PBEM balance mod

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

This topic contains 343 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Rodmar18 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 344 total)
  • Author

Hiliadan

Things to correct in v1.18:
    – Banshee’s Wail of Despair does not use Holy Weakness and can thus stack
    – Banshee’s Despair Strike does not use Holy Weakness and can thus stack
    – Tournament size map is not available
    – possible issue with independent Brew Brothers’ Fortifying Meal?

Final changelog for v1.2 to be published tomorrow.

Other thing to check: what are the item reward list for all sites? (see https://steamcommunity.com/app/226840/discussions/0/343788552537901140/)

Hiliadan

Final changelog for v1.2:

GC06
    The Healing ability of heroes and leaders (Theocrat and Archdruid upgrade and item’s ability) can be used only Once per battle (was 2 turns cooldown)

GC11
    Converted units cost more in upkeep:+25% gold / turn

GC12
    Units acquired during a fight (mind-controlled or ghouled) start with 0 MP on the strategic map

GC20
    Skilled Adventurer’s Slingshot (Common) has Slingshot and Animal Slayer (was Slingshot and Befriend Animal)
    Siren’s Musical Box is Epic-rarity and has Siren’s Vail (was Strong rarity and had Seduce)
    Ashes of the Reaper (Epic) has Turn Undead, Undead Slayer and Energy Drain (was Control Undead)
    Karissa’s Perfume (Legendary) has Cause Berserk (Medium Range, cast Berserk on target enemy unit) (was Seduce)
    Divine Sceptre of the Theologian (Mythical) has Weaken and, once per battle, can give Instant Wrath to target touched unit (was Convert + Weaken)
    Meandor’s Autobiography (Mythical) has High Elf Slayer + Human Slayer + Black Bolts + Invoke Death (was High Elf Slayer + Human Slayer + Black Bolts + Inflict Ghoul Curse)

GC21
    Items produced in the Arcane Item Forge can add the following abilities: Lesser Charm, Lesser Befriend Animal, Lesser Control Undead, Lesser Seduce (was Charm, Befriend Animal, Control Undead, Seduce)
    Lesser Seduce has spirit strength 10

GC22
    Items produced in the Arcane Item Forge which gives mind-control abilities, immobilization abilities (Entangling Touch, Freezing Touch, Petrifying Touch, Stunning Touch, Webbing Touch) or Healing are associated to Weapon items (were associated to Use items)

AD07
    Frostling Shaman and Draconian Shaman cost 130 gold and 30 mana (was 140 gold and 30 mana for the Frostlind and 130 gold and 40 mana for the Draconian)

AD08
    Orc Hunters get Inflict Crippling Wound on Veteran

AD09
    Goblin Hunters get Blight Concealment

Dr17
    Juggernauts produced in Halfling and Elf cities do not have Tree Crusher

Dr17a
    Juggernauts produced in Halfling and Elf cities have Forestry

Ne05h
    Lesser Reanimate Undead and Greater Reanimate Undead give Undying to their target. These abilities can target only Undead and Ghoul units and cannot target corpses (was reanimate it at 50% and 75% HP respectively)

Ne06f
    Ghouling Strike has strength 10 (was 11)

Ne13
    Raise Corpse reanimate cadavers with 75% HP (was 100%), Greater Reanimate Undead reanimate units with 50% HP (was 75%)

Ne13c
    Raise Corpse reanimate units without any medal

Ne16
    Whispers of the Fallen cannot appear in the Research Book or be already researched at the beginning of the game

Ne20
    Inflict Curse costs 5 (was 4)

Ro10
    Rogue heroes and leaders can now choose Scouting: all units in the stack gets +4 MP – cost 10, available at level 13

Ro11
    Assassins of King costs 5 (was 6), available at level 9 (was 11)

Ro12
    Urban Stealth Commander costs 5 (was 6), available at level 7 (was 9)

Ro13
    Stealth Commander costs 4 (was 5)

Wa04a
    Death March costs 60 CP to cast (was 40)

Ha06
    Give a lesser version of Mighty Meek (+1 def, +1 dmg by tier level difference) to Halfling T1

Ha22
    Halfling military RG2 also gives +1 ranged damage to Hunters (was only to Adventurer, Martyr, Scoundrel and Bard)

Hiliadan

Things to correct in v1.18:
    – Banshee’s Wail of Despair does not use Holy Weakness and can thus stack
    – Banshee’s Despair Strike does not use Holy Weakness and can thus stack
    – Tournament size map is not available
    – possible issue with independent Brew Brothers’ Fortifying Meal?

Another thing reported by Tasslehoff: the description of Halfling in the leader customization screen displays 20% of Physical Weakness of 15%. It would need to be changed in GameConcepts.rpk (Gloweye said).

Hiliadan

Bug report: Rhialto the Shocking seems to have gotten bugged by v1.18 and this change “Sorcerer heroes and leaders can choose Inflict Stun for 6 (was 5)”. Now he has not Inflict Stun any more but instead gained +5 points
    @zaskow: could you please check that?

Hiliadan

New bug report (to be confirmed exactly how to reproduce it) by SeeR: “if you move stack , then cast on it u get 3x movement of normal”. Could you please check Zaskow?

SeeR

on pbem balance 1.18 beta yes deathmarch has an error , once you move a stack or unit and use all its mp , when u cast deathmarch on it , it gets 2x its normal MP for a total of 3 x its original mp at start of turn

SeeR

Also , I have noticed that leseer charm and lesser seduce have been added to the item forge , however the original strength charm and seduce are still available….dominate has been removed which was needed

Hiliadan

Confirmed for v1.21 so far (partial list):

GC34
    Transform Mana Node can target any Mana Node (was can target only basic – i.e. non elemental – Mana Node)

Pa01
    Guerilla Tactics apply to all units (was only Infantry and Irregular)

Pa03
    War Anthem costs 20 CP to cast (was 30 CP). If it fails, the unit suffer -100 morale instead (was no effect if it failed).

Ea02
    Domain of Earth gives +1 defense to allied units in the enchanted city’s domain.

Ea03
    Slow costs 9 CP and 300 RP (was 10 CP and 350 RP).

Ea03
    Ea04
    City Quake costs 90 CP (was 100 CP)

Ai02
    Domain of Winter gives +1 ranged damage to allied units in the enchanted city’s domain.

Ai05
    Artic Empire gives Inflict Chilling and Inflict Frostbite to units in your domain.

Fi02
    Domain of the Sun gives +1 fire damage to allied units in the enchanted city’s domain.

De02
    Domain of Corruption gives +1 Blight damage to allied units in the enchanted city’s domain.

De04
    Blight Empire gives Inflict Curse to allied units in your domain.

Zaskow

Hiliadan

Known issues related to v1.2:
    – the description of Halfling in the leader customization screen displays 20% of Physical Weakness of 15%. It would need to be changed in GameConcepts.rpk (Gloweye said).
    – Rhialto the Shocking seems to have gotten bugged by v1.18 and this change “Sorcerer heroes and leaders can choose Inflict Stun for 6 (was 5)”. Now he has not Inflict Stun any more but instead gained +5 points
    – it is possible to produce Usable items with the following abilities (they should be available only for Weapon items): Healing, Webbing Touch
    – Fortifying Meal can be produced in the Arcane Forge (should be only Nourishing Meal)
    – Lesser Seduce is missing from the items that can be produced in the Arcane Forge
    – Elf Juggernauts still have Tree Crushing
    – Units mind-controled have “Dwarf” added in their unit panel (but they don’t get any Dwarf ability)
    – Holy Weakness from Banshee and hero/leader stack (should not stack)

The following needs description update (I’ll make propositions later):
    – The Healing ability of heroes and leaders (Theocrat and Archdruid upgrade and item’s ability) can be used only Once per battle (was 2 turns cooldown).
    == Need to be updated in the description (but let’s wait for v1.21 where all Healing becomes Once per battle)
    – Raise Corpse reanimate cadavers with 75% HP (was 100%).
    == Description needs to be updated: 75%
    – Rogue heroes and leaders can now choose Scouting: all units in the stack gets +4 MP – cost 10, available at level 13.
    == Description needs to be updated: “All units in the stack at the beginning of the turn get +4 MP”
    – Halfling military R♥♥♥♥lso gives +1 ranged damage to Hunters (was only to Adventurer, Martyr, Scoundrel and Bard).
    == Need to be added in the description

Hiliadan

Remaining known issues:
    – Healing is still available for Usable items in the Arcane Forge.
    – the ability in Weapon items is Seduce and not Lesser seduce in the Arcane Forge.
    – Healing or Webbing touch are not available in Weapon items in the Arcane Forge.
    – old display issue: Frostling Ice Queen’s Last Rite of Winter displays twice the 50 gold cost, it should display it once
    – Rhialto still bugged: he still has 5 points at lvl 1, though now he has Inflict Stun
    – “Converted Unit” is displayed twice in the unit panel because Triumph already added a “Converted Unit” ability there

I added descriptions (quite obvious changes) for:
    GC06
    Ne13
    Ro10
    Ha22
    in https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eVOyD2rdiUb4PytVhaKT1rxNiWMquRAlnXw587VwBpg/edit?usp=sharing

Hiliadan

Final changelog for v1.21:
    GC19
    T4 all have Mind Control Immunity

GC24
    Dungeon’s battle enchantment is Suffocating Sadism. Every turn, one enemy unit is hit by 15 physical damage, Undead, Machine, Elemental and Incorporeal are immune. Every time an enemy dies, all defenders of the Dungeon get +100 Morale and +1 melee strength.

GC33
    Healing is once per battle (was cooldown 3).
    Shamans (on Elite) and Evangelists get Combat Healing in addition to their Healing ability. Combat Healing starts fights with an initial 4 turns cooldown, it heal 20 HP and it can be used once per battle. Combat Healing has no effect on the strategic map (but Healing still works on the strategic map). Order of Healing gives Healing and Combat Healing to Theocrat’s Supports

GC34
    Transform Mana Node can target any Mana Node (was can target only basic – i.e. non elemental – Mana Node)

Pa01
    Guerilla Tactics apply to all units (was only Infantry and Irregular)

Pa02b
    Hide Out is renamed Cloaked in Shadows and gives: all units in target friendly army gain Invisibility until end of turn (was All friendly units in enchanted city’s domain are invisible). Cloaked in Shadow costs 60 CP, 120 RP and is tier II.

Pa03
    War Anthem costs 20 CP to cast (was 30 CP). If it fails, the unit suffer -100 morale instead (was no effect if it failed).

Ea02
    Domain of Earth gives +1 defense to allied units in the enchanted city’s domain.

Ea03

Ea03

Ea04
    City Quake costs 90 CP (was 100 CP)

Ai02
    Domain of Winter gives +1 ranged damage to allied units in the enchanted city’s domain.

Ai05
    Artic Empire gives Inflict Chilling and Inflict Frostbite to units in your domain.

Ai07a
    Air Master gets Heavy Winds instead of Wind Ward. Heavy Winds is a strategic spell which gives -2 vision range to all Flying enemy units (on the strategic map) and prevent them from Flying in tactical combat. It costs 800 RP and 150 CP, is tier V, its disjunction cost is 170 CP and its upkeep 60 mana/turn.

Fi02
    Domain of the Sun gives +1 fire damage to allied units in the enchanted city’s domain.

Cr02a
    Domain of Life gives Fast Healing (stackable) and +20% Spirit protection to allied units in the enchanted city’s domain.

De02
    Domain of Corruption gives +1 Blight damage to allied units in the enchanted city’s domain.

De04
    Blight Empire gives Inflict Curse to allied units in your domain.

Wi02
    Pandemonium gives two 60% weakness to two random damage channels to hostile units (was one 100% weakness)
    (other effects of Pandemonium are unchanged)

Fr03
    Frostling Apprentices, Shamans and Evangelists are female (were male) and can thus be protected by Frostling Royal Guards

Ro16b
    Lesser Charm and Charm have strength 6 (was 7) and 8 (was 9) respectively

Th08b
    Lesser Convert and Convert have strength 8 (was 9) and 10 (was 11) respectively

Hiliadan

Remaining issues in v1.2:
    – Ghouling Strike’s tooltip is not displayed
    – Raise Corpse’s description has not been updated
    – Healing is still available for Usable items in the Arcane Forge.
    – Healing is not available in Weapon items in the Arcane Forge.

lordoflinks

The only changes I don’t like are making Greater Reanimate Undead only affect your own units and making healing on the battlefield one time use. As a Tier 4 secret spell I feel it is okay for it to work on enemy units in a single player environment, so the fun factor is still kept, and healing for the same removing fun reason.
    I think I shall use your mod, especially if something is done about the aforementioned issues for single players. Just to be clear as a PBEM mod I think it is very good, but the two issues I mentioned above seem to be deal breakers for single player.

Hiliadan

I think you are talking about True Resurrect (http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:True_Resurrect), right? That’s a secret spell and it is not affeted by the mod.
    Greater Reanimate Undead is a Necromancer’s ability (age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Greater_Reanimate_Undead) which used to allow to reanimate Archon Revenant Titan very easily (once they’re dead, that is) with no check involved, so 100% chance of success. It was quite unbalanced. I also do not fully like the change but we had no other technical way to prevent the Titan issue.

Regarding Healing, it is currently Once per battle only for Arch Druid and Theocrat heroes and leaders, and you can have Iron Heart and Nourishing Meal with them.
    It will soon affect all units too (v1.21) but Theocrat’s supports and Evangelist will get a Combat Healing which will allow a 2nd Healing in all tactical combat.
    The aim is to prevent players from stalling fights to heal all their troops. Fights which last more than 7 turns (to heal 2 times) are quite rare so this should not impact most games much?

lordoflinks

Ah!
    The wiki misled me. Thanks for the reply, I think I like your mod and use it after all.

Zaskow

Main branch was updated to 1.2.

Hiliadan

I think I spotted a bug?
    Yarati the Spellstealer has no Steal Enchantment on lvl 1 whereas he should. Any idea why? Maybe we should check all the heroes because I’m worried many may have similar issues.

Zaskow

Yarati the Spellstealer has no Steal Enchantment on lvl 1 whereas he should. Any idea why? Maybe we should check all the heroes because I’m worried many may have similar issues.

I’ve checked him. He looks okay through mod editor. Are you sure?

Hiliadan

Yes, I launched a new game, used the cheat to get heroes, got him and he has no Steal Enchantment. He also has 0 skill point on lvl 1.

Any idea why Hero Slayer appears three times when Assassins of Kings is chosen?
    https://www.my-league.com/games/273/downloads/screens/47491/273/47491Hero.jpg

I noticed that too for other units with Hero Slayer and without Assassins of Kings (but don’t remember which). The bonus seems to apply only once though.

Another issue (display issue): in the hero upgrade choice panel, it’s displayed “Charm” even though it is actually “Lesser Charm” for a leader when you haven’t researched Produce Bards.

Hiliadan

2 more bugs related to Fortifying Meal that probably requires more investigation (I have a video of the issue as it was on my tournament game):
    – Fortifying Meal did not reset the cooldown on Throw Chicken from a Farmer who had used Throw Chicken on the same turn. But I thought we had tested it before so I’m confused what’s going on
    – Fortifying Meal did give Bolster but Bolster did not remove the morale penalty for Disliked terrain…

Zaskow

Any idea why Hero Slayer appears three times when Assassins of Kings is chosen?
    http://www.my-league.com/games/Array7Array/downloads/screens/4749Array/Array7Array/4749ArrayHero.jpg

Yes. There are 3 abilities ‘Hero Slayer’ in game – normal ‘Hero Slayer’, Leader Slayer (but with name ‘Hero Slayer’) and group ability which consist of Leader Slayer + Hero Slayer. When option ‘Display children’ of last ability is turned on, then it would be something similar in unit panel.
    I’ll fix this.

2 more bugs related to Fortifying Meal that probably requires more investigation (I have a video of the issue as it was on my tournament game):
    – Fortifying Meal did not reset the cooldown on Throw Chicken from a Farmer who had used Throw Chicken on the same turn. But I thought we had tested it before so I’m confused what’s going on

If you looked at neutrals then you should know that AI won’t use this ability as human does.

– Fortifying Meal did give Bolster but Bolster did not remove the morale penalty for Disliked terrain…

Terrain penalties is different story here. Needs to be tested on Sunflower place. If it doesn’t negate terrain penalties then it works as intended.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  Zaskow.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by  Zaskow.

Hiliadan

What I was saying about Fortifying Meal is that the indie used it on a Farmer who had already used Throw Chicken and after that, the cooldown was still active, at 28 turns. So I don’t see why you are talking about AI vs human not using it the same way here? Unfortunately, I rechecked my video and the cooldown 28 turns does not appear there because I had seen it before I did the video and in the video, I only checked the Farmer immediately after the Meal, and the cooldown is not displayed yet, it just says “The unit already acted this turn” (and I checked, it’s written that even if cooldown has started).
    It’s hard to reproduce but we should keep an eye on it.

Regarding Bolster, I did some test: it does not remove Terrain morale penalty but Solace applied to a unit before the fight does. I suspect that’s because Triumph did not implement a way to remove this malus in fight. Could you please check if you can apply Solace to a unit instead of Bolster and see if that removes the morale malus? If not, I think we need to ask devs if they can correct that bug. Otherwise, we’ll at least need to update the description (and it would mean Fortifying Meal is much weaker).

Zaskow

Beta 1.21 was released.

Hiliadan

Issues spotted when I did the video (I’ll test more extensively later):
    – Lesser Mighty Meek is called “Mighty Meek”
    – when displayed in the unit panel, the Cloaked in Shadows spell is displayed as Hide Out
    – Hide Out skill still appears and now shows in spell book on turn 1, regardless of which skill spheres are picked. Game will also crash when right-click on Hide Out skill. (reported by Outis on Steam)
    – Bolster DOES remove the dislike/hate terrain penalty but it’s not correctly displayed (see the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJHCndRTx4U around 2:30) but I guess only Triumph can change that display

I start listing the icons we need:
    – Lesser Mighty Meek
    – Cloaked in Shadows
    – Lesser Charm
    – Lesser Convert
    – Lesser Seduce
    – Lesser Control Undead
    – Scouting
    – Ghouling Strike
    – Fortifying Meal
    – Flash Bomb
    – Combat Healing

Is the FX effect for Cloaked in Shadows new?

Zaskow

– Cloaked in Shadows

Is icon from Hide Out not good for that?

– Ghouling Strike

Is icon from Inflict Ghoul Curse not good for that?

– Scouting

Is icon from Scout Training skill not good for that?

Is the FX effect for Cloaked in Shadows new?

Of course, nope.

Hiliadan

So where does the FX effect for Cloaked in Shadows come from?

No the icons from other abilities are not good because they can confuse players: Death Bringers have IGC. The Hide Out icon does not look like a cloak at all, it’s not good for immersion in my opinion.
    The Scouting icon is good but I guess it’s better to have a new one.

Other issues:
    – No icon for Sadism in Dungeon? So it does not appear when you preview the fight on the strategic map
    – Not clear if Blood Pavillon applies to Incorporeal, Elemental, etc. in Dungeon? The target should be the same as Suffocate and it should be clear in the description
    – Elite Shamans do not have Combat Healing in addition to Healing (though it’s written “Combat Healing” in the description of their Healing ability… strangely). Same issue for Evangelists
    – Why Undeads, Elementals and creatures of Magical Origin are not affected by the Domain of XX?
    – Domain of Life has no ability associated so is not fully displayed in the unit panel. Same for Domain of the Sun.
    – Wind Ward still present for Air Master (got it through Erasmus cheat; but it’s not in the Tome of Wonder)

Something else that needs an icon:
    – Heavy Winds

Zaskow

– No icon for Sadism in Dungeon? So it does not appear when you preview the fight on the strategic map

I suppose this because preview supports only 1 enchantment.

– Not clear if Blood Pavillon applies to Incorporeal, Elemental, etc. in Dungeon? The target should be the same as Suffocate and it should be clear in the description

I’ll check.

– Elite Shamans do not have Combat Healing in addition to Healing (though it’s written “Combat Healing” in the description of their Healing ability… strangely). Same issue for Evangelists

I’ll check.

– Why Undeads, Elementals and creatures of Magical Origin are not affected by the Domain of XX?

Because this is vanilla stuff. Domain of… spells can’t be researched by Necro btw.

– Domain of Life has no ability associated so is not fully displayed in the unit panel. Same for Domain of the Sun.

This is intended. I didn’t add special abilities for simple buffs.

– Wind Ward still present for Air Master (got it through Erasmus cheat; but it’s not in the Tome of Wonder)

If you can’t find Wind Ward in your spellbook then all is ok.

Hiliadan

2 new issues reported:
    – ” Lesser and Greater animate dead is useless in auto combat, the AI dont prioritze to give undying before engaging.” from a report of a recent game https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=resultinfo&gamenumber=469. Is it possible to change that?
    – Karissa’s Perfume apparently gives Cause Fear instead of the planned Cause Berserk (Medium Range, cast Berserk on target enemy unit)

Zaskow

2 new issues reported:

Fixed.

So where does the FX effect for Cloaked in Shadows come from?

I used some already created (perhaps, Hide Out itself). Nothing new.

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 344 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.