM Balance Mod which has 11 pages and 310 posts by 26 different people, is all.

Hiliadan

Times have changed, the Balance forum used to be more active in the past. Also we do still get some people reporting bugs here from time to time.

Another thing to check for v1.25:
    – The Ziggurath seems to have a weak Tigran defender set: Watcher , Sphinx, warbred, mystic, sabletooth. (also I reported another weak defender set earlier, to recheck)

Rodmar18

Hello, I’m posting here in case you could do something.
    I’m playing v1.801 with PBEM Balance Mod v1.23 and Regiments Mod.

Fighting an independent human stack on a treasure site (in Elven Campaign scenario 3 on the southern continent), both manual play and replay of a won autoplay result in a stall (the UI is broken on manual and I have to hard quit the game; nothing happens on auto and I have to press the close button to return to the strategic map).

What happens is that the Regiment mod causes the civic guard unit to be complemented with human priests (I recall this just in case it’s not purely cosmetic), and that this very unit moves adjacent to a huge pit (a terrain feature) where it is attacked and eventually slain.

When replaying what happens on auto, the replay stalls (spins endlessly) after or before first attack on civic guards.
    When playing manually, the UI gets wrecked (no more right mouse button) as soon as the civic guard are slain. They get no tombstone although the combat log tells they are slain.

What’s odd is that without the Regiment mod activated, the independent human site defenders stay on guard (both on manual and auto), without moving, until the attacker (me) get close enough or attack them. This explain why I can’t get the civic guard dying next to the pit to check the case. As said, with the Regiment mod activated, the defenders rush and attack me. Is there any kind of tactical vision range that would cause the Regiment mod to alter the gameplay because of individual figures being “sprayed” around their unit’s hex, causing them to feel like threatened and react accordingly?

Please find attached two debug logs (game exited after having “replayed” the TC won on autoplay). If you are interested, I can provide two savegames to easily replay the battle with Balance Mod alone or with Regiments mod too.

Hiliadan

Rodmar18

1/ [Racial Watchtowers]: I post here as this mod is integrated in Balance Mod.
    Orcish and Tigran watchtowers lack a small picture (in ToW, and perhaps also in their respective info windows).

2/ Breath attacks: They could use a range value in their description (as for true ranged attacks, or rather, the Sphinx’s sun ray, which is said to be 4 hex long).

3/ Reanimators have both undead and racial traits. This is good for diversity but leads to some weirdness: a high-elf reanimator can be killed by blight damage, because its resistance to blight is 100% (undead) – 40% (high elf) = 60%. As I guess that no ability/spell effect that curses an unit so that it gains Weakness against blight is supposed to work against undead, then the 100% resistance is never reduced, usually. If not,perhaps undead resistance could be increased to 200% or so?

4/ Despair: I don’t now if this is an incorrect text or a messed up configuration.We have:
    – Despair (9 strength): -200 happiness, -30% Spirit Weakness
    – Despair Strike (9 strength): -300 happiness, -20% Spirit Weakness
    – Despair (status?): -200 happiness, -10% Spirit Weakness

5/ Warmonger’s Scouts: do they have a superior vision range? should they? If they can climb up the trees or the rocks, let’s them have the floating vision bonus of +1.

6/ Some more units could have but a Limited Evolution ability. For instance, we read in the Hunter’s descriptive text that shamans are promoted hunters… What if, on reaching gold medal, some T1 units would have a small chance to evolve into a T2 unit? The chance could be like 1 on 10 or better, and either be rolled once, or on each time the unit gets a champion level thereafter.
    Hunter -> Shaman (Archdruid)
    Scoundrel -> Assassin (Rogue)
    T1 Irregular (Prospector, Civic Guard, …) -> T1 Infantry (Axeman, Longswordman, …)
    Scout -> Bard (both are female, and yes: the Warmonger would get this Rogue unit (rarely, though)
    Apprentice -> (magical entity?)

7/ Non combatants:
    – is it possible to mod the graphics so that they are now visually different for each race. I don’t know, either draw a T1 irregular as the driver, or put a T2 cavalry on the burden beast (or better, redraw brand new carts for each race!)? Likewise having different rams would be nice (that is ram plus infantry on each side).
    – when a builder is left alone on the tactical map, it looses all of his MP and you better surrender to spare your time. That means that face to a 28 MP infantry without range attack, a 28 MP builder is not given a chance to evade the enemy for 5 turns. Even if its leader could crush the attacker in two or three turns with devastating spells! Is this rule to prevent the AI from turning mad?
    – add researches (either for the Empire Builder spec or the Warmonger class) to get Armed Workers and grant them the Light Crossbow ability.
    – grant the Builder a limited terraforming option (for some gold): after all, building a road is terraforming already, and some terraforming skills are in the files: clear forest (harvest wood), dry wetland, … or perhaps one option for each race? This way, even if terraforming spells are open to all, the “less magical” leader would have more options, more early.

8/ Blinded and Total Awareness: if the unit can’t see enough to use ranged attack and spell, shouldn’t it be still flanked by ranged attack, even with Total Awareness (that would cancel the flanking penalty only for melee attacks, not for any attack)?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Rodmar18.

Hiliadan

Thanks Rodmar for the feedback, will take some time before I can check it in details. I’d suggest to open specific topics on the general forum if the topics you mentioned have not been debated before (see http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/index-of-balance-topics/).

@zaskow:
    Looks like there is a major issue with the upkeep of evolved animals. http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/is-it-normal-that-mana-upkeep-of-evolved-spider-and-serpents/#post-251894 Could you please check if you see these tiers’ upkeep in the mod tools? It looks like it’s 7/9/9/9 instead

Also, could you please check that Summon Gargantuan Animal matches the numbers described here http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Summon_Gargantuan_Animal ? Gladis managed to get 50% of T4, which seems weird.

EDIT: it seems the issue comes from the mod, so probably an overwrite of the upkeep in the mod? In the official version, the upkeeps are as described by SikBok.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Hiliadan.

Hiliadan

Preliminary changelog for v1.25 updated:

GC26
    Forbidden Sanctum’s battle enchantment is Mass Bless / Mass Curse and Shock Missile cast every turn on a random enemy unit

Ti02
    Tigran cities get +3 gold bonus (was 5)

GC55a
    Blocked Rivers (rapids) are now generated only as small sections of rivers (about 5 hexes long), and not as long rivers

GC07a
    Tournament size 65 x 73 becomes Tournament square 73 x 73

GC14a
    Kwapa, Nashac and, Falenas get Awaken Spirit and 2 free points (was nothing in the balance mod and Befriend Animal in the official version)

Dr21c
    Inject Mana Fuel has cooldown 3 and can be dispelled (was Once per battle and cannot be dispelled).

GC27
    Sunken City’s battle enchantment is Frost Missile (cast every turn on an enemy unit)

GC54
    Dwellings can now be targeted by the following spells: Poison Domain, Summoner’s Aura, Hallowed Domain, Embrace Darkness, Scales of Fortune, Spiritual Freedom, Glyph of Warding, Mana Fuel Cell, all the Domains of xx, Night Wish.

Dr23
    Dreadnoughts get +5 gold/Village

Ne01b
    Stiffen Limb has a strength 13 Spirit check and cost 7 CP. If it fails, its target gets -12 MP for one turn (was no attack check).

Ne05i
    Lesser Reanimate Undead is removed for heroes and Leaders and Greater Reanimate Undead is renamed Reanimate Undead

Ne06g

Ne17
    Whispers of the Fallen is Tier 2 and costs 120 RP (was Tier 1 and 60 RP)

Fe03
    Unicorns get Healing on Elite

Th10b
    Martyr have a specific tier parameter: they reach Expert at 70 XP instead of 35 XP and reach Elite at 140 XP instead of 70 XP. Regeneration is available at Expert (was Elite).

AD02a
    Poison Domain can be cast on cities owned by the caster’s allies (was only caster’s cities).

GC55
    A new Avatar spell, “Terraform Blocked Rivers” (rapids) is available as a starting spell. It allows to terraform blocked rivers into (unblocked) rivers (when in domain) for 12 mana per hex

GC56
    Path of xx (Frost, Decay, Life, …) abilities become strategic activable abilities giving the Path for 1 turn

GC50a
    The True Resurect skill unlocks two spells : True Resurect (50 CP) which can affect any unit and Lesser True Resurect (25 CP) which can affect only allied units (was True Resurect costs 25 CP and can affect any unit).

GC07b
    A new “Square Medium” map size is available: 89 x 89 (Medium was 73 x 97).

Rodmar18

Hopefully, these ones are valid suggestions for PBEM & SP Balance Mod!

1°) About the Rogue research tree.
    One research, namely the Rogue III “Backstab” (or so), gives several Rogue’s units the Assassin’s training (and ability). However, the “Assassin Training” research is another Rogue III research (to produce Assassins). Shouldn’t the former require the later to be researched before being unlocked? If not, you get the situation where you can teach the infantry assassination before you can train Assassins.

Perhaps there are other class research trees with similar oddity, when you can teach other units a unique unit’s ability prior to be able to produce that very unit.

2°) In case an unicorn unit is ever added to the game, then the Dire Horse could loose its “Dedication to Good” ability and become neutral instead. Then, we would have one wild horse-like unit for each alignment: Unicorn, Dire Horse, and Nightmare.

gladis

I don´t get your post, there are already unicorns in the game 😛

Here is my post About the non-working Moral buffs, please try to fix:

Bard Skills and Memory of Joy not working on entered sites

Hiliadan

First thing: please copy / paste the new .xml files Rodmar made for us for French localization: \Dropbox\perso\AoW3\Balance-Mod\localization\20180626_FR

GC26

Should start on a 1 turn cooldown like for Dungeons, otherwise it’s too harsh. I’m updating the description on the table.

GC27

Same.

Ne05i

Need to remove LRU for heroes and Leaders. You did the opposite: Dreadnought can now choose LRU. 😀

Ne06g

Description needs to be updated to close the bracket “(strength 7” => “(strength 7)”.

GC56
    Path of xx (Frost, Decay, Life, …) abilities become strategic activable abilities giving the Path for 1 turn

Path of Decay is working as before, no change…
    Path of Life and Path of Frost do work.

GC55
    A new Avatar spell, “Terraform Blocked Rivers” (rapids) is available as a starting spell. It allows to terraform blocked rivers into (unblocked) rivers (when in domain) for 12 mana per hex

Lack an icon.

AD02a
    Poison Domain can be cast on cities owned by the caster’s allies (was only caster’s cities).

Description to update to reflect that.

GC54

It looks like you added too many spells?
    At least Iron Grip and Dome of Protection worked. Should be removed. Dome can be discussed, it seems we missed it, but Iron Grip was a conscious choice to exclude it.

Other issues:
    – localization: add French (see first sentence of the post). Also there is something weird for localization: base game abilities that got their description modified do not recognize the new translation in the .xml files. But it works for abilities (or other entities) ADDED as NEW things in the balance mod (e.g. Inject Mana Fuel). For instance Last Rite of Winter does not take its new translation and description. Maybe check the Russian translation to see that. Any idea how to fix that?
    – icons to add
    – Hide Out can be obtained with the EQ (should not)

I still need to test True Resurect, lacked time to do it.

Zaskow

Should start on a 1 turn cooldown like for Dungeons, otherwise it’s too harsh. I’m updating the description on the table.

This should be clarified from the beginning.

Need to remove LRU for heroes and Leaders. You did the opposite: Dreadnought can now choose LRU. 😀

Fixed. I’ve understood that deleting class from hero skill makes this skill available to every hero class.

Path of Decay is working as before, no change…
    Path of Life and Path of Frost do work.

Ah, I forgot that Obsidian Dragon has Path of Decay too. Fixed.

Lack an icon.

Really? https://clip2net.com/s/3V5uUe2

It looks like you added too many spells?
    At least Iron Grip and Dome of Protection worked. Should be removed. Dome can be discussed, it seems we missed it, but Iron Grip was a conscious choice to exclude it.

Actually, I didn’t. I’ve found that almost all these spells work on dwellings. I didn’t change anything at all. I think Iron Grip should work too.

– localization: add French (see first sentence of the post). Also there is something weird for localization: base game abilities that got their description modified do not recognize the new translation in the .xml files. But it works for abilities (or other entities) ADDED as NEW things in the balance mod (e.g. Inject Mana Fuel). For instance Last Rite of Winter does not take its new translation and description. Maybe check the Russian translation to see that. Any idea how to fix that?

I’ve checked Russian localization. It’s bugged too, but interesting thing is that some descriptions work as should. I have no idea why is that…

Hiliadan

Bugs to fix in v1.25:
    – Draconian RG3 gives +10 CP to Leaders of ANY race, not just Draconians. So if you play Dwarf Sorcerer and gets Draconian RG3, you get +10 CP on your Dwarf Sorcerer Leader
    – “Domain of xx: Elementals and Magical Origin units now Like the climate”: currently Magical Origins units get the Like bonus. This needs to be removed. We debated it in the core group and got 3 for, 2 against so it doesn’t qualify (would need a net +3 so 4 vs 1 or 5 vs 0).
    – The ToW’s entry for Necro needs to be edited to remove mention of Raise Corpse. You edited the entry of the Halfling race once (to change the description to 15% Physical Weakness), it’s probably in a similar place but for class?
    – Also, could you please check that Summon Gargantuan Animal matches the numbers described here http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Summon_Gargantuan_Animal ? Gladis managed to get 50% of T4, which seems weird.
    – Dedicated to xx not affecting Leader
    – Quick Dash can still heal “Cannot Heal” units (affected by Death March)
    – Seed of Distrust can’t be disjuncted
    – I guess we can’t fix this, right? http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/bard-skills-and-memory-of-joy-not-working-on-entered-sites/ Only devs can I guess.

EDIT:
    – in the DLC3’s .rpk, the Ziggurath Beholder set has an issue: it does not contain a Phoenix like the Title’s .rpk does, so the defender sets generated on Strong Defenders are much weaker than other defender sets (no T4)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Hiliadan.

Hiliadan

If not, you get the situation where you can teach the infantry assassination before you can train Assassins.

Yeah, but doesn’t look like a balance concern to me. Please prefer opening new topics (n the General forum as nobody reads the Balance forum) or posting here for balance suggestions: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/balance-based-on-hard-data-from-the-pbem-tournament-continued/

2°) In case an unicorn unit is ever added to the game, then the Dire Horse could loose its “Dedication to Good” ability and become neutral instead. Then, we would have one wild horse-like unit for each alignment: Unicorn, Dire Horse, and Nightmare.

As Gladis said, the Unicorn already exists.

1/ [Racial Watchtowers]: I post here as this mod is integrated in Balance Mod.
    Orcish and Tigran watchtowers lack a small picture (in ToW, and perhaps also in their respective info windows).

Ok, yeah hopefully we can fix that at some point.

2/ Breath attacks: They could use a range value in their description (as for true ranged attacks, or rather, the Sphinx’s sun ray, which is said to be 4 hex long).
    Don’t understand.

[quote quote=273404]3/ Reanimators have both undead and racial traits. This is good for diversity but leads to some weirdness: a high-elf reanimator can be killed by blight damage, because its resistance to blight is 100% (undead) – 40% (high elf) = 60%. As I guess that no ability/spell effect that curses an unit so that it gains Weakness against blight is supposed to work against undead, then the 100% resistance is never reduced, usually. If not,perhaps undead resistance could be increased to 200% or so?

That’s fine to me and not really a balance issue. Maybe open a topic or discuss that on the chat on the BF: https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=community#chattab1

4/ Despair: I don’t now if this is an incorrect text or a messed up configuration.We have:
    – Despair (9 strength): -200 happiness, -30% Spirit Weakness
    – Despair Strike (9 strength): -300 happiness, -20% Spirit Weakness

Where did you see the first one? I’d need to investigate the second.

5/ Warmonger’s Scouts: do they have a superior vision range? should they? If they can climb up the trees or the rocks, let’s them have the floating vision bonus of +1.

(that’s Warlord :P)
    They get Vision Range Upgrade at Trooper.

6/ Some more units could have but a Limited Evolution ability.

Evolve is a plague of PBEM so we’re never going to do that.

7/ Non combatants:
    – is it possible to mod the graphics so that they are now visually different for each race. I don’t know, either draw a T1 irregular as the driver, or put a T2 cavalry on the burden beast (or better, redraw brand new carts for each race!)? Likewise having different rams would be nice (that is ram plus infantry on each side).
    – when a builder is left alone on the tactical map, it looses all of his MP and you better surrender to spare your time. That means that face to a 28 MP infantry without range attack, a 28 MP builder is not given a chance to evade the enemy for 5 turns. Even if its leader could crush the attacker in two or three turns with devastating spells! Is this rule to prevent the AI from turning mad?
    – add researches (either for the Empire Builder spec or the Warmonger class) to get Armed Workers and grant them the Light Crossbow ability.
    – grant the Builder a limited terraforming option (for some gold): after all, building a road is terraforming already, and some terraforming skills are in the files: clear forest (harvest wood), dry wetland, … or perhaps one option for each race? This way, even if terraforming spells are open to all, the “less magical” leader would have more options, more early.

– Do-able for the first but we lack artists to do it.
    – Not moddable I’m afraid.
    – Why would we do that?
    – In v1.25, you can do that with Path of xx units. That’s very powerful and I’d personaly keep it that way.

8/ Blinded and Total Awareness: if the unit can’t see enough to use ranged attack and spell, shouldn’t it be still flanked by ranged attack, even with Total Awareness (that would cancel the flanking penalty only for melee attacks, not for any attack)?

For me Total Awareness is like a ninja-style super-human ability that lets you “sense” your surrounding so it makes sense to prevent flanking.

Rodmar18

As Gladis said, the Unicorn already exists.

It’s simply a reminiscence of games of old, when things had to be symetrical. I’d say, either remove “Dire” or turn them neutral. Then, Unicorn would be dedicated to good, Dire Horse to neutrality, and Nightmare to evil. If I’m not wrong, the concept of neutrality was introduced with the DLC’s and the new specializations. No wonder if some base units feel like a little misaligned now.

Don’t understand.

Ranged attacks that target a hex (some have aoe too) have specified ranges: short, medium, long. Sphinx’s ray attack is not a single hex attack and its description is a little different, saying that it has a range of 4 hexes. Dragon and breath attacks have neither.
    It’s not a balance concern, however, and I will post it in the text correction thread, because the vocation of the PBEM mod is also to correct ambiguous descriptions, isn’t it?

7/ Non combatants:

– Why would we do that?
    – In v1.25, you can do that with Path of xx units. That’s very powerful and I’d personaly keep it that way.

The former was to make builders low value combattant units, so that they could defend or flee against other low tier units.
    Figure the settler caravans in the Wild West. They would have a chance against a lone enemi scout, or a cheap T1 unit just summoned on their path. Only warlike combinations could produce such builders, but perhaps being so armed wouldn’t remove the civilian penalty when alone (that make them freeze on the spot out of terror). By the way, are two such units still considered “alone”?
    The later was to give technological/builder combinations an edge over more magical ones. Such combinations should be able to remove forest without use of magical entities nor mana (and without building a road), and the same for _some_ other terraforming actions, where you only need picks, shovels and arms. In short, they could terraform for gold and time, instead of mana (and instant = 1 turn). Balance wise, some (empire/techno) leaders could start terraforming even if the terraforming research is not available yet.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Rodmar18.

marcuspers1

Hi Rodmar,

Are you part of the battlefield community?
    If not, join, and I will invite you to the balance group (aka. core group) and you can submit your ideas directly in an email, if they are deemed good, aka net vote of +3 (i.e. 4v1, 3v0, 5v2) they will get fast tracked to the implementation.
    I reckon some of the things mentioned would get sufficient support and we always look for new active players!

Zaskow

– Not moddable I’m afraid.

Moddable.

Hiliadan

I’d say, either remove “Dire” or turn them neutral.

Do you refer to the Fellhorse https://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Felhorse? For me it’s not really neutral. We don’t lack Unicorns but we do lack a Neutral Horse, but just as we lack a Neutral Dragon for instance.

It’s not a balance concern, however, and I will post it in the text correction thread, because the vocation of the PBEM mod is also to correct ambiguous descriptions, isn’t it?

Yes, please report there.

The former was to make builders low value combattant units, so that they could defend or flee against other low tier units.

Personally I find it more strategically interesting to have them without means of defense.
    For the terraforming option, if it’s not terraforming climate, but only overlay (as Terraforming does), then yeah might be interesting. I’d suggest discussing that on the chat on the BF to see if there is support, and/or opening a thread.
    You could be added to balance discussions by PM on the BF, but certainly not the core group. 😀 We need to stay at 5 to make discussions fast and effective (4 vs 1 at minimum to validate a proposal as a priority).

@zaskow: regarding True Resurect, please update the descriptions:
    – the 25 CP spell should be called “Lesser True Resurect” and its description should be as described here (I just added it): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eVOyD2rdiUb4PytVhaKT1rxNiWMquRAlnXw587VwBpg/edit?usp=sharing
    – the 50 CP spell could get an additional “any” before “fallen unit” and we could also take the opportunity to talk about naval battle as I added in the same GDoc

Zaskow

Not fixable, I’m afraid. We need to remake this upgrade.

Not possible to limit healing from hospital using properties (requisites only).

Are you sure? I’m looking into editor and Magical Origin units are forbidden.

Fixing…

– Also, could you please check that Summon Gargantuan Animal matches the numbers described here http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Summon_Gargantuan_Animal ? Gladis managed to get 50% of T4, which seems weird.

He is wrong and very lucky. 20% at best.

– Dedicated to xx not affecting Leader

Does this ability appear in unit panel?

– Quick Dash can still heal “Cannot Heal” units (affected by Death March)

Fixed.

– Seed of Distrust can’t be disjuncted

Fixed (I hope so…).

– I guess we can’t fix this, right? http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/bard-skills-and-memory-of-joy-not-working-on-entered-sites/ Only devs can I guess.

Screenshots which gladis provided earlier are pretty doubtful. We can saw Halfling Reanimator on it and unit lacks new visual from Tibbles mod. I won’t fix any issues caused by other mods.

– in the DLC3’s .rpk, the Ziggurath Beholder set has an issue: it does not contain a Phoenix like the Title’s .rpk does, so the defender sets generated on Strong Defenders are much weaker than other defender sets (no T4)

Fixed.

Rodmar18

Hi Rodmar,

Are you part of the battlefield community?

Firstly, thank you for the invitation.
    Problem is that I’m not a skillful gamer and never played multi or PBEM, whatever the game. I don’t know how I could be useful to such a balance project.
    However, as I’m on my way to try and overhaul the game’s localization, I’m sure to end with a list of questions about consistency or self-logic (from a SP player side), even perhaps with modding proposals. In the meanwhile, I hope being useful at debugging the mod, as I have to play quite a lot at it.

For instance, it’s weird, from a self-logical point of view, to see War Anthem (Partisan’s) affect undeads, whereas they are immune to morale effects. But perhaps, it’s a necessity from a balance point of view (and interest of this specialization).

@hiliadan:

I’d see Felhorse/Dire Horse as a quasi-elemental creature, not as a Hell Horse, hence neutrality should fit. Read the little story: the horse asks the adventurer for his soup 😉

If this can wait, I’ll investigate on Despair when I’m back at home, that is in…

Sorry for the interference, but why Draconians wouldn’t reward their nice governor by sharing with him some of their magical powers? This is likely to happen when you are helpful with magical people. It’s not the same as if some RG city bonus was granted to another race’s city, or if some RG archer bonus would benefit all of your archers, regardless of the race. Because they are not the same people.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Rodmar18.

Hiliadan

Still to do on v1.25:
    – Clear Blocked Water: lack icon and has no entry in ToW (and name could be Terraform Blocked River, or just Clear River if you want to keep it like the 2 words-spells of Terraforming)
    – Dedicated to xx not affecting Leader – does this ability appear in unit panel? => yes, it is displayed in unit panel
    – Quick Dash now CANNOT be used on units with Cannot Heal. The expected behaviour is that it CAN be used but it only replenishes 50% MP and do NOT heal, is it possible?
    – Seed of Distrust can’t be disjuncted. Still not fixed.
    – the new icons have issues:
    * Lesser Mighty Meek: the icon is black
    * Lesser Control Undead: no change
    * Lesser Charm: no change
    * Combat Healing: no change
    – Greater Resurrect has no entry in the ToW
    – LRU still listed in the ToW as an option for Necro heroes
    – Ghouling Strike: what happened? Now it says strength 8 instead of 7. And the bracket is still not closed in the description.
    – AD02a
    The description still needs to be updated to reflect that.

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 344 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.