PBEM balance mod

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

This topic contains 343 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Rodmar18 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 331 through 344 (of 344 total)
  • Author

Zaskow

– Clear Blocked Water: lack icon and has no entry in ToW (and name could be Terraform Blocked River, or just Clear River if you want to keep it like the 2 words-spells of Terraforming)

We talked about icon and Terraform Blocked River is bad name for this spell (terraform into what, surface?).

– Dedicated to xx not affecting Leader – does this ability appear in unit panel? => yes, it is displayed in unit panel

Then I can’t do anything about it.

– Quick Dash now CANNOT be used on units with Cannot Heal. The expected behaviour is that it CAN be used but it only replenishes 50% MP and do NOT heal, is it possible?

I’ll check.

– Seed of Distrust can’t be disjuncted. Still not fixed.

I’ll check one more time, but I doubt that I can fix this issue.

– Greater Resurrect has no entry in the ToW

That’s odd.

– LRU still listed in the ToW as an option for Necro heroes

I can’t do anything here too. There is no way to delete vanilla hero skills from list, only limit it to very high level (like I did – 99th level).

– Ghouling Strike: what happened? Now it says strength 8 instead of 7. And the bracket is still not closed in the description.
    – AD02a
    Poison Domain can be cast on cities owned by the caster’s allies (was only caster’s cities).
    The description still needs to be updated to reflect that.

I’ll check.

Hiliadan

Hiliadan wrote:

– Clear Blocked Water: lack icon and has no entry in ToW (and name could be Terraform Blocked River, or just Clear River if you want to keep it like the 2 words-spells of Terraforming)

We talked about icon and Terraform Blocked River is bad name for this spell (terraform into what, surface?).

The icon was not fixed in the last build you put in the Dropbox though.
    For the name, what about “Clear River” or “Clear Rapids” to be homogeneous with the other names of Terraforming spells?

Hiliadan wrote:

– Dedicated to xx not affecting Leader – does this ability appear in unit panel? => yes, it is displayed in unit panel

Then I can’t do anything about it.

You managed to fix the Necro hero not being affected by the “like Blight” of the Necromancer’s Robe (or whatever the name) item though. Isn’t that something similar? There is probably an effect somewhere that cancels the malus for Leaders.

Hiliadan

To check:
    – “Befriend Animal skill on the Hero Screen is missing the Feral Mount Movement and Morale Penalty values. I have included a screen shot https://imgur.com/8CiHGsM

Hiliadan

To check:
    – Hide Out starts researched (I had reported that but thought it was unlocked by Sage, it looks like it just starts researched, see https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/464869929955622923/464896978552225823/20180706165415_1.jpg?width=527&height=421)

Hiliadan

Reported by Rodmar:
    – Stiffen Limbs: it’s the “ability”‘s description that is used instead of the “status”‘s description (.xml)
    – Build Watchtower appears 9 times in the ToW, would it be possible to display only the human one?

Hiliadan

To check for v1.25 before release on main branch:
    – Dominate is still available as a Use item in the Arcane Item Forge (should be only available as a Weapon item): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/464869929955622923/478335038803410954/20180812185117_1.jpg

Hiliadan

Other stuff:
    – Does Floating give Cave Crawling to units? Or does it directly make them use only 3 MP UG? Can it be changed?
    – Could we make it so that the Spelljammer can be built on Dense Vegetation and maybe transforms the terrain into Barren when cast there?

Hiliadan

Bug issue to fix for v1.26:
    – Ice Queen can move in coastal area thanks to Last Rite of Winter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1qkdnFIwVI Proposed solution: make Water a forbidden terrain to use the ability on

Rodmar18

Wow, Last Rite of Winter seems to really conflict with Embarked status or Fast Embark trait: random relocation to an adjacent, walkable hex in case of cancellation (does this happen on land as well?), and possibility to embark again and again whereas movement pool is depleted (clearly a bug)! Could your solution, if not elegant, be the only moddable one, really? Or make Not Embarked a requisite? Even so, if possible, cancelling the casting should return the unit in its former state, at its original location.

As a side remark, would this ability really work on a Water hex, anyways? What happens if you don’t cancel the casting? What happens if the unit doesn’t get the Embarked status (as when it floats (Sorcerer’s Ice Queen?)? What happens if it walks on lava?

Hiliadan

As a side remark, would this ability really work on a Water hex, anyways? What happens if you don’t cancel the casting? What happens if the unit doesn’t get the Embarked status (as when it floats (Sorcerer’s Ice Queen?)? What happens if it walks on lava?

I let you try these. 😛
    I think it converts valid hexes to Arctic (so only on the surface) as for when it’s used on land.

New issues to check:
    – SDNR: Gold Mine’s override should still be at 50 (now we get 36 gold reward instead of 50)
    – Frostling Easy Quest for Outpost (to be confirmed, maybe Village): for the quest with Bards as defenders, a T3 can be given as reward, which seems OP for an Easy Quest. Would need to check the gold value of the reward. I don’t think the reward is influenced by Strong Defender setting, is it? If it is, then maybe SDNR needs to nerf all the reward of all quest reward sets!!…

Hiliadan

Things to check for v1.26:
    – fix the CP exploit in the Shrine of the Spider Queen, see 6/ here http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/technical-questions-migration-time-immunity-to-aura-effect-shapeshift/ (not sure it’s fixable though)
    – fix the “units acquiring Floating through items or abilities affected by Twisting Roots” issue with what is reported at the end of this: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/technical-questions-migration-time-immunity-to-aura-effect-shapeshift/

gladis

If the Engineers have enough MP to reach the hex you want to shoot the Flash Bomb, they run to an adjacent hex and shoot beneath their feet.
    I Need to drain some MP in this case and then soot at the hex.

Hiliadan

As the forum is about to be locked, I opened a new post on the Paradox forum: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/pbem-sp-balance-mod-development-thread.1119915/

Hello, a few more ideas.

This topic is not to suggest new proposals but to report bugs and for Zaskow and me to exchange on the “working builds”. Please post these ideas on the general forum (on the Paradox forums I guess) and let’s see if there is support. For me it’s not required for balance, nor part of a priority so I’m against.

Rodmar18

I forgot the point, sorry. But as for Lethally Poisoned, it’s clearly an oversight, not only a fancy new idea to improve diversity and affect balance.

Viewing 14 posts - 331 through 344 (of 344 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.