[Noted] PBEM uploads failing on first try

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Help & Support General Tech Issues [Noted] PBEM uploads failing on first try

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ZombieEater 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ZombieEater

Whenever – 6 times in a row now – I attempt to upload a PBEM turn immediately after finishing my turn, the upload fails. The bar stays empty or advances by 2, 3 pixels.

I wait for the failure message, hit abort, reopen the turn, hit end turn, and the upload will succeed that time.

Arnout
    Keymaster

Hi ZombieEater, could you post a DxDiag log?

Smirg

I am having the same issue now. Tried 5 times, with a one-hour wait in-between at one point because I assumed maybe the servers just had an issue.

Usually the laoding bar breakts off at about 8%. One time it barley got to 2 or so and once it (very slowly) climbed up to almot 80% before getting stuck.

The game name is Fzzzzk. I’m using 1.555 on Windows 7.

Also, when I quit the game afterwards, Windows reports that the game unexpectedly closed. This never happened before (Singleplayer or earlier during the PBEM, we are now at turn 53).

Smirg

Hmmm, I just tried to upload the local PBEM save file to a file hosting service and found that the upload didn’t really work there either, so likely it’s just my internet connection having a problem.
    (Though surfing and mail worked just fine)

I’ll see whether this works tomorrow.

Smirg

Yup, was just my internet connection. Apparently uploads had some issues while downloads worked ok… And after uploading the turn and quitting, the game no longer crashed on exit either. 🙂

Arnout
    Keymaster

Glad you find out the problem Smirg!

ZombieEater

My bad for not checking back sooner. In the meantime, things seem to have resolved themselves and uploads now work on the first attempt.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.