[Noted] PBEM Upload Repeatedly Failing

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Help & Support Multiplayer Issues [Noted] PBEM Upload Repeatedly Failing

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Arnout 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

theunderking

Hi,
    I’m in a very large PBEM game with a friend, turn 84, and now I get upload failed everytime I try. The bar doesn’t move at all before giving me the failed message. This has been the case for at least 10 attempts now, over the last 16 hours.

Previously I would occasionally get the upload failed, but the progress bar would at least move, and the retry would be successful.

Arno
    Keymaster

Hi underking,

I seems you are playing a real large map and server has a limit on how big the games it is allowed to accept. Did you create a custom scenario your self as the random map will not generate scenarios this big?

Anyways we upped the limit so you should be able to continue. Please let me know if this works for you.

Hey Arno,

I’m seeing the same thing with the game I’m on right now. The map isn’t that large really. Savegame it tries to upload: http://www.filedropper.com/1888

I notice that it’s over 6MB. How can it get so big? 😮

Arno
    Keymaster

Hi Arjan,

We’ve looked into this and are working on a fix. I expect it to drop on Monday.

Ah sweet. Thanks! 😀

ElFant99

Hello
    I have the same problem as “theunderking”. I play with a friend a PBEM-game on a large random-map (two human-players and 6 AI-players) and we are at turn 123. Now i get as described above a upload-failed each time i try it. The turns are now above 6MB so if there is a limit on the server please make it higher so that we can go on.
    It would also have been nice to know that there is a limit before we make more than 100 turns and than can’t come to an end.
    The PBEM-game worked until this point really good and it would be a pity if we can’t play this game to the end!

Arno
    Keymaster

We have currently a fix available in the STEAM open-beta branch. Could you give it a try and see if this fixes it for you? Note that all players in the PBEM session need to switch to this branch to continue playing until we officially release a patch for this.

Jolly Joker

Aaaaand, thanks for the early warning, because now the PBEMs with Goggers and Steamers have just gone to hell.
    Mine at least.

Arno
    Keymaster

It seems you where still playing from the open-beta branch. If it was the last turn that was uploaded with the beta build you could ask the host to revert the turn and re-upload from the default branch. You could also tell me the session name/id and I might be able to fix it for you..

PS We’re working on a patch for GoG as well that is likely to be released tomorrow.

Jolly Joker

Thanks for the offer – I was hosting it, but when I tried to download the save when it was my turn again, I got the message that it had been uploaded by a newer version (which has to be the Steam-Beta; I’m GoG). It was a fourway, and I got a message from one guy that he dropped because of that already, since he couldn’t upgrade now because of his other PBEMs. Since another guy had quitted as well, I’ve killed it,
    so don’t bother; we weren’t too deep into it.

If the patch is released tomorrow indeed, then the delay isn’t that much of an issue anyway.

Thanks again.

ElFant99

Thanks for the fast answer but i don’t buy from Steam or games that include Steam so i don’t got the fix. I bought from GoG and there was the latest Patch Version 2.4.0.17. With this patch there is again no upload starting.
    Maybe you can take a look at our game and find out what’s the matter. The session name is “fire & ice 2”.

Arnout
    Keymaster

@elfant99 I presume you have the issue that we fixed in the last update, but wasn’t available yet in the GoG build. If you download the new GoG patch (just released now!) this problem should be fixed.

Please let me know if this fixes it!

ElFant99

Hello Arnout!

The last Patch on GoG from today solved the problem with the upload! Thanks a lot for the fast support.

Arnout
    Keymaster

Good to hear 🙂 HF

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.